Chapter 3

A Petty Dream of Mine

 

As I got off my car, I heard some of the students talking about Baekhyun and Minkyung and I'm pretty sure it had something to with the party last night. 

My heart felt heavy and unwilling as I pushed the school door open and found a crowd, circling around something--more like someone, but the things that hurt the most was it was more than one, and they were holding hand. 

 

Baekhyun put a hand over his mouth as he hollered the sentence that I dreaded the most in my life. 

 

"Minkyung and I are dating." And that was the only thing that made me feel numb. Minkyung saw me all alone and we made eye contact. I looked at her in disbelief before running out of the school. 

 

I didn't know what I was thinking running off like that but what I was sure of was that I need  to run. I felt as if I stand there any longer, I'll lose my fake self and go crazy on Minkyung.

 

I didn’t realize it was raining until I stopped running. I felt oxygen being forced out of my lungs as I pant heavily. At last, my legs gave out and I fell on the cold ground. The cold drops of raining were hitting my bare skin and it hurts. 

 

I've never felt so betrayed until that day happened. Until Minkyung and Baekhyun happened. To say that I have a crush on Baekhyun is an understatement and Minkyung knows that. Out of all people, she should know that the best. 

 

I didn't know how long I've been kneeling on the concrete ground, crying under the rain but after a few moments of sobbing and inward cursing, I made an effort to stand up and not attract any attention. My parents wouldn't like that very much. 

 

So I fished out my phone from somewhere in my bag and  called someone to pick me up as I wait in the cold. You'll see. 

 

 

As soon as I stepped inside the school, the hall became quiet and I could feel them fear the aura that I'm giving off and I liked it, that feeling of being feared. It makes me feel like I have a power.  

 

Being called an elite school, the school was pretty big for small amount of students and that just meant that words go around pretty fast. 

I could just know what they were saying in their head. 

 

"How bad she would feel when her crush is stolen by her own best friend." 

 

I don’t give a damn about putting up with the innocent image I've been acting all these while. All of it were thrown out of the window long after the incident happened. They should've treat the nice and polite Aerin better when she's around. Too bad, she's gone and forever will be gone. 

 

"You know better than to stand near me." I glared at the crowd in front of my locker. "Move." With that one words they scrambled off immediately and I smirked. I certainly love this. 

 

I closed the locket door shut and was met with the face that I hoped I would never see in my life ever again. She called out my name softly and I snickered. 

 

"Don’t talk to me, . You don’t even have the right to breath near me." I pushed her away and walked into the classroom with such arrogance that the crowds split when I walked through.  

 

I smiled to myself. I'm loving every second of this. 

 

 

No one even dared to talk to me and I don’t give a damn. I like it that way anyway. But someone just had to pop my bubble and strike up a conversation with me. 

 

And that person was the last person I would want to talk to.  

 

I divert my attention from my phone to his perfectly chiseled face. "What?" I could feel the eyes that were boring holes into my soul and I ignored them, like I always do. 

 

He sat closer and I leaned back, away from him. "Is there something that's bothering you?" He asked and I scoffed. I decided to ignore him, I didn’t even know why I even talked to him in the first place, anyway. 

 

He sighed when I didn’t make any move to talk and instead of leaving like I expect him too, he moved closer to which I glared at him for it. But he didn’t back off. 

 

"If there's something that's bothering you, you could tell me about it." Baekhyun said. I placed my phone on the table and leaned closer to him, making only inches apart from our faces. I would not back off on this.  "And I should do that because ... ?"

 

"Because you're Minkyung's friend, and Minkyung's friend is my friend." That's it. I lost all my patience that I had.I leaned in closer and I could see how he gulped as our lips were only mm apart now. He broke away from our little staring competition and gazed down at my lips. 

 

"Just because I like you doesn’t mean that I would love every single stupid thing that comes out of your pretty  mouth." I pushed his face away and stood up.  

 

As I left the room, I saw her waiting right outside. I snorted and crossed my arms. "Are you that desperate to even send him to talk to me?" I asked calmly but she knew that I'm anything but calm at the moment. 

 

"I'm sorry." She said but I looked away. "As if that would make everything better again." 

 

The students watched our every move and I walked away from everything, from everyone.  

 

That was the last time that they had ever seen Shin Aerin