{Love Song}

ALIVE

When Daesung eventually burst out from the back door, the alley was empty, save for a hunched figure that was kneeling over something on the floor.

"TOP hyung...?" he called out, but the figure did not turn. Daesung slowly approached the unmoving figure. "Hyung....is that you? What's wrong?"

Daesung halted. The figure still did not reply, but by now, he could see that it was really TOP who was hunched over another person lying on the floor.

Studded sneakers...?

Daesung gasped when he realised who it was.

"JIYONG HYUNG!!!"

His knees may have scrapped against the rough asphalt of the alley as he rushed to his leader's side, but the pain was nothing as compared to the sight that greeted him.

Why? Why is Jiyong hyung covered in blood? WHY??!!

He looked up. TOP's face was frozen in shock, as if he couldn't understand what he was seeing.

"Hyung...hyung!!" Daesung roughly shook TOP by the shoulder, hoping to snap his group mate out of his shock. When the other guy finally looked at him in the face, Daesung saw tears streaming down.

"It's my fault Daesung...." TOP whispered through his tears. "It's my fault that I did not stop Youngbae in time...."

Daesung could almost feel his world shrinking away when he heard their group mate's name.

"Youngbae.....? Youngbae hyung did this.....? But.....but why?"

TOP shook his head, a sob escaping as he tried to speak. "I...I don't kno...know...."

Daesung looked down at their pale-faced leader. His breathe was shallow and a soft groan told Daesung that their leader has not passed out yet.

There are too many questions I want to ask you, Jiyong hyung, but now is not the time.

"We've gotta bring him to the nearest hospital, hyung. He's losing too much blood. Hyung, you gotta stop freezing out like this or our Jiyong hyung will DIE!"

TOP looked at Daesung, shocked. It was as if the word "die" finally caught his attention.

"I understand."

Roughly wiping the tears on his sleeves, TOP took out his mobile phone. "I'll call manager hyung to dri...."

"We can't call anyone right now." Daesung stopped him."There are too many reporters in there and we can't alert anyone of this. Especially if Youngbae hyung is really involved..."

"Then how do you suppose we get him there? Calling an ambulance will attract just as much attention...."

"We bring him there ourselves." Daesung interjected as he took out a bunch of keys from his pocket. "I grabbed our van's key from manager hyung when he wasn't looking. We'll bring Jiyong-hyung to the hospital ourselves."

TOP stared at his groupmate. He wanted to ask why would Daesung take the keys from his manager, but it seemed insignificant somehow.

"Don't stare at me, hyung. We've got a life to save and it'll be good if you can help me carry Jiyong hyung to the van. It's parked just round the corner so I don't think we'll be spotted if we hurry."

TOP grabbed Daesung's hand as the younger guy was about to reach out for for their leader.

"Leave Jiyong to me. You go ahead and make sure no one is around. We can't afford to make the headlines tomorrow. Not like this."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Hyung!!"

The other guy simply smiled.

"Surprised to see me, Seungri?"

"Of course, hyung...it's been so long since we last met each other...come come, take a seat...Have a drink, it's my treat."

"You know I'm not here just for a drink, don't you?"

Seungri fell silent. The gut feeling that he felt upon seeing the other guy became even stronger.

"Hyunsuk hyung sent you, didn't he?"

Jang Hyunseung laughed.

"Still the smart maknae as ever, aren't you, Seungri?"

Seungri's shoulder tensed. Even though Hyunseung had since been a member of Beast, Seungri still feels nervous around the guy. In fact, every single time they meet, Seungri would be reminded of the day YG had chosen him over Hyunseung to form Bigbang.

And right now, Hyunseung's presence was yet another stark reminder of how Seungri barely made it to the group.

"Why are you here?"

Hyunseung, who had taken the seat beside Seungri, raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Oh my....can you please not sound so cold, Seungri? After all, we haven't met for such a long time...In fact, it seems to me that you are always avoiding me..."

Seungri's face reddened.

"It...It's not th...that I'm avoiding you....Just that....I didn't see you often..."

Hyunseung smirked. "Still a very bad compulsive liar, aren't you?"

Seungri knew he had been caught red-handed. Even though he has the gift of the gab with outsiders, when it comes to the Bigbang members, Seungri can never seem to outwit them. Especially GD. And since Hyunseung had spent over a year with the members during his trainee days as So-1, he too can detect the maknae's attempt to fool them.

