The Note.

Warmth Under His Cold Heart.

"Stop it." He calmly said.

"What if I don't want to? What're you gon' do?"

Then, Taemin's fist went straight to Dave's face and he fell on the floor. His hands covered his face as he stood up and ran away. I was shocked at first, then I looked at Taemin. I never thought he would be that strong. And most importantly..

I never thought he'd do that.

"G-gomawo.." I said, looking down. I didn't get any response, then I looked up. He just looked at me blankly, and he walked away. Yes, just like that. His cold heart overpowering everything again. I just stood there, stunned at his contrasting actions.

I was in the midst of my thoughts when suddenly, Riyeon backhugged me.

"Soojin-ah! Guess what?" She asked happily.

"What" I replied unconsciously.

"I talked to Taemin today!!!" She jumped around, grabbing the chance to fangirl at an empty hall. "Well, actually. I talked to him. But he didn't say anything. But still!" She looked so happy.

"Yeah, yeah. I talked to him, too. Just a while ago." I replied, still unconscious of what I'm saying.

"You did?!?! What did he say?!?!" Riyeon was literally shaking me by my shoulders, waking me up from my wandering thoughts.

"Oh.. w-what?" I asked her.

"What did he say?!?!" Riyeon asked again.

"Said who?"

"Ughhh! Whatever Lee Soojin!" Then she stomped away. Heh. Silly.


"Taemin oppa~ Please accept this~" A girl with fuschia pink cheeks said as she came to me and handed me a box of chocolates. I just took it and didn't even look at her. I don't feel like it. And I don't care.

It's my 37th gift this day and I think all these things will just go to waste. I'm not really into receiving gifts, so I just leave them around the house and forget about them.

I kept on accepting gifts, until she came in.

The girl from before, the girl whom I saved from that Dave guy, the girl who always lectured me along the corridors for not helping the ones being bullied, the girl who has this best friend who has a huge crush on me, the girl who would steal glances every now and then in class, the girl whom I wasn't supposed to care about, the girl whom I wasn't even supposed to think about..

The girl who found the warmth under my cold heart..

Lee Soojin.

She walked in and sat on her seat which is at the very front. Of course, she was followed by her best friend. She told me her name before, but I couldn't remember. Ri-something. Or what.

So she sat down and fixed her posture, as usual, and looked back. I looked down, just in time for me to avoid getting caught. Yes, I always looked at her. Always. But I didn't do anything different. I still acted cold in front of her, hiding all the feelings I have for her. Plus, I didn't have the courage to tell her yet. Another plus! She might get killed by my fans one day. And I wouldn't want that. Of course not.

But when she was cornered by that Dave guy, I couldn't hold it in much longer. I may have watched him bully other kids and even got entertained by it, but not this time.. Not with my girl.

I couldn't contain it any longer, so I punched him really hard. On the face. Bull's eye. Heh.

But I managed to pull myself together and I didn't say a single word to Soojin. She was just staring at me and I walked away. No, I couldn't speak when I'm with her. I get tongue-tied, so I just turn around and start walking. That's the best way to avoid revealing my secrets.

I shrugged as I woke up from my deep-thinking, then I realized that I was staring at Soojin already. And guess what?

She's staring back.

For that split second, I looked down and I felt my cheeks turn hot. I put on my hood to hide my red face. Gosh, Taemin. What are you thinking?!

I looked up to see if she's still looking, and unfortunately, she still is. I quickly looked down again and pretended to write something on my notes. And unconsciously, I 'accidentally' wrote:

Soojinnie

Does she control me now? Is this what it's like to be in love? My heart's really uneasy right now. Us being at least five meters apart is not enough space for me to be able to calm it down.

There is only one solution. Just one.


"Taemin-ssi?" My eyes widened as Taemin approached me. He was looking down, trying hard to hide something.

"Soojin-ssi.." He softly said. It's not the first time that I heard his voice, but bells rang in my ears the moment I heard him speak. He cleared his throat before he spoke again.

"Y-you're welcome."

Uh.. for what? I'm confused. I'm welcome? What 'welcome'? And what made him say that to me? And a more intriguing question: What made him talk to me?

"You thanked me earlier.. So, yeah.." His soft voice sent chills through my spine as he whispered, then he turned around and went back to his seat. I looked around, and basically everyone was looking at me. Girls with furious eyes, guys with did-Taemin-just-speak-to-her look.

I probably won't make it out of this room alive.

I looked back at him and he's still looking down. I wonder what made him do it. I mean, he never approached anyone before. It's just something new.

"Why did he just do that?" Riyeon, who was stunned beside me, asked. I just shook my head.

"I don't really know.."

"Maybe he's interested in you! Ih, I hate you!" Then he turned her back on me.

"He's not!" I turned her around. "Just stop it. Forget about it. He's not interested."

I actually kept telling myself that's he's really not interested.. Not that I don't want him to be, but he's just that it's nearly impossible for that to happen..

And I don't want to hope for it.

Classes ended and I got out of our room. The students, especially females, are still looking at me. I wonder if he really does like me.. Oh gosh. Stop thinking about him! Geez. You don't like him, Soojin-ah. You don't! I went to my locker, I opened it and a note fell.

"Nice to meet you, Soojin."

No name is stated. What's this? A secret admirer note? I flipped the paper and saw it. I. Saw. It.

"It's me, Lee Taemin. You might not like me for being so dry and cold to you. Mianhe. You're actually nice."

I'd like to tell him he's really nice to, but I don't want to approach him and like him all of a sudden. And his gorgeous orange hair, his full lips, and his melting eyes aren't going to help.

Eotteohke?