{Oh My Friend}

ALIVE

Taeyang watched his friend from the sofa that he was sitting on. It's been 12 hours since GD had started working, and except for the occasional toilet break, he hadn't stopped since.

"Isn't it about time that you stop for at least a meal break, Ji?" Taeyang asked, concern clearly heard in his voice.

"Later," came GD's only reply.

The Bigbang's main vocalist sighed and walked over to his leader. As he took a seat on the chair next to his friend, he noticed GD trying to avoid looking at him. His eyes were swollen from the lack of sleep, but the guy showed no sign of succumbing anytime soon.

"Why are you punishing yourself like this, bro?"

GD fiddled with his pencil and did not reply for a long time. In the end, he gave a long sigh.

"I am not sure if I'm a good guy anymore, Bae. Working myself to the bones like this, it's the only way that I can feel normal. So please don't worry and let me be," the Bigbang leader finally replied softly.

It's been a week since GD had been informed of his dope test result. The members were called into YG's office the very next day for a 4 hour-long session of sarcasm, insults and scoldings by the man himself. And even though he finished his "repertoire" with an assurance that the company will do it's best to work with the police in order to keep matter behind closed doors, YG hadn't been kind enough to let them go without punishment. As a result, the Bigbang members were slapped with a curfew order from the boss.

The punishment affected GD greatly, as he realised how his action had affected even the other members. To the members' horror, their leader had gotten down on his knees to apologise, which brought the maknae down into another tirade of sympathy and tears for his favourite hyung.

And now Seungri's dearest leader is even starving himself to death...

Burdened by the members' request to be the one to comfort their leader,Taeyang fiddled with his mobile phone as he tried to think of a way to do so. The action reminded him of the photo of the note which he had been wanting to show GD. Taeyang had hoped his best friend can use it as evidence in self-defense, but the Bigbang leader had been avoiding him and the other members the entire week; becoming withdrawn and reclusive as he traveled back and forth from the studio to the police headquarters to help them with their investigations.

Perhaps...

"Ji..." Taeyang tried again as he leaned forward with his phone. But this time, his sincere attempt was thwarted by a fierce glare from his leader.

"Bae, can't you leave me alone? Can't you see I'm trying to work here?!" GD exclaimed, unable to hide his exasperation.

Taeyang was taken aback by the vehemence in his friend's voice. In all their years of friendship, GD has never raised his voice at Taeyang in such a manner before. To be on the receiving end of GD's anger so unexpectedly like this, it truly stunned him. But GD must have felt it too, for he quickly looked away in shame.

"I'm sorry, Bae...I didn't mean to...I just....need my space for now."

Taeyang nodded as he tried to hide his own disappointment in GD's harsh response earlier.

"It's okay, bro...I understand. Just...try to eat a little, alright...all the other members are worried for you, that's all," Taeyang quipped, keeping his voice steady as he attempted to mask the hurt he is feeling.

GD merely nodded, not saying anything in reply. Sensing how burdensome his presence is, Taeyang stood up to leave. As he turned, GD's left hand brushed past his.

"Thanks, Bae. I understand that you are just trying to be here for me...but...just...give me a little bit more time, alright? I'll be back soon, I promise."

Taeyang smiled sadly at his friend's request, nodding his acknowledgement as he walked out of the room. He wondered why his friend had refused his help and support this time around, even though the both of them had always shared their troubles with each other since they were 13.

As he the outline of the mobile phone in his pocket, Taeyang came to a decision.

If he doesn't want my help, I'll just do it myself then. Time for Plan B....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When Taeyang sat in front of the police inspector exactly 24 hours later, he realised how rash and foolish his decision had been. Especially since he had only heard bits and pieces of GD's explanation regarding the matter.

And even that was prior to the 2nd interrogation.

Taeyang sighed. His initial plan had been pretty simple. With the sincere hope of helping his friend out, he would walk in to the Seoul Police headquarters, hand over the piece of evidence to the investigating officer and make them promise that his identity as the person who tipped-off the team will not be revealed.

What Taeyang certainly did not expect was how he would be subjected to a grueling round of interrogation like this.

How stupid of me...Just because I have a piece of evidence with me...what if I said something that Jiyong chose not to reveal...or worse, goes against his statement??

"Dong Youngbae-ssi, I would like you to repeat your account of the entire situation again."

Sighing, Taeyang recounted his explanation as a witness for the fifth time.

For Jiyong, he kept reminding himself. For Jiyong.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hyung, are you really really sure you aren't joining us for the F1 concert in Singapore?"

Taeyang nodded his head at Seungri's query for what seems like the hundredth time that day.

"I told you, I'm going Japan," he replied matter-of-factly, while inwardly cursing the inquisitive maknae at the same time.

It was already difficult enough that Taeyang had to convince both his manager and YG that having just Seungri and GD&TOP performing their solo and duo stages respectively is more than enough to heat up the race tracks of Singapore's first ever night race.

Now this little brat is asking me so many times over, even Jiyong is starting to get suspicious. Idiotic maknae.

Truthfully, he had refused to go to Singapore because he received a call from the Japanese police saying they had caught the suspect based on his descriptions and CCTV footages found at the club. As he was the witness who tipped them off, Taeyang was called down to help identify the culprit.