In fact, sometimes I'm the one who end up the fool for thinking that I had managed to fool them....

"So why did Hyunsuk hyung send you here? Is it to remind me how I barely made it to the group like...many years ago?"

Hyunseung did not answer him immediately. Instead, he took the time to order a drink from the bartender. To Seungri's dreading heart, older guy is being deliberately slow to extend the suspense. Seungri gritted his teeth, his grip on the shot glass tightening from the frustration.

Damn, he is stringing me along like a puppet....

"You're leaving Bigbang?"

Seungri's eyes narrowed. "What has my decision got to do with you?"

Hyunseung laughed his high-pitched laughter that Seungri suddenly come to hate.

He had changed so much ever since our trainee days...., Seungri thought to himself.

"I'm sure you've heard, Beast's contract with Cube is ending soon. That means it's up to us if we want to extend our contract with Cube...or sign with another company."

Seungri could guess where this conversation is going.

"You are thinking of signing with YG, aren't you? What about Beast?"

Hyunseung shrugged.

"As everyone knows, when a group reaches the end of it's contract, that group may breakup...Right now, Yoseob is thinking of a solo career. So does Kikwang, coz they are the most successful of our group. Doojoon is thinking of going into his acting career, while Junsung wanted to be a full-time songwriter and producer. He said the royalties of his work brought in more money than being an idol does. Dongwoon, well he's got an offer from Pledis, but he's thinking of continuing his education and signing on the army after that...I think that boy just wanna quit the entertainment scene altogether...."

Seungri gaped at this revelation.

"But...but you guys are so successful! I mean, Cube was the one who made you guys famous! And did you guys ever think about your B2TIES? Your decisions are gonna hurt them so much!!"

"Then have you thought about your own decision?! Like it or not, it was Bigbang who made you famous. And you leaving the group, won't that  hurt the VIPs who loved you guys so much as well??" Hyunseung snapped back.

Seungri felt as if he had been shot. Throughout the entire ordeal, he had only thought about how he will make it as a solo artist. He was convinced that even if he leaves the group, his fans will follow him.

But I never thought about how the decision will hurt them...

"Hyunsuk hyung..." Hyunseung spoke up again. "I met him in his office this morning."

Seungri looked up sharply at Hyunseung's comment, but he did not say anything.

"He offered me a YG contract. One that is more lucrative than Cube's or any other entertainment company's offer. And then he revealed to me his plans for Bigbang. That, since you and Youngbae hyung are leaving, he will disband the entire group. He told me that he will not allow anyone to remain in Bigbang because its just too pathetic for a group of Bigbang's calibre."

Hyunseung leaned forward, his face no longer smiling.

"In other words, because of your selfish decision, the entire group will suffer."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It seemed like a huge miracle that not a single soul was around to witness the two Bigbang members carrying their wounded leader into the van.

"Let's go quickly before our luck runs out." TOP said as he climbed into the backseat with GD, cradling their leader's head on his lap. Daesung gave a quick nod and ran over to the driver's side.

Just before he opened the door, the reality of his actions hit him.

What the hell am I doing?

With trembling hands, he opened the door and got into the driver's seat. But that was all he could do as he felt the fear gripping him, working its way up to his throat. His heartbeat quickened as he placed his shaking hands onto the steering wheels.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, Daesung understood that he can't afford to waste anymore time, and yet, he couldn't keep the fear away. His lungs felt as if they couldn't breath in enough air, but the harder he tried to breath in deeply, the more impossible it seemed. As if that was not taxing enough, a wave of nausea began to overwhelm him.

"Ya! What the hell are you wasting time for? Start the engine alrea...." TOP broke off in mid-sentence. Something didn't seem right with Daesung. For one, he looked as if he was hyperventilating at the current moment.

"Daesung?! Ya! Are you okay?! Answer me!" TOP asked reaching forward, but Daesung immediately flinched away.

What the hell is happening to this guy?!

"Daesung! Daesung! Oit! Are you okay? What the hell is wrong with you? Answer me! Daesung!!"

The younger guy did not turn. Instead, he looked down at his bloodied hands.

"...I can't do it, hyung..." he gasped,"I can't...I've got blood on my hands, hyung...look..."

