Meeting New and Old Friends in SM

The Worst in Goodbyes

Donghae parked the car in front of a building; streetlamps lit the streets and the building’s façade. A cream colored building with four storey floors greeted us.

We entered the building and a different kind of delight warms my stomach and face. I’m stepping on SM Entertainment building’s ground!

My eyes can’t help but scan the whole of the lobby. My mouth hangs open at all the posters of different groups and singers that hang on the big and spacious lobby of SM. Donghae looked at me with a smile on his face; probably thinking I was stupid. Hey, I’m been in Mokpo for all my life!

A girl must be in her 20’s greeted Donghae. An ID hanged from her neck, running down to her stomach. She was wearing a red blouse and jeans.

“Good evening, Donghae-sshi!” she bowed.

We bowed in response.

“I’m sorry, but who is she?” the girl asked Donghae, pointing at me like I was some germ on the wall, but looked at me like I was an angel. She gave Donghae a smile.

You fancy him, don’t you? Who doesn’t?

“This is my friend, Soojin. She came from Mokpo to visit me,” Donghae replied.

“Ah…I see.”

Donghae grabbed my hand and dragged me to a the entrance of a hallway, when suddenly…

“Wait, Donghae-sshi!”

We stooped our pace and looked at the girl again. “What is it?” Donghae asked, a smile still hangs from his lips.

“She can’t enter the practice rooms.”

I released a breath in dismay. Does this mean I can’t see the other members?

Donghae released my hand. She went to the girl and talked to her in whispers. I eyed both of them suspiciously. Donghae was holding the girls arm and giving her little smiles, saying something that made her laugh giddily. So this is how Donghae flirt, huh?

After a while of talking, the girl gave Donghae an ID hanging written the words “Visitor’s Pass”. If there was such a thing as visitors pass, why did he have to flirt with her?

“You have…this?” I said as he handed me the ID, holding it up in the air and waving it in front of his face. “Why didn’t she just give me one?” I scrunched my nose in irritation, secretly throwing sharp glances at the girl, who is now busy sorting papers at the front desk.

“It’s our comeback the day after tomorrow. They decided that no one aside from company staff should go inside the practice rooms.”

“I see. Then…why should I be an exception? I can’t go in.” I handed the ID to Donghae. “This wouldn’t be fair to all your fans. I just go back to the hotel.”

“What? I did that flirting for nothing?” he whispered, showing me a shocked expression in his face.

“I can’t…”

 “Come on.”

“Sorry, but I’ll just wait for the comeback stage.”

“Soojin-ah…”

“SOOJIN-AH!”

A loud shout rang in the lobby, echoing in the whole room. Some staff that was standing not too far from us, jumped in alarm. I, too, seemed to jump out of my skin. Donghae turned around to see who the culprit was. I smiled at the sight of the guy walking to our direction.

Leeteuk bowed in embarrassment to all the staff he just skinned alive. When he reached us, he stood still and looked at me, showing me his deep, cute dimples.

“Aren’t…you going to say something?” Donghae cautiously said, looking at his leader, smiling.

I smiled at Leeteuk. “Hello…Leeteuk-oppa.”

He smiled even wider and hid his face in Donghae’s back. Donghae was pulling away from his embrace as I laughed silently at his immatureness.

“Hyung…stop…it!” Donghae kept on saying, wriggling away from Leeteuk’s hard grip.

Leeteuk emerged from Donghae’s back, resting his chin on Donghae’s shoulder. “Call me ‘oppa’ one more time.”

“Yah!” Donghae exclaimed.

This time, the staffs, standing or sitting around the lobby, were eyeing at us, getting amused. In behalf of these two idiots in front of me, I bowed in embarrassment. Leeteuk finally let go of Donghae and stood beside him, facing me.

“Why are you guys standing here?” Leeteuk asked both of us.

“Why should you shout?” I asked Leeteuk.

“Why don’t you want to go inside?” Donghae asked me.

“Why don’t you?” Leeteuk asked me.

“Why should I?” I asked the both of them. “I’m not allowed anyway.”

“I have this,” Donghae said as he waved the ID the same way I did a while ago.

“Yeah, you have that,” Leeteuk said, pointing his finger at the ID and bobbing his head from left to right, pouting his lips along.

I restrained from laughing. The scene got even worse when the two of them danced in front of me, either bobbing their head, stepping from left to right, doing some Indian dance steps, shaking their butts or doing all of them at the same time. I blurted out laughing, so did the staffs around the lobby.

The scene got EVEN WORSE when three more Super Junior emerged from the hallway we were supposed to enter. Shindong, Yesung and Eunhyuk joined the frantic performance of the two lunatic in front of me. My stomach started to hurt from so much laughter I almost lost my balance. I laughed hard, making me tear up in joy.