It's still too much of a miracle that everything is going as smoothly as I had imagined, though. Neither the manager, YG hyung or even Jiyong himself knew about my involvement with his case...too good to be true, isn't it? What if I m doing something wrong? What if things do go wrong somewhere down the road?

"What are you thinking of, Bae?"

GD's sudden question startled Taeyang from his worries. Seeing how the other is looking at him with suspicion, Taeyang averted his gaze away.

"Nothing," he answered, a little too abruptly.

GD's gaze narrowed with suspicion.

"You are hiding something, Bae. Out with it."

GD's wild guess surprised Taeyang so much that he instinctively raised his eyebrows. Realising that he had given himself away with that little reaction, Taeyang cursed inwardly at himself as he tried to change the topic.

"Now now, Ji...are you trying to play that 'I know you so well, you can't hide anything from me' card on me for revenge, bro? Since when have you been so vindictive, Ji?"

"I can see that you are hiding something too, Youngbae hyung. And I don't even need to use the 'I know you so well, you can't hide anything from me' card, hyung," Seungri replied with a dead-panned look on his face.

Taeyang glared at the maknae for spoiling his cover. Even though he was just stating his views, the maknae was unwittingly making life much harder for his hyung.

Trust the maknae to always mess things up.

"Seungri is right, Bae. You are the worst liar among us, don't you know? You can't even act angry for a hidden camera trick on Daesung," Jiyong came to the maknae's rescue.

"That was years ago!! We haven't even debuted!!" Taeyang objected defensively, but GD simply shook his head.

"Point is, you are hiding something right now, Bae. Keeping to yourself ever since you disappeared to Japan for 48 hours and getting YG hyung in a state of panic when he found out that you weren't even contactable...what the hell happened, Bae? And why is it that you still are not telling us the reason you are going Japan instead of Singapore?"

This is it. Ji is going to make pig's fodder out of me if I don't come up with something fast.

"Well..."

Taeyang could feel himself going red in the face as sheer panic from the thought of GD imminent threat to slaughter his bestfriend creeps up upon him.

I know him too well...

"Well what?!" GD snapped.

While he had finally recovered from his withdrawn self, the Bigbang leader had also been incredibly temperamental with s lately. Not even Taeyang was spared.

Nah...not true. The only one who seemed to be spared from his caustic self is TOP hyung.

"Well...." Taeyang started again, wrecking his brain for a reasonable excuse. "Well, I'm d...d...dating someone. From Japan. A girl...A Ja..Japanese girl..."

Genius, Youngbae. You can't even look at a woman in the eyes for more than 10s, and now you claim to be dating a Japanese girl. How very clever. Might as well tell them the truth now and offer yourself up as the Dragon's sacrifice.

Taeyang was still cringing from his own pathetic excuse, when he realised something strange about the member's reaction to his incredulous lie.

Far from being surprised, both GD and the maknae were grinning from ear to ear. And it stumped him.

"I'm glad you finally came out with it, hyung. Congratulations, hyung! You are finally dating. Ask me if you need any dating advice. And I sincerely hope you'll finally get laid this time around. In the mean time, it seems like TOP hyung is gonna be feeling a little pinch in his pocket," Seungri quipped cheerfully.

Taeyang blinked rapidly. None of the maknae's words were making sense to him.

"Wh...what do you mean I finally came out with...it?"

GD waved his friend's bewilderment off.

"Well, we were all wondering about your little disappearance and thought that something significant must have happened. For awhile, we thought that you had finally decided to run away and not trust any of us enough to share the plan, all thanks to this selfish maknae who blew the whistle on us the last time it happened. But, you know, you are just too hopeless without me backing you up for something like that. So we tried to come up with other explanations for your disappearance and held a bet on it. Seungri and I thought you are secretly dating a Japanese girl, and turns out we are spot on after all. TOP hyung naively thought you are really there for a short getaway. So now he will have to pay me and Seungri 100,000 won each....and oh, pay Daesung half the amount we are getting."

Taeyang's eyes widened in surprise. "Daesung is in this too??!!"

"Yeah," Seungri shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, although he was unable to conceal his devilish grin. "He also made a bet that you are seeing someone in Japan. But he's getting only half our amount because he thought you are seeing a guy."

"DAESUNG THINKS I'M GAY?!?!?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He stood out like a sore thumb among all the look-alikes.

"Number 5," Taeyang pointed out to the guy whom he had seen offering GD the cigar. From his fair amount of Japanese knowledge, he heard the Japanese inspector asking his interpreter to confirm once again.

"I'm very sure, it's number 5," Taeyang replied in Japanese even before his interpreter could relay the question. "Now can I go home?"

Flustered by the star's sudden frustration, the interpreter conveyed his question to the inspector, who immediately looked guilty for having troubled a superstar like this. Taeyang folded his arms and huffed his exasperation. It's been 5 long hours, and they've already made him undergo 3 rounds of interrogations, each time by different people, before finally asking him to identify the culprit.

Red tapes and bureaucratic organisations are truly the worst.