It was TOP's turn to panic. It is clear enough by now that Daesung is descending into a nervous breakdown. The trauma from his accident incident had caused a driving phobia in their younger member, causing him to breakdown into these self-blaming guilt rides every now and then. But TOP had never actually seen it happen for himself. The only ones who dealt with it were Taeyang and GD, but one isn't around to help right now, while the other isn't in a condition to help at all.

! Of all times...but I've got to deal with this myself.

"Oit Daesung, listen to me, listen to me. You must get a grip on yourself, okay? Those blood, that's just Jiyong's bloo..."

"I can't do it, hyung..." Daesung cut him off. "I killed someone the last time I drove, hyung."

He slammed his hands against the steering wheel. There is simply no way he can bring himself to drive again.

"I'm a murderer, hyung."

As his clammy hands tightened its grip on the steering wheels, Daesung began to rock his body forward and backward.

He can still remember everything so clearly. At that time, the guy had looked at Daesung straight in the eye as he whispered his dying word.

"Omma...."

It was those eyes in its last moments that had haunted Daesung.

And it had never stopped haunting me ever since.

"I had taken a son away from his mother because of these hands, hyung." His speech sounded garbled, but Daesung couldn't think straight anymore. All he could think of were those eyes, staring at him, accusing him. "I had taken a life whom she had born through so much hardship. I'm a murderer, hyung.... I'm a murderer who shouldn't be ALIVE!!!"

This is not good,TOP thought to himself. Even if he tries to convince Daesung that he is not a murderer, it will only push the younger guy deeper into his trauma.  At that moment, TOP fervently wished that he had followed his manager's advice and taken his driving test more seriously, but of course, he did not. That, plus the fact that he couldn't bear to let go of his good friend.

Right now, Daesung is the only one who can save Jiyong.

"Daesung...Daesung...please, listen to me. We gotta save Jiyong right now. Please, I beg you, please push your fear aside and start driving right now....please..."

The younger guy continued to rock back and forth, his knuckles turning white from gripping the steering wheels. He could hear TOP's pleas, but none of it registered in his mind. As the fear continued to pull him into its darkness, his mind could only repeat the scene from the accident over and over again.

I shouldn't be alive. I should have died instead of him. I SHOULDN'T BE ALIVE!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"...Daesungie ya..."

Daesung froze at the whisper that was calling his name. It was like a piercing light that broke through his darkness.

"Our Daesungie ya..."

There it was again. Except that this time, it was followed by a splutter of coughs.

"Jiyong! You shouldn't get up!" TOP protested, but a shivering finger placed upon his lips silenced him.

Daesung raised his head to look through the rear-view mirror. His eyes widened.

GD was wincing through his pain as he struggled to sit up with the help of TOP. And yet, when their eyes finally met through the rear-view mirror, a weak smile formed on Jiyong's pale-face despite the labored breathing that did not let up.

Daesung felt his fear loosening its grip a little.

"...Daesungie ya...did you forget...the...promise I made?..."

Promise....Jiyong hyung's promise....

He coughed again, wincing at the agony from the wound.

Still, his smile did not let up.

"...I promised you....didn't I?...That no matter...what....I will....always...always believe in you..."

Jiyong hyung....

A spasm of cough racked his wounded body again, but even as it caused him to splutter out blood, Jiyong refused to listen to TOP's pleas to get him to stop talking.

"...You're...my brother in BIGBANG, Daesung....I will...never think...of you in any other way....no matter what happens...to any of...us...."

Another splutter of cough.

"...Seunghyun ah..." GD turned to TOP. "...should anything happen to me...please take good care of Daesung...and the rest of BIGBANG..."

TOP couldn't hold back his sobs anymore, unable to speak. GD smiled softly as he raised his bloodied hands to his friend's cheeks.

"...thank you so much....for looking after me....ever since we were kids....you and Youngbae....had always protected me...so please...forgive him...it wasn't his fault...it wasn't him..."

"What the hell are you saying, Jiyong ya.....Don't go around talking like you are leaving us please..." TOP protested weakly in between his sobbings.

"...promise me, won't you?" Jiyong whispered, his weakened body leaning into TOP. "...promise me that BIGBANG willl stay together.....forever...."

Daesung watched through the rear-view mirror as GD slumped onto TOP's lap, losing his consciousness once again. He watched as TOP tried to rouse his old friend again, but to no avail. He watched as TOP stopped trying and looked straight at him through the rear-view mirror.

