Too Much "Fan" Service

The Worst in Goodbyes

The next morning, I quickly get up from bed and prepared the things I needed at so early in the morning. I ready myself and went down out stairs very slowly. Though my feet is heavily bandaged, it got better today. I wore the comfiest clothes I can wear: a long brown skirt and baby pink blouse. Dad spotted me coming down so he helped me. Mom must have known the trip from Dad that, to my surprise and delight, she prepared three dishes to go along. She’s more excited than I am, and she’s not even coming.

“Are you sure you’re going to be fine?” Dad asked as he and Mom helped me walk to the front yard.

“Yes, Dad, my foot had gone better,” I answered, assuring both of them.

As I was waiting on the bench I was sitting last night, I recalled the laughter the five of us shared. I laughed at the thought of the aegyo war between Leeteuk and Sungmin. Will they do that again today? I hope they do. It will be for my benefit. And Eunhyuk getting on Sungmin’s back, riding him like a horse. The only thing missing form that picture is Sungmin galloping on the yard. That will be the funniest thing. And calling Leeteuk “oppa” is…something. I may have to try it again to see his face clearly. Last night was just dark. I should see a better result, and see his face in strawberry or tomato color. 

7:45. There not here yet. I rummaged my bag to find a compact and checked how I look. I don’t want to look ridiculous in front of the boys, plus I have a bandaged foot. I looked fine. Thanks to my long eye lashes, I don’t have to apply mascara or eye liner. My cheeks just naturally blush. Maybe my cheek will light up when the aegyo wars start. My lips: full and pouty. All I have to do is smile my bestest smile and I’ll pass. My hair is very cooperative today.  It stayed the way it’s supposed to stay: swept on one side and tied neatly.

8:05. They’re still not here. I saw Dad spying me through he curtain, Mom alongside him. They both have worried smile on their faces.

8:13. Am I just too early? Am I just too excited? I guess so. Well, they’re just thirteen minutes late.

8:35. I gave up all hopes that they’ll come. With a sad smile, I picked up everything I was going to bring, supposed to bring, to the trip. I was a lot disappointed when Dad opened the door for me. He said, “Still no them?” with a worried smile on his face.

“Nope,” I replied.

He sat me down the couch. I guess because of disappointment, my wounded foot seemed to got heavier.

9:03. Have they forgotten me? Have they gone back to Seoul? Donghae could have called me, or texted me at least. Thought I’ve been really concerned and scared on why they didn’t show up, I still can’t get to call Donghae, confusion and annoyance mix in my thoughts. Have they met and accident? NO! They can’t be. Oh my, I stress myself too much. They’re fine. They just…just… I don’t know!

A honk of a car disturbed my thoughts. Dad, who was sitting beside me watching TV, quickly got up and looked through the curtain. He then looked at me…and smiled.

“It’s them,” he said, gesturing his finger towards the window.

“Really?” I doubtingly asked. 

Dad swept the curtain to show that a minivan stopped in from of our home. Four guys are beaming at my direction. Hmm, they saw me. I spotted Donghae waving his hands from the back seat of the van. I pouted my lips, and then pursed it in annoyance. I turned around to face the TV again. I pouted again and crossed my arms in my chest.

“Aren’t you going?” Dad said, noticing that I didn’t move from my spot.

“I’m not moving an inch from this couch.” I was annoyed. THEY ARE LATE!

“Then I’m going to talk to them.” Dad went out to, probably, talk to Donghae. It’s been a few minutes until he came back…with Donghae.

Donghae slowly bended his body down to see how I looked. I glared at him and then rolled my eyes away. At the corner of my eye, I saw Donghae’s sorry smile.

“I’m…so…sorry,” he said. “I thought I said…9 in…the…morning,” he said with caution.

I didn’t speak for at least another 5 minutes. I kept on avoiding his stares and kept on moving my head around. Mom and Dad were at the dining room. I swear they were giggling. THIS…is not amusing, well at least to me.

I finally looked at him, stared him with a deadly stare. He backed out a bit. I pushed the packed lunch to him, and my bag, and my other bag.

“Carry them to the car. Dad, can you help me to the car?” I said, looking at my father.

“I’ll help you,” Donghae insisted.

“You’re carrying my things.”

“Right,” he mumbled.

Donghae led the way while my Dad was helping me walk.

Sungmin opened the door of the minivan. He said, “Sorry about the brilliance of our Donghae. He still doesn’t quite know how to “tell” time.” He snickered and looked at Donghae.

I smiled and let the annoyance melt in his joke and his cute smile. He helped me sit on the seat beside him. I was squeeze between Donghae and Sungmin at the backseat while Leeteuk is at the passenger and Eunhyuk drives.

“All set?” Eunhyuk said, looking at the rearview mirror.

“YEAH!” the rest of us shouted.

“LET’S GO!”

Eunhyuk let the clutch too quickly causing the engine to die and gave the car a small jolt. The three others guys eyed him. I covered my mouth, preventing myself from laughing. But Sungmin saw me giggling, so he laughed himself too.

“Sorry about that…” Eunhyuk said, laughing at himself.

He started the engine and carefully this time, and we’re off to go.

“Are you comfortable? Sorry if the car’s too small,” Sungmin said after a while.

“Umm, actually….” MY FEET IS KILLING ME. My wound was stinging from discomfort.

Sungmin hold my feet. “Lay it on my lap.”

“Oh, no. I’m fine…”

“Your injury will get worse.”

Well, I really can’t help the pain. I let him pull my feet to his lap. He slowly laid it down on his lap. Now that’s comfy. As my back is facing Donghae, he immediately wrapped his left arm on my shoulder. I leaned to him for comfort.

I giggled.

“Why?” Sungmin asked.

“Why what?” I replied.

“Why are you chuckling at?”

“This is too much fan service I’M getting from SUPER JUNIOR,” I blurted out, and then laughed. The four of them laughed with me.

“Just don’t get TOO comfortable there,” Eunhyuk said eyes on the road.

“Are you jealous?” Donghae eyed him suspiciously.

“WHAT? NO!” he yelled.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked it.

Cheers to my new subscriber!

~Crina