"Youngbae-san, the inspector apologised for making you wait for so long. You are free to go off now. We will contact you should we need any further assistance from you. He would also like to convey his thanks for sparing time from your tight schedule to help out in this investigation."

Taeyang suddenly felt guilty for his unprofessional show of frustration earlier. The Japanese always had their way with making him feel guilty for his inappropriate actions, even if those actions were merely subtle shows of frustration. Bowing his head politely, he thanked the inspector for helping him to conceal his involvement in the case from the people at YG.

As he turned to leave, Taeyang took one last glance at the culprit whom he had helped identify.

That was when he noticed the man on the other side of the room was staring straight at him.

"Jin Woo-ssi. This glass pane....it's view is one-sided, right? He can't actually see me, right?" Taeyang asked his interpreter, still unable to take his eyes off the staring suspect.

"Ah, don't worry, Taeyang-ssi. It is definitely one-sided. On his side, it is simply a mirror on the wall."

Taeyang nodded his understanding at the interpreter's assurance.

It was a fact that he already knew, and the interpreter's assurance should have convinced him, but somehow Taeyang felt the opposite. As he took his leave, Taeyang felt a chill running down his spine as the suspect's eyes followed him all the way until he is away from the glass pane.

He can't see me, Taeyang assured himself. He can't see me.....right?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Are you really sure you are gonna get away so easily, hyung?" Seungri asked, sounding doubtful.

GD smacked his maknae across the head. "Yah! Can't you at least feel happy for your hyung? Do you really want to see me ending up in jail??"

"Aish, hyung!" Seungri jumped onto GD's lap, giving him an aegyo hug. "Maknae will miss his Jiyong hyung if you go, you know."

The other members groaned at the maknae's over-the-top display of aegyo.

"So it was really quite a big thing, eh? A hidden conspiracy with a nationalistic agenda?" TOP asked. GD nodded.

"Yeah. The Inspector told me that this Takazawa guy is a member of the anti-Hallyu movement and they are targeting our Korean stars who are promoting in Japan by trying to drag their reputation down using all sorts of means. Remember the mangas portraying KARA as for the corporate officials? That was them too. The police thought the group had eventually faded off, but apparently it was only because they were gathering their resources to resort into using even dirtier tricks...like putting me in the spotlight for a drug scandal, for example. Of course, the Japanese and Korean police were more concerned that if this news were to be leaked, it might cause further political fissure, so they've decided to keep this under wraps and let me off."

The members fell silent, each lost in his own thoughts. It was mind-boggling, seeing how things eventually turned out for their leader's case.

"Aren't you glad that things turn out this way, Ji?" Taeyang asked, smiling. Personally, he felt proud that his efforts had saved his friend from something which wasn't even his fault in the first place.

Perhaps, it'll be good for me to tell Jiyong right now regarding my involvement in his case. Afterall, everything is going well, isn't it?

"Yeah, I guess you can say that. But you know what surprised me the most?" GD replied. "It's the fact that they caught the correct suspect."

"What do you mean, hyung?" Daesung asked curious.

"Well, you see...when the police were interrogating me, they showed me a couple of photos of the possible suspects. They asked me to identify the guy who gave me the drugs, promising me that if I help them identify the culprit, they'll let me off. One of the photos actually showed the Takazawa guy from a CCTV footage, and I recognised him. But I chose not to tell them that it was him."

Taeyang's head shot up when he heard GD's confession. "Why didn't you tell them? Wouldn't life have been much easier if you had just told them straight away??"

GD shook his head.

"I agree that life would have been much easier. But at that time, I didn't know he meant harm when he offered me. And at that time, I had really thought he is truly a genuine fan. You should have seen the look on his face when he said he is a great fan of mine....I mean, being Kpop idols, how often do we get Japanese fanboys confessing they look up to us, right? So I was quite heartened when I saw him and his confession as my fan. That is why, when the police asked me to identify him, I simply thought there is no way I would betray such a fan."

There was stunned silence as GD finishes off his explanation with a sad smile. Suddenly, TOP's hand came flying out of nowhere to smack him over his head.

"OUCH!!! HYUNG!!! THAT HURTS!!" GD exclaimed, clutching his head from his hyung's blow, but TOP did not mind him and land another smack on his leader's head.

"Are you crazy, Ji?!?" the rapper reprimanded him. "Have you truly never seen a VIP fanboy before, that you decided to lay your future down for a fan??! I can throw you in a mosh pit full of guys right now and I can tell you, 3/4 of them would tell you they are your fan just as genuinely as well!!"

GD pouted, folding his hand defensively.

"But there's a difference, hyung!"

"What the are you still defending that Takazawa guy for??"

"There is a difference, hyung," GD insisted again, this time more quietly than the last. "If I had simply maintained my story that I couldn't remember how he looked like because I had been too drunk, then only I will be indicted. And because it was really non-intentional, I know I will get away with a light sentence. But if I had told on him, it's the death penalty for him,hyung. Do you know what that means, hyung? Indirectly, I would have his blood on my hands. And I don't want that. But now that they've seeked him out, the blood is smeared on my hands anyway. Even now, even after I'm told of the motive behind his actions, I still feel guilty somehow. And the guilt....it'll probably last me for a long, long time, if not for the rest of my life."