The cold stare bore straight at him,  piercing his eyes with an intensity like never before.

"You heard him, Daesung. He believed in you even though he is in this condition. Now start the engine...or you'll be adding Jiyong to your list of victims."

The harsh words from TOP shook Daesung to the core.

He did not even try to convince me otherwise. Just like Jiyong hyung had done. Perhaps, it is because they knew that disagreeing with me will be futile.

This fear....it can only be overcome by me. This fear....this is my fight alone!

Gritting his teeth, Daesung forced himself to take hold of the steering wheel and turned the keys to ignite the engine. As the vehicle roared to life, he took one last glance in the rear-view mirror.

Even though I killed someone, you still held your faith in me, Jiyong hyung....now let me return your faith by saving a life this time around....

....your life....


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Maknae...Just because you had some solos out there doesn't mean you can survive on your own you know."

Hyunseung smirked. He had always known that Seungri thrived on praises, and blunt criticisms like these are the very ones that will shaken his confidence.

And hopefully make him think twice about leaving BIGBANG.

"I know I have the potential to make it own my own! And about the VIPs....there...there is just no helping it then. We aren't gonna stay as a group together forever anyway. We will eventually part ways, and VIPs will have to face that truth someday. Anyway, thanks for your concern, but I know that my true fans will be supportive of whatever decisions I make. They'll definitely follow me wherever I go, even if that means I have to leave YG!!"

At first, the vehemence in his words stunned Hyunseung, but then the Beast member realised that Seungri's words were more of a cover up to his shaky defense. Clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth, Hyunseung attempted to hide his smile.

"Confident, aren't you, maknae? Well let me tell you the honest truth. You, unlike Jiyong hyung, has absolutely nothing to offer the fans. The only reason you are popular right now, is because you are in BIGBANG. The moment you step out of the group, your popularity will drop. The moment you step out of YG, you are nothing but just another retired idol. And here's another piece of news for you...."

Hyunseung popped the cherry into his mouth.

"When BIGBANG gets disbanded, GD, TOP, Daesung and yours truly will form a new unit."

Hyunseung leaned in to whisper into Seungri's burning ears.

"You know what that means, don't you? I will take your position as the dancer in the group....just the way it should have been, right from the very beginning."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seungri felt his blood freeze in his veins. He finally heard the most dreaded words from Hyunseung, and yet he couldn't believe it. The rage finally came bursting.

"You are just lying, aren't you? You are just saying those words to trick me into going back to BIGBANG, aren't you?!"

Hyunseung cocked his head to one side and pouted.

"You jealous, maknae? Is that why you are calling me a liar? Oh well."

Ignoring the other's accusations, Hyunseung nonchalantly fished out his mobile phone from his back pocket. Scrolling through his contacts list, he picked a number and dialled it. Ensuring that the call got through, he pushed the phone to Seungri's right ear.

"What the hell are you doing? Who are you calling?" Seungri questioned, his eyes narrowing in suspicion.

Hyunseung shrugged his shoulders. "You didn't believe me when I told you. Now talk to the man himself."

The call connected. "What is it, Hyunseung?"

Seungri's eyes widened. There is no way he could not recognise the familiar voice.

"Hyung...it's not Hyunseung. It's me...Seungri."

There was silence on the other side. Unable to contain himself, Seungri blurted out the burning question in his mind.

"Is it true that you will allow Hyunseung to take over my place once I leave BIGBANG?!"

There was a momentary pause on YG's side of the line.

"So he told you?"

So he told you?? Did he just confirm it???

Seungri's felt his body freeze. Was it meant to be Hyunseung all these years....?

"....hyung, please just tell me this. Do you really think Hyunseung can replace me in Bigbang?"

There was silence on YG's side of the line. This time, it was longer than the previous pause.

"Seungri, did you ask yourself this question when you asked me this?"

"Of course I did, hyung. And no matter how I think of it, there is absolutely no way Bigbang can be made up of anyone other than the 5 of us..."

What the hell am I saying...?

"...we made Bigbang into what it is today, and in return, it made us into who we are now..."

I shouldn't be saying these!

"...you can't just replace any of us, hyung. As long as I am a Bigbang member, I will not let it be destroyed like this!"

"You are no longer a Bigbang member, Seungri." YG interjected.

Stop it, Seungri. You are playing straight into his trap.

