Ecstatic Performance

The Worst in Goodbyes

I tag along Super Junior as they entered the studios where they will perform. The members were wearing matching white tuxedos. They were absolutely amazing up close. I can’t believe I’m shoulder to shoulder with Super Junior.

The members were preparing their microphones while I and Lisa were stuck at one side of the studio, standing with the production assistants. I can’t help but notice their vicious stares at the both of us. They’re absolutely furious at us. It was like; they only want Super Junior for themselves. Too bad for you people, I’m best friends with one of the members. Beat that!

The audience was amazing. They were chanting the names of their favorite idol group. But one part of the crowd caught my attention: a sea of sapphire blue balloons and lights. It was absolutely incredible. I saw some members were eyeing and smiling at their fans. They must be in bliss.

Someone tapped my shoulder and said, “Amazing, isn’t it?”

I look around and saw a smiling Sungmin.

I replied with a smile. Both I and Lisa were looking at him.

“Do you ladies want to know a secret?” he randomly asked.

I looked puzzled but then said, “Sure…”

Sungmin pointed at the sapphire blue sea at the audience and said, “That… is Leeteuk hyung’s ecstasy.” He laughed. Lisa and I followed.

“You guys must be really happy,having those fans love you, doing work that you love, having loads of fun,” Lisa said out of the blue.

“Well, we get our fair share of happiness out of all these. But sometimes we can’t help but sulk at faults. Well, that’s life.”

“Life will not be life if it’s too perfect. You need to broken down from time to time to realize were just people; we’re not perfect.”

Both Lisa and Sungmin looked at me in wonder. I replied with a shy smile.

Lisa hugged me and said, “Don’t you worry my dear, everything will be alright.” As she said this, I remember my meeting with Dr. Park. I don’t want to get my hopes up, but I’m hoping for the best. Lisa let go of out hug and gave an assuring smile.

“I’d love to hug you too but you’ll probably walk out of the studios with broken bones,” Sungmin said. Lisa and I looked at him, thinking ‘What the hell are you talking about?’ He then realized that we didn’t get what he meant so he pointed at the sapphire blue crowd. “You’ll end up in the hospital if they’ll see.”

Lisa, the bubbly girl that she is, threw her arms apart and faced Sungmin. “I don’t care,” she said. Sungmin hid his face in his hands and let out a shy giggle. He couldn’t contain his giddiness. Lisa spoke again. “I’m serious though.”

The chanting of “Super Junior” continues. Sungmin stood by me and waited for them to come up on stage. Donghae approached us after a few minutes.

“Sungmin, were on,” he said.

Sungmin smiled at us and made his way to the other members.

“Promise to cheer me on?” Donghae asked, staring at me and holding my arm.

I smiled and nodded. “Of course I will,” Donghae smiled, shouted “FIGHTING!” and ran to the other members.

Twelve gorgeous and talented men in white were on stage now. The MCs announced their name and the music started.

“Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry…

 

“And the winner this week is…SUPER JUNIOR! Super Junior, congratulations!” the MC announced.

The members were hugging and smiling on stage. The fans were squealing in glee. Leetuek and Kangin were thanking everyone they have to thank. Other artists on stage were congratulating Super Junior. Lisa and I were jumping in joy.

As the members went off the stage, I immediately congratulated them. Donghae spotted me and hugged me.

“That was…”

“Tiring?” I said, jokingly.

“Amazing!” Donghae, too, couldn’t contain his happiness. “Did you see the crowd? They were awesome, they were chanting my name. Everything is hyper!”

Sungmin and Ryeowook approached next. “Noona,” Ryeowook said, “were good, right?”

“You guys were great!” I replied.

All of them were sweating and catching their breaths, but it was all worth it. They fans went wild and their awesome performance is ecstatic.

 

Back at the dressing room, one by one the members changed into their casual clothing. I thought ‘If only they could wear those tux a bit longer’, because I thought they looked extra awesome in those tux. I waited outside the dressing room with the same production assistants, that were giving me the creeps and the vicious looks, and Lisa, whose smiling from ear to ear and was chattering away of the awesomeness that is Super Junior.

“I need to go to the girls’ room for a bit. Don’t want the guys to see me like this,” Lisa said, pertaining to her still great make up and primly worn dress.

“You’re fine. Besides, it’s me who needs the girls room. I look like a car-crash!” One of the production assistant laughed. Lisa threw an irritable look at her. Might be because of the stern way Lisa look at her or the P.A. is just intimidated, she looked away.

With a smile, Lisa ran to the girl room. Soon as she was out of sight, Sungmin and Eunhyuk come out of the dressing room. Great timing Lisa.

“Weren’t we handsome?” Eunhyuk bragged.

“Of course you were!” I said, giving them two thumbs up. The two gave each other high fives.

“Soojin-sshi…”Eunhyuk started.

“Um? What?”

“Who dance THE best?” Eunhyuk asked. “Honestly.”

“No bias!” Sungmin added.

Well, I really can’t decide. They all performed their soul on stage. I can’t pick just one. And biases? They must have thought I’ll pick Donghae.

“Honestly…I don’t know,” I said.

“Come on,” they said at the same time. They were eyeing me both. Eunhyuk was mouthing “Me, Pick me.” Sungmin was smiling really brightly and giving me puppy dog eyes.

I spotted Ryeowook , Kyuhyun and Donghae coming out of the dressing room. I immediately said…

“…Has to be Ryeowook.” Then I giggled.

“Ryeowook can’t dance!” Eunhyuk said, getting frustrated.

Ryeowook heard out conversation. “Hyung! I did well. Right, Soojin-noona?”

I can’t help but laugh. For some reason, Donghae, Kyuhyun and Sungmin laughed with me.

“Fine I give up. It’s Eunhyuk. They don’t call you Dancing Machine for no reason,” I said, finally giving up. I don’t want Eunhyuk’s frustration jump to another level.

Eunhyuk smirked. “Heard that?” he said, eyeing Donghae.

Lisa came back, jumping behind Sungmin and Kyuhyun. “What did I miss?” she said. Funny how fast Lisa got very comfortable in front of the boys. I couldn’t even look at them straight until Sungmin carried me to the sea and Leeteuk drenching me with salt water back in Mokpo.

“Let’s just go,” Donghae said, irritation is shown in his face. He took my arm and led the way. He purposely walked faster to make us a bit distant from the other members. He then grabbed me closes and whispered…

“…of course it’s me, right? I danced the best? Right? Soojin?” he asked. “Soojin-ah?” he repeated when I wasn’t answering.

MERONG!

I can’t contain myself from laughing.

“Hey you two! No secret conversations!” Eunhyuk yelled at us.

I let go of Donghae’s grip and walked even faster.

“Soojin-ah!” Donghae shouted before me. 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

Finally, I had time to write!

Sorry for the very long hiatus. And this is best i got... Sorry for the disappointment. T_T

Sorry for typos.

~Crina