This time, the silence in the room that followed GD's regretful voice was subdued. None of the members had thought of the matter that way. To think that their leader was ready to lay down his future for what he initially thought was a mere mis-guided VIP, just so that the fan can continue to live, awed all of them.

Except for Taeyang.

He felt both guilty and horrified. Never did he expect this kind of perspective from GD regarding the matter.

I can never tell Ji that it was me who helped to apprehend the culprit. Because of me and my stupid plan, Jiyong now feels guilty for the death of an individual for the rest of his life.

Unable to hide his guilt-stricken face, Taeyang quickly walked away, to the surprise of his group members.

"Bae, where are you going?" GD had called out after him.

Not daring to look at GD in the eyes, Taeyang kept on straight ahead without turning back.

"Sorry guys, I'm feeling ravenous all of a sudden. Gonna look for something to eat now."

I'm so sorry, Ji...I did it for you, my friend. But never did I expect this was how things would have been interpreted. I'm truly sorry, Ji, but I will carry this secret to my grave.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Things were finally going back to normal for Bigbang. Except for the fact that Daesung is still unable to join them due to the still-inconclusive investigations of his accident scandal, and partly due to his lack of self-confidence to appear in public; as well as GD's occasional trips to the police headquarters, everything else seemed to go as they had been prior to GD's stint with the law.

Hence, it came as a shock on the morning of 5 October, when all 5 members were summoned to the boss's office immediately instead of going for their North Face photo shoot.

Taeyang remembered the frigid air of his office as they walked in. Their managers were already there, as well as all the other people who mattered in the company. At the center of it all, was YG himself.

Having never seen such an angry expression on the boss's face before, the 5 of them knew that they are about to be screwed up really badly.

"Have you guys seen this?" came Sean hyung's question as he turned his iPad to face them. The members crowded around GD who took the iPad in hand.

'G-DRAGON OF BIGBANG TESTED POSITIVE FOR .'

The iPad dropped to the table with a thud as it slipped out of GD's hands.

"No way...." he whispered, shock written all over his face. "How did they know...?"

YG's grim face could have frozen the entire room when he finally spoke up with his equally icy tone.

"Apparently an insider from the police leaked the news to the media. They are investigating it right now."

Time seemed to come to a stand still as neither of the members moved, each as shocked as the other. GD, in particular, was looking visibly pale with unshed tears glistening in his eyes.

"What....what will happen now?" TOP asked, his low voice asking the one question that is on everyone's mind.

YG sighed, a sudden look of regret shadowing his grim face.

"Word has spread to the board of directors and shareholders as we speak, and they are demanding to know my decision. Which is why I called everyone here."

His eyes swept across all the faces in the room.

"Because we now have 2 members caught up in scandals involving the law, I, Yang Hyun Suk of YG Entertainment, had decided that the group BIGBANG shall be suspended from all activities starting from this very moment."

There was absolute silence. Everyone could see this coming, but to have the suspension effective from that very moment?

"But....but, we have a North Face photo shoot scheduled right now," Seungri spluttered.

"We'll cancel it."

"But they've already prepared for the...."

"The suspension starts right NOW, Seungri," YG's voice cut the maknae off harshly. His glare flicked to the guilt-stricken GD.

"Learn from this, children. This is the adult world. There will always be consequences to each and every of your wrong actions. And like it or not, you will have to be responsible for your actions. Because that is how the world will judge you."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taeyang helped himself into GD's apartment, only to see his friend sitting cross-legged on his sofa, staring blankly at the laptop cradled on his lap. It was only when Taeyang moved closer, did he notice that GD's cheeks were stained wet with tears.

The Bigbang vocalist sighed.

It's been 3 days since the news was out, and whenever he checked on his bestfriend, the guy is either crying, is done with crying, or is on the verge of crying.

For someone who doesn't even cry that much when he broke up with his girlfriend, it scared Taeyang to see his bestfriend like this.

Glancing to the laptop that was switched on, Taeyang took a look at the screen.

3,904 agree, 241 disagree
Even if he didn’t know, is unacceptable because he’s G-Dragon (a celebrity)

3,184 agree, 477 disagree
Goodbye GD
I had a good image of you because of Infinity Challenge. How disappointing.

2,651 agree, 427 disagree
Just because his indictment was suspended, he still used marjiauna. Shouldn’t he be banned from appearing on TV?

2,208 agree, 296 disagree
Life is one shot

2,028 agree, 346 disagree
*disappear* Dragon

484 agree, 73 disagree
It’s even more disappointing for me because I’m a fan. He’s horrible, isn’t he even apologetic to his family, label, and fans?

443 agree, 88 disagree
For KBS and MBC, you’re barred from entering no matter what if you’re caught using drugs. Are you watching? If he’s not banned, then YG definitely used money.

366 agree, 121 disagree
‘Tonight I smoked ~’


My goodness....how cruel can human heart be...?

Taeyang was about to tell GD to refrain from seeing the hateful netizen comments that are chalking up the message board on his fancafe, when a particular comment caught his eyes.

2,602 agree, 277 disagree
Taeyang: “I might act like I don’t know, but I know it all. I might act like I’m being fooled, but I’m just closing my eyes.”


