Chapter 5

A Petty Dream of Mine

Almost 8 years later, I sat in the place that my father usually sits, massaging my pounding head. Everything were hectic on that day and I didn’t get a second of rest. 

 

My secretary came in barging. It seems urgent as she blabbered incoherent things that I can't understand. The migraine I was having didn’t help either. 

"A … meeting with an important client, Ma'am. We're late." She panted. 

 

I cursed under my breath and grabbed everything I needed and left my office, but not before firing my newly hired secretary. "One simple thing and even that she couldn’t do it properly." I sighed as the elevator was too slow for my liking. 

 

I called my personal driver and had him already ready to go in front of the hotel. I ran in a ridiculous speed in heels and sped into the car. 

"Fast, fast."  

 

I asked someone else about the meeting place and I felt relieved that the person replied in a blink. "To our hotel in Gangnam." The driver nodded before speeding off. 

 

Much to my dismay, we were stuck in traffic and I gripped onto my skirt tightly in frustration, my patience has its limit. "Goddammit, I'll call you to pick me up." I said hurriedly before stepping off the car and onto the sidewalks.  

 

I checked my wrist watch and I had more than half and hour to make it there but the meeting's in 10 minutes.  

 

I didn’t watch where I was going and tripped on my own two feet. The things that I was holding fell on the ground along with my phone. The gadget was broken into pieces and there goes my new phone, not even 5 months old and already smashed.  

 

I cursed under my breath and got on my knees to pick up everything.

I had no time, I have to hurry.  

 

A helping hand came to my view as they picked up the scattered papers on the ground. I stood up and dusted off my dirty hands to thank them.  

I looked up at him and my eyes rounded.  

 

"Baek … hyun?" 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was hectic and fun writing this fic and I couldn't do it without all of my wonderful, lovely readers. Thanks for subcribing and reading! Meet me at my next fic :) Go!Go!