"YES, I AM!!"

Damn.

Seungri can't believe the vehemence and passion in his words that flew right out of his mouth. To think that he had gone through so much trouble just to break away from the group for the sake of his dream of going solo; and yet, those very dreams that he had worked so hard for seemed like weak excuses the moment he gave voice to what he had tried so hard to deny.

Because I can no longer lie to myself.

There was a long silence on the other end of the line. In front of him, Hyunseung was watching him closely, his expression grim.

"Seungri, do you know why I chose you over Hyunseung?"

The maknae blinked a few times, surprised at the question posed to him.

"Because...because you said his performance lacked expression and emotions?"

"Well, yes of course, that was what I said back then; but there is something else that I did not mention in the video. I chose you over Hyunseung because you were ambitious and full of dreams. And I know, with that passion of yours, you'll be able to bring up the group to greater heights. It was something that Hyunseung could never do."

Seungri was speechless. This was the first time that he heard YG said anything on this matter, let alone praise him.

"Hyung..."

"I'll leave it to you, Seungri. Whether or not this is the end of the road for Bigbang, the decision is in your hands, little Seunghyun. Only you can change the outcome."

Seungri returned the phone to the anticipating Hyunseung who was trying so hard to act nonchalant. He held up the phone to his ear, but realised that YG had already hung up. Returning the mobile phone to his pocket, he waited for the Bigbang maknae to speak up, his own curiosity peaking regarding the outcome of his ruse.

But Seungri simply stared back at the questioning gaze, not bothering to explain. Then he closed his eyes briefly.

"Only you can change the outcome."

YG's last words before hanging up echoed in his heart.

Bigbang's fate lies in my hands....

He pondered on his sudden outburst earlier and knew that at the end of the day, it was no longer a question of his courage to leave the group. Rather, it's a question of how willing he is to leave the group. And Seungri knows the answer all too well.

I am a part of Bigbang, and Bigbang is a part of me. Always.

"Hyung, why did you choose to come?"

The Beast member's face softened at the question.

"I may no longer be a part of Bigbang, but as someone who spent time with the 5 of you at the beginning of this idol journey, I can't bear to see a group of brothers parting ways because of a few discord among them. It's like seeing your first love parting ways with her current beau. You don't exactly wish for their love to happen, but at the same time, knowing that she will be heartbroken, you can't help but root for their love to mend again....just so that she'll always be happy."

Seungri stared at the dreamy-looking Hyunseung. "Hyung...I know you're a lil stuck in your 4th dimension, but somehow that weird metaphor of yours sounds ridiculously accurate...."

Hyunseung chuckled. "Nothing's changed, maknae....nothing is changed."

The tension between the two dissipated with that small banter. Seungri had to agree, however reluctantly, that introducing Hyunseung into the equation had been a brilliant move by YG. He was a neutral party, but has as much passion for the group as the members themselves.

But now, I am the maknae who will change the fate of our team.

Seungri pursed his lips and stood up.

"Hyung, I think that I should make up for my erroneous decision. Since you've played a tremendous part in helping me change my mind, will you help me out with the rest?"

Hyunseung leaned back in his chair and shook his head.

"No, Seungri. As much as I'd love to help Bigbang patch things up again, I was never part of the group to begin with. Plus, watching you all revved up right now inspires me to think of a way to make the Beast members stay together as well. So I'll probably spend a couple more hours right here, thinking about my own."

Hyunseung squeezed Seungri on his shoulder.

"You should go, maknae. You are the only one who can change the outcome."

There it is again...the same exact words that Hyunsuk hyung had said....

That I'm the only one who can change the outcome.

"Thank you, hyung. For coming. For helping us out. Now, just leave it to this maknae to make things right again."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taeyang stood still, letting the occasional gust of the cold night's wind tickle the nape of his neck. Every now and then, he will think about what it was that he wanted to say to Jiyong.

Or maybe, what I should have said...

The amount of guilt and regret mounting in his heart feels overwhelming at times, but he held it back.

What was done, cannot be undone.

Once in awhile, he would check his phone. As the minutes passed, he began to grow restless.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The sudden vibration of his phone startled Taeyang. Frowning at the number, he picked up the call.

"Hyung! Where are you now?"

"Seungri? I am at the alley behind the clubhouse...why did...."