Oh ....they caught on.

"Are you reading that comment too, Bae?" GD's sudden question caught him off-guard.

Taeyang gulped at his leader's tone. Even though distraught, GD is clearly out to corner him.

Turning slowly to see GD's red-rimmed eyes staring hard at him, Taeyang carefully worded his reply.

The only one he could think of whenever he is being cornered.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Ji..."

GD's eyes flicked to the screen.

"I might act like I don't know, but I know it all. I might act like I'm being fooled, but I'm just closing my eyes. That was from your twitter account, wasn't it?"

There was no way Taeyang could deny it, so he merely nodded.

GD's eyes narrowed in suspicion, bellying the hurt that was threatening to spill from his heart.

"Seems like you knew something when you wrote that, bro. Tell me the truth, Bae. You were there when he gave me the cigar, weren't you? You saw him, and therefore, you were the one who tipped off the police?"

Taeyang was completely floored by GD's questions and how eerily accurate they were.

How the hell did he come to this conclusion with just a couple of lines from my twitter alone??

But  Taeyang was not prepared to be taken down so easily.

Afterall, I had sworn to bring the truth of my involvement to the grave.

Mustering whatever composure he had left, Taeyang gave what he hoped to be a very convincing show of hurt and confusion. It killed him to be lying to his bestfriend like this, but there is just no way he could confess his involvement. Especially since GD seemed to think that the person who tipped-off the police, is the very person who forced the Bigbang leader to smear his hands with blood.

It would put our friendship at risk. I'm not losing Jiyong like this. No way.

"What the hell are you talking about, Ji? Have you gone so deep into your depression that you would even resort to accusing me?"

GD's stare did not waver, but he did not reply Taeyang's question either. It was only after a full minute of trying to discern the amount of truth in Taeyang's words, that GD finally looked away. The suspicion in his eyes were replaced by a look of guilt and shame.

Shaking his head with disbelief, GD hung his head in shame.

"I'm so sorry, Bae. I shouldn't have doubted you like this. This ....it's really getting to me after all, no matter how much I would like to believe otherwise."

Even though Taeyang was relieved that he managed to escape so narrowly with his blatant lie, the desolation in GD voice was truly heartbreaking. It made him feel guilty somehow.

"You weren't even like this during your Heartbreaker scandal, do you know that, Ji?" Moving to shut down GD's laptop for him, Taeyang put the accursed thing away. "Promise me you won't read the netizens comments again? I do not wish to see you broken by hateful words over a mistake like this, my friend."

GD shook his head again.

"Heartbreaker scandal was mine and mine alone. This....I ended up dragging the entire group down with me..."

"Don't say that, Ji. You'll make Daesung feel worse than he already is. Even though it's true that this scandal was the final catalyst to our suspension, but please remember that YG hyung had to make the decision not only because of your issue, but Daesung's as well...."

Taeyang's words might have struck home, as it jerked the leader's head up.

"Daesung, how is he?" GD asked, suddenly concerned.

Taeyang breathed a small sigh of relief. The leader's pride in GD is still not completely broken yet.

Although I may have to take over for awhile. At least until he's back up on his feet again.

"He's gone back to being withdrawn again. He thinks that it is majorly his fault that the entire group is being suspended. To him, your scandal was just a set-off point."

It was GD's turn to sigh. "And how about the rest?"

Taeyang hung his head. "TOP hyung and Seungri wanted you to know that although our group is suspended, they will still try to find individual opportunities to ensure the group doesn't get completely wiped-out from the public's memories."

GD's expression turned much sadder at the reminder that his actions has put the group in danger of being no longer relevant.

"And what about you, my friend?" he asked Taeyang, his soft voice burdened by the guilt once again.

Taeyang shook his head. "I will do my best for the group, Ji. But in my own way."

The Bigbang leader simply nodded sadly before burying his face in his hands.

"I'm so sorry, Bae. If it hadn't been for me and my stupid trusting self...."

Taeyang  clasped a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Please don't say that, Ji. I know that you only meant well when you've accepted that cigar from Takazawa. And I believe you, my friend. I always will."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Youngbae, is Jiyong still hiding at his parent's?"

Taeyang nodded at TOP's query. The eldest hyung gave a frustrated sigh. After a few minutes, he stood up and put his coat on.

Taeyang blinked, surprised by his sudden action.

"Where are you going, hyung?"

When TOP answered, his voice was a low growl.

"I'm dragging that boy out of his hole. That little should never be allowed to think he has the rights to stay at home and mop around all day long just because his scandal got us suspended. No. I'm not gonna let that skinny bastard get his way."

Taeyang gaped at the tall rapper. Despite the way he cussed their leader using his very colourful choice of vocabulary, Taeyang knew that TOP is just showing his concern for their GD.

A very scary way of showing concern though.

"I'm going with you, hyung." Taeyang jumped to his feet.

TOP frowned. "What for? I can handle him just fine."

Taeyang shrugged his shoulders.

"I miss him too, hyung. And at the rate you are cussing him, our sensitive Jiyong might think you are spoiling for a fight instead of showing him your fiery passionate love."

TOP went bug-eyed at Taeyang's teasing.

"That tiny twerp deserves to be whacked! And I am not showing that er any love!"

Taeyang grinned. It is so typical of their hyung to hide his tough love by using harsh words. The more colourful the words are, the more love he is feeling.

Just that he refuses to admit it.

"See? You just said you love him again. Stop trying to be cute, hyung."

"I am not being cute!! And for the last time, I do not love that skinny !"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hyung! Stop banging the door so hard! This is his parent's house for goodness sake!"

" the door," TOP growled. "That bastard is filthy rich enough to pay for a thousand doors."

Turning back to the door, TOP resumed his banging. "Oit Jiyong, you tiny er! Get your fricking out of that room right now, you idiot!! Unlock the door, you twerp!"

Taeyang cringed at the words the eldest hyung is using.

It'll be so embarrassing if his parents were around.

But they are not. And the only reason both TOP and Taeyang had accessed into the house without anyone's permission is because the tall rapper had coerced his dongsaeng into telling him the security code number which GD's parents had told Taeyang.

They tusted and welcomed me like their own son, and yet, now I've betrayed their trust by bringing in this crazy rapper hyung with me, Taeyang thought miserably to himself.

"Bae? Hyung? What are you guys doing here?"

Both Bigbang members twirled around to see GD standing behind them, with just a towel wrapped around his waist. From the way his hair is dripping droplets of water down his shoulder, Taeyang could guess that the leader had just taken a shower.

"You...you weren't in your room, Ji?"

GD scowled. "No, of course I wasn't, hyung. And why the hell are you banging on my door demanding for me to unlock it? It IS unlocked, didn't you check?"

Taeyang turned to an embarrassed TOP. "You didn't even check if it was unlocked? And you stood outside here, banging on the damn door for the past 5 minutes, demanding for it to be unlocked? Seriously, hyung??"

TOP gave a sheepish smile. "It just didn't occur to me..."

Both GD & Taeyang rolled their eyes at their bingu hyung. There is simply no cure to his idiotic self.

Following their leader into his bedroom, Taeyang was surprised to see how neat his bestfriend really is. Everything is in perfect order and stayed in line. Even his bedsheet does not have a single crease.

Until TOP decided to unceremoniously lie down on it.

"When are you coming back, Ji?" he asked their leader as the GD puts on his plain black T-shirt and baggy pants.

GD paused for awhile, having one leg in his pants, before resuming with the other.

"Isn't it up to YG hyung to lift the ban? Also, it's barely been 2 months, hyung. The public will curse us if I come back too soon, and honestly, I think we've had enough curses to last us for the rest of our life as it is."

TOP sat up in bed, his scowl returning.

"Is that all you care about, Ji? About the public's feelings? Then how about your own group member's? How about me and Youngbae? Daesung and the maknae? How about us, who are waiting for our beloved leader to return? Is Bigbang going to continue being leaderless like this?"

Taeyang lifted an eyebrow and smirked at his hyung's words. Just minutes ago, the man was calling GD a "little er". To hear the tall rapper call his bestfriend "beloved leader" was a 180 degrees turn indeed.

He's definitely trying to use the emotional card on Jiyong.

But GD must have noticed it too, seeing from his twitching lips that was trying to hide his smile.

"I'm not abandoning you guys yet, hyung. So stop being such a drama queen by thinking that Bigbang is leaderless."

Taking his spiral notebook that was on the work table that Taeyang was leaning on, GD flipped a few pages before handing it over to TOP. Taeyang scooted over next to his hyung as he took a look at what is written on the book.

~The winter had passed
And the spring has come
We have withered
And our hearts are bruised from longing~


TOP flipped to another page.

~I'm the one you love, but sorry I'm a bad boy
Yes, just leave me , good bye, you're a good girl
The more time passes, the more you get to know me,
Only disappointments will remain, but
Baby don't leave me, I know you still love me
Why, yes, I'll tell you the truth
I need you
My Lady
My Lady~


TOP flipped several pages down.

~Nothing ever lasts forever
In the end, you changed
There is no reason, no sincerity
Take away such a thing as love
Tonight, I'll be crooked~


Taeyang took the book from TOP's hand and flipped the page again.

~I'm still not inferior, yes I'm a pretty boy
I fly of so flyyy, a punk boy,
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday,
I'm busy, oppa you're bad, baaaad boy
I'm a G to the D, Gold and Diamonds boy~


"You wrote all this while you were cooped up, Ji?" Taeyang asked, as he flipped the pages one by one. Every single page was filled with lyrics, and all it took was a glance through for Taeyang to see how good they are.

GD merely nodded.

"I had to take my mind off the scandal. And work was the best way to do it. I even asked Robin hyung to come up with some rhythms."

Turning around to fiddle with the Mac Book on his table, GD clicked at the mouse several times before cranking up the speaker volume at the side.

A smooth sounding, laid-back beat streamed over the speakers. Taeyang took an immediate liking to the song.

"Which one is this?" he asked.

"Bad Boy. The second page TOP hyung flipped to."

Taeyang turned to his hyung to check his reaction. TOP was clearly amazed as well.

"Is this for our comeback?"

At the question, GD sighed and stopped the music.