"Hyung! Just stay there. I'll be right over in a minute. Don't move!!"

Taeyang opened his mouth to respond, but the maknae already hung up on him. Again he frowned, this time in confusion.

Ever since the big fight happened, the maknae did not even try to contact him. To have him suddenly call up, and even rushing up to meet at a time like this...

Maybe I should let him know to meet up next time...

"Hyung!"

Taeyang twirled around in surprise. Seungri stumbled out of a cab, telling the driver to keep his change, before running towards .

"Seungri?? How the hell did you you get here so fast? We barely just ended our phone call just now!"

"I was just a little down the street when I called you. Hyung...we need to talk somewhere else. I think I spotted a group of sasaeng fans following me out of the club just now."

Taeyang pushed away Seungri's hand that was pulling him away.

"I'm not moving. I'm meeting someone here."

Seungri turned around, exasperation clearly written on his face at his hyung's stubbornness.

"Hyung, we really need to go...you can just tell the person to meet you elsewhere."

"No. I can't. We agreed to meet here."

Seungri heaved a sigh of frustration.

"Okay. Fine. We stay here. But if the sasaeng fans catch up with us, promise me that we'll get out of this place asap, okay? What time are you supposed to meet your friend anyway?"

"8." Taeyang answered shortly.

Seungri looked at his watch. "8? It's already 9.10, hyung! Isn't that a sign that your friend has ditched you?"

"No, he didn't, Seungri." Taeyang answered quietly. "He isn't the type to break his promise and ditch his friend. Unlike me."

The exasperation disappeared from the maknae's face.

"Hyung...this friend...who is he?"

Taeyang looked up at Seungri. "Jiyong. I'm meeting Jiyong hyung."

Seungri's face was unreadable.

"Youngbae hyung...could it be, by any chance, you are meeting Jiyong hyung to talk about your decision?"

Taeyang nodded. "Seungri, I heard that you also made the decision to leave the group after I left."

The maknae nodded his head, his face burning with shame from the reminder of his selfish act.

His hyung gave a sigh. "Seungri...I know that I had set a very bad example for my dongsaengs the other day, but please, I beg you. Please return to Bigbang."

The younger man reached out and placed his hand on Taeyang's shoulder.

"Hyung, this is exactly what I wanna talk about. I'm not leaving Bigbang anymore. I realised how selfish I had been, thinking I can survive on my own. I mean, I'm still sure I can make it on my own, but it will be a lonely journey without my other hyungs with me. The 5 of us.....we've gone through so much together. The thought of walking away from those memories....I realised that my heart isn't strong enough for something like that, hyung. And so, I would like to return to the group. And I would like you to return too...Bigbang is just never the same if any of us goes away."

Taeyang wasn't sure how he should be feeling upon hearing Seungri's heartfelt words. There was a part of him that felt relieved that the maknae is returning to the group. Another part felt jealous and betrayed that he is now alone on this lonely solo journey. But the most prominent part was the one that agreed with Seungri's words. That part was his initial greed to go solo. But it had since changed over the past few days.

It was that part now that is begging Taeyang to go back to his brothers.

But it can't be done.

"I'm sorry, Seungri...but I can't go back to our group. It is for the better of everyone in the group that I leave."

Seungri shook his head. "I don't believe you, hyung. You are saying these words with that kind of sad smile...it's like a sacrifice rather than a determination. Why? Why would you sacrifice yourself like this?"

Taeyang looked away.

"I'm sorry I can't tell you right now, Seungri. I've already made up my mind."

Seungri opened his mouth to protest 's decision, but Taeyang's mobile rang at that very moment. Excusing himself, Taeyang glanced at the number. It was an unknown caller calling from a private number.

"Hello?"

"Good evening, Taeyang-ssi," a raspy voice hissed on the other end.

Taeyang's body tensed upon recognising the voice.

"I have kept my promise and now I'm out of the group. What more do you want?"

Seungri's head shot up upon hearing 's words.

Did Youngbae hyung make a deal with someone??

"What I want? Didn't I tell you before, 'An eye for an eye'? I want your group to be destroyed. But you were too soft. Did you really think leaving the group is enough? No, Taeyang-ssi, it's not enough. And since I can't depend on you keep your promise and do a good job about it, I met up with your best friend, the one called G-Dragon. And as you know, a meeting with someone like me is always...rather eventful.... "

Taeyang flew into a rage.