"I don't know, hyung. We really screwed up...no. I really screwed up big this time around, hyung. Do you think the public will want us back ever again?"

"Haters will always be haters. It's their loss if G-Dragon decides to disappear forever," TOP pointed out, his scowl making it's return.

"Don't you think it's scary, guys? One day they put us up on the pedestal, the next day, we are stomped face-down in the muds."

Both Taeyang and TOP nodded in agreement.

"But this is life we chose, Ji," Taeyang reminded him. "We chose to be the people we are, and I never regretted my choice to be a singer for even one moment. But if you ask me what the biggest lesson out of this entire thing going on around us should, it is that Bigbang is definitely not invincible. All it takes is one mistake, and we can go down forever."

Taeyang walked over to his perplexed friend.

"But we will not go down, Ji. While we are at our most vulnerable right now, we should not allow ourselves to be completely defeated yet. People will forget, eventually. All we need to do right now, is get back on our feet as a group, and work towards the future, unknown as it may be."

GD smiled at the strength his best friend was giving him. Taeyang had always been the glue of the group, and right now, he is doing what he had always done whenever GD had fallen short.

"Thank you, Bae, hyung. If not for you guys..." GD's voice faltered, as emotions suddenly overcome him. Feeling the emotions affecting him too, Taeyang pulled GD into a fierce hug.

"I've got your back, Ji. I've always gotten your back, and I always will, my friend," he whispered.

Seeing how the two best friends are hugging each other, TOP walked over to his dongsaengs.

"You er s. Doing all this huggings and emotional displays like sissy girls. Either you get a room or invite your hyung here for a group hug too, can't you?"

Taeyang and GD laughed at their hyung's words.

"You just want to a chance to hug your beloved under the guise of bromance too, don't you, hyung?"

TOP went bug-eyed again, this time sputtering at the same time.

"What the hell are you saying, Youngbae?! You wanna die early??"

As Taeyang laughingly avoided TOP's fist that was aiming straight for the top of his head, he can't help but notice the warm glow of blush spreading over GD's face as the Bigbang leader gave their hyung an adoring look. It bewildered Taeyang, but given how badly TOP was trying to smack him over the head, the queerness of GD's reaction was quickly forgotten.

"Let's go, guys," GD said as he turned around to put his Mac Book and lyrics notebook into a backpack.

The other 2 members stopped goofing around and stared at their leader.

"Where are you going, Ji?" TOP asked, confused by GD's sudden declaration. The Bigbang leader stared back at his confused members.

"Why...we are going back to work, of course! God knows when our suspension is gonna be lifted, but we might as well use this free time to produce our best comebacks ever. And just so you know, I'm planning to chain you guys to the studio door and whip- everyone to work until you all bleed."

Both TOP and Taeyang gave a loud audible groan.

"Should have just let him hole up at home, hyung."

"You're right, Bae. Should have never broken into this house and bang on his stupid door."

GD gave an evil smile.

"Stop regretting it, guys. You've got my back and I've got your back, remember?"

TOP pouted distastefully.

"Youngbae said 'back', Jiyong. He did not say ''."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All 5 boys were gathered at GD's hotel room,all eyes on the award trophy that is in the middle of his bed.

"Feels like a miracle, doesn't it, hyung?" Seungri was the first to speak as he stared at the award in awe.

GD nodded, speechless.

Still reeling from the heady high of having won their most impressive award to date here at the Belfast MTV EMA, the Bigbang member couldn't help but think how the award had been their unexpected lifeline. After all, who'd expect 5 relatively unknown boys from South Korea to beat THE Britney Spears for the Best World Wide Act award, right? But they did, despite the ire of the netizens who shamed and hated on them for making their appearance at the international stage even though they are still under suspension on home ground.

"I checked the web, and the media and netizens alike are raving about our win," the maknae continued. GD smirked at the hypocrisy of the Korean netizens.

However, unlike his leader, Daesung raised his head, a hopeful look dawning in his eyes.

"Does this mean we are forgiven?"

His question broke the members' hearts. TOP went over to the younger guy and ruffled his hair.

"Don't worry so much about being forgiven, Daesungie. What matters more is that we are here, together, beating the 5 year jinx. Given how much we've been through together as a group and yet, still win an international award? I'd say they are nuts not to forgive us."

TOP's confidence left a deep, lasting impression in their hearts. For months now, they have been working together as a team, spending most of their time in their studio room. Whatever differences that the members had prior to this was put aside, as each put their heart and soul into their production under GD's leadership once again.

To Taeyang especially, it reminded him of their pre-debut days, where the members had nothing to their name and worked hard for an indefinite future they could only dream of. Even though they had almost been on the verge of breaking up, because of these recent unfortunate events, the Bigbang members are now closer than ever.

Our group had found the silver lining in the clouds. And, damn, now we're making rainbows too.

"I guess this is our turning point, eh?" Taeyang spoke the words that had been on everyone's mind. The members nodded.

"Once the time is right, we should make a comeback, to thank our VIPs who had worked so hard to give us this award. They knew this is the only way we can rise back up from the ashes, and so our fans got their act together and gave us this award." GD looked at the each of the member's faces in the room.