"YOU BASTARD!! I TOLD YOU TO NEVER TOUCH HIM!! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO JIYONG??!!"

The voice laughed gleefully upon hearing Taeyang's harsh words.

"You want to know, Taeyang-ssi? You want? Ok, I'll tell you then...I told him EVERYTHING, but your friend refused to believe my truth. He kept saying that you will never betray him like this. Seriously, Taeyang-ssi, that friend of yours has so much faith in you...if only he knew what a miserable, selfish friend you really are, then maybe he wouldn't be so trusting anymore, right Taeyang-ssi? Anyway, I got bored trying to destroy his belief in you and so I did the next best thing. It's something that I have always wanted to do."

At this point, the voice gave a high-pitched giggle before continuing.

"I gave your precious friend a tiny peck of kiss as my parting gift. A kiss of death."

Taeyang felt the bile rise up to his gut. The voice was laughing and describing how he did it, but Taeyang wasn't listening.

"Jiyong...where is he right now...?" he whispered.

"HAHAHAHAHA!! Now now now, Taeyang-ssi....Do you seriously think I will tell you where your precious friend is? However, I will give you a tiny hint: Try your luck at the graveyard. Because that is where your friend is heading, sooner or later..."

The frustration and anger building inside him burst forth in an angry torrent of tears upon hearing the voice's taunts.

"If Jiyong dies, I swear by god, that I will hunt you down and kill you myself, you in bastard!!"

The voice laughed again, sounding pleased by Taeyang's threat.

"You know I will always be waiting for you to come, don't you, Taeyang-ssi? And so, till we meet again, my friend...."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seungri did not wait for Taeyang to end the phonecall to ask what happened. He had heard enough of the conversation from Taeyang's response to know that his beloved leader is in danger.

Quickly scrolling through his mobile, he found Daesung's number and dialed for him.

"Hyung! Where is Jiyong hyung right now? Is he safe? Is he with you?"

Seungri's heart grew cold with trepidation. Daesung was not replying him. Only loud sobs can be heard from the other line.

"Hyung...hyung, I need you to stop crying! Just tell me where Jiyong hyung is?!"

"Seung...Seungri ah....our hyung...Seungwon Ho...Hospital....come quick...." Daesung managed to splutter a few words in between his sobs.

The maknae ended the call without replying and grabbed Taeyang who was looking quite complete wreck from his guilt, shock and anguish.

"Quick, no time to be shocked right now, hyung. We need to go to the hospital now."

Taeyang pulled back his hand.

"I can't go, Seungri. I'm the one who caused Jiyong to be in this state!"

The youngest member did not even realise how or when he did it. The next thing he knew, his fist hurts from having punched his hyung in the face.

"Do you seriously think this is the time to be feeling guilty, Dong Youngbae??! Your best friend is at the hospital right now and he might DIE any moment now!!! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LET JIYONG HYUNG GO JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FEELING IN SORRY FOR YOURSELF??!!"

Seungri didn't wait for his hyung to reply. Instead, he simply pulled Taeyang's hand and half-dragged him to the road to hail a cab. When one eventually pulled up in front of them, Seungri glanced back at his hyung.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I have absolutely no idea what you did. But there is just no way I will let Jiyong hyung leave without seeing his bestfriend ever again."

Taeyang saw the tears spilling onto the maknae's cheeks as he said that before getting into the cab. Suddenly, he realised how stupid he had been even though the situation has turned dire.

To be worried of my own guilt even though my own friend is dying...To refuse to see him when it is truly my fault he ended up like this...is there no limit to my selfishness?

Following his youngest member into the cab, Taeyang let Seungri handle the details of getting them to the hospital. He simply pulled his hood further down so that the driver will not be able to recognise him.

As he stared at the traffic passing by, Taeyang suddenly thought of the message GD had sent him right before their supposed meeting. Taking out his mobile, he read it once again.

"Time, please stop, don't divide him and I...."

It was just one sentence that was meant to beg me to stay....but the fact that he chose a line from that song....

Taeyang found himself typing out a reply to GD's message even though he knows it will never be sent out.

...now that it is too late...

"In order to cure your loneliness, I am going to you now...."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

(A/N: So sorry I took so long to complete this chapter. Anyway, I'd love to hear your comments if you've read the story up till here and think that you like it pretty much. Thank you!)