"Guys, let's work hard, bring back this group and soar to even greater heights. One which our industry has never seen before. Let's show the world what Bigbang really is."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taeyang sat atop a ledge at YG office. The town of Hapjeong looked really peaceful at 3am in the morning.

Breathing in the fresh air, Taeyang let his mind float away with the nostalgic emotion he is feeling.

It's been 3 years since their memorable win at Belfast, and the group's situation at the current moment couldn't be more different.

Having gained the public's favour once again, the group had skyrocketed their way back to the top with their hugely successful Alive album promotions in both Korea and Japan, before going on a full-scale world tour that earned rave reviews from both local and international media.

Since the tour had been so successful, YG became rather generous with them, allowing every member to come up with their own solo works. Starting from Daesung who promoted in Japan, all the other Bigbang members later took turns to promote as a solo act in their home ground. The success of all the members for their solos had been touted as an amazing feat, one which no other group had been able to achieve so far. Personally, Taeyang knew that it was only possible because they are lucky to have a solid fanbase.

No. It wasn't just the solid fanbase. It was also because we are all different individuals with enough talent to stand on our own. And when we come together as a group, we are a force to reckon with. Hell, we've even broke the record with our recently ended 6-dome tours!

Taeyang smiled at the thought and stretched his limbs. He felt blessed to be in Bigbang.

We are the kings.

Feeling refreshed, he got down from the ledge and started to walk back to the studio when he felt his mobile phone vibrating in his pockets. The notification showed a mail sent by an unknown number. Curious, he tapped on the message. The 4 photos sent by the messenger began downloading automatically.

What the ??!

Shocked by what he had seen in the first photo, Taeyang quickly scrolled through the other 3 photos before turning his face away, embarrassed.

All the photos had shown a guy ing a girl in a toilet cubicle. Each photo showed them in different ual positions, but the final one had shown the couple in a state of complete ness.

And what had shocked Taeyang the most was how he had recognised the guy from his tattoos alone.

Damn it, Ji. Why the hell are you ing a girl in a toilet?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Taeyang was still pacing about, unsure of what he should do with the photos, when his phone started ringing. It was the same unknown number again.Feeling both scared and angry, Taeyang picked up the call.

"Who are you and what the do you want?"

"A good morning to you too, Taeyang-ssi. My goodness. I heard that you are an idol of impeccable manners. So, since you have decided to skip the customary hello and phone courtesy entirely, I gather that you must have had quite a delicious shock after seeing those photos? Tell me, did any of the other members enjoyed it like you did?"

Taeyang gritted his teeth.

"I'll ask this one last time, who the are you? How did you get your hands on these photos? Which other members did you send these photos to?"

The thin, raspy voice on the other line laughed.

"Ahhhh....So you were alone? Good then. Coz we won't want the others to see the Bigbang leader ing someone else too, won't we? Now listen to me carefully, Taeyang-ssi. As you may have realised by now, this is a blackmail, so don't try to do anything funny. The moment you call the police, I'm clicking the send button. And by tomorrow, you can be damn sure your friend's will be all over the front page news."

Taeyang finally registered the gravity of the guy's threat.

"What do you want...?" Taeyang whispered.

Again the voice laughed.

"Finally, we are starting to talk in the same language, eh Taeyang-ssi? Good. Now listen. I will be sending you an address shortly. Be at the venue in an hour's time, and don't be late. Not even a mere second late. I've got the mail pre-scheduled for delivery to every single broadcasting station and newspaper company in Seoul at exactly 4.30am sharp, and unless you get here in time, I will not retrieve it from the schedule. Needless to say, I want you to come alone. And let me remind you once again, should you decide to pull any tricks on me, your friend's is gonna be so much more famous than the entire Bigbang combined."

Taeyang panicked. For all he know, this could all be a ruse to kidnap him.

"This is a joke, right? You are just another sasaeng fan who is pulling out all the stops just for a chance to grab at my , aren't you?"

The voice chuckled, sounding amused.

"No, Taeyang-ssi. This is definitely not a joke. Neither am I a sasaeng fan who is out to grab your . However, if you don't show up as expected, the one who will be doing the grabbing is your friend's . Now be a good boy and wait for my mail."

The phone line cut off before Taeyang could get another word out.

. !!

Taeyang's mind was in shambles.

If this gets out, Jiyong will be done for....no. The entire group will be done for!

Going over to the nearest wall, Taeyang slammed his fist against it. The impact caused him to wince in pain, but it was the least of his concern.

Dammit dammit dammit, Ji!! You've screwed us up all over again!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

A/N: I'm so sorry this chapter took so long to be completed. It's because I didn't expect it to be so long! For the first time, I copied the entire chapter onto Word for a wordcount, and I was really REALLY surprised that this chapter is actually 20 pages lonG, about 8000+ words. Holy . I truly hope you guys didn't have attention-deficit problems while reading my chapters. And I hoped you enjoyed it as well. Comments are always welcomed. Until my next update, pls have a good time shopping for X'Mas everyone!

 

P.S: I'm super duper excited that I'm going for Bigbang's concert @ Tokyo Dome on 19 December. If any of you guys are going for the concert date as well, pls let me know! I'd love to meet-up and mingle around with my fellow iVIPs prior to the party!! XD