“What are we doing?” Eunhyuk asked all of a sudden, still dancing crazily, making me laugh even harder.

They slowly stopped from dancing (if you call it dancing). We all huffed and puffed from lost of breath. As I wiped the tears from my eyes, I finally can clearly see the other members in front of me. Shindong, Yesung and Eunhyuk greeted me with sweet smiles.

“Aren’t you the girl from before?” Yesung asked.

“Yes, from the video chat,” I nodded. “I’m Soojin.”

“Why are you guys here? Why don’t you go inside?” Eunhyuk asked, Looking at his leader and Donghae.

“She doesn’t want to go.” Donghae looked at me, his eyes pleading me to say yes.

“No,” I simply said when Donghae batted his eyes cutely.

“But why?” Shindong asked. “By the way, I’m Shindong. It’s out first meeting, right?” he said, extending a hand. I shook it and gave a smile.

“I’m not allowed.”

“Eh? But some fans sneaked in a while ago…” Eunhyuk started, tilting his head to the side.

“How? I thought it was a closed practice.” I was looking at Leeteuk now, since he’s the leader.

“I don’t know either. But since there’re some fans there, why don’t you just go with us.” Leeteuk smiled and grabbed my hand, walking to the hallway.

We entered an elevator and Yesung pushed the button bearing ‘3’ in it.

“You really came,” Eunhyuk said, who’s standing beside me.

“You don’t know how HE nagged me over the week!” I pointed at Donghae, standing opposite me.

“It works, doesn’t it?” he said, bobbing his brows up and down, having a wickedly annoying smile on his face.

The elevator door opened with a soft ‘DING’, showing us another hallway where doors are shut close. Eunhyuk went out first and lead the way. After a few steps, he opened a door to our right. Several heads turned their attention around to see who came. I immediately spotted Sungmin, holding a guitar and strumming it quietly. The guy beside him, sitting on the floor, was Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, looking at him very attentively, as if Sungmin was a teacher and the two kids are his class. No too far from them, sitting in folding chairs, looked like a bunch of an elite group. Siwon, Heechul, Hankyung and Kibum sat across each other, drinking some soda. Kangin was sitting on a corner, playing with a game console. Some girls are sitting on one side of the studio, holding either a towel or a bottle of water. Opposite to them are, undoubtedly, the fans, four of them to be exact. They were sheepishly observing the Super Junior members actions. I immediately recognize one of the girls.

“Is that Lisa?” I said under my breath.

Donghae, who’s standing beside me, said, “What?”He, too, look at the direction I was looking at. “That must be the fans.

“I…know one of them.”

“Really?” said Donghae, wide eyed.

Again, Leeteuk grabbed my hand from nowhere and dragged me to his other member’s direction. “Look who came to visit!” he exclaimed.

All of the other member’s attention turned to their leader. They smile when they saw me. Some stood up, some remained to their seat.

“Soojin, you came!” Sungmin greeted.

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun bowed and exchanged smiles with me.

“You look pretty in person,” Siwon complimented.

“Thank…you,” I blushed in awkwardness.

“She’s your noona,” Donghae butted in.

“Hello, I’m Hankyung,” Hankyung greeted, extending a hand.

“You’re too old for her!” Donghae butted in again.

“What’s with you?” I whispered in his ear.

“Nothing. This is really interesting.”

“Please sit here,” Siwon offered, pointing to a seat near the wall.

“Ummm…thank you.”

As I sat, they too sat on stools or the floor beside me. I was surrounded by angels!

“Aren’t you going to practice?” I asked.

“We’re just hanging out tonight,” Eunhyuk answered. “Besides, I’m the ONLY one who’s practicing.”

Piercing glazes were sent to Eunhyuk. He can’t dodge, he can’t move. Poor monkey. Sungmin, Donghae and Shindong abruptly smacked Eunhyuk’s arms and legs.

“What brought you here?” Heechul asked, looking at me as if he’s bored.

“I came to cheer you guys…and visit Seoul.”

“That’s it?” Heechul asked again.

“Yes.” I hesitated answering. I can’t tell them ‘I’m going to the hospital tomorrow for a full body check up’, can I? DOnghae will go OC over protective again.

This feels awkward. All of them, except for Kanging, Kibum and Heechul, are looking at me. Please do something else apart from watching me catch my breath, smile, blink, stare or whatever.

“Is this awkward to you?” Sungmin asked.

“Honestly…yes.”

At my last word, they diverted their stares to somewhere else, bearing awkward smiles.

 

Almost all the members of Super Junior went out of the room to go to some other room. They were called by their manager to arrange their schedules for tomorrow. Sungmin, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun remained in the room, so does the other girls and the fans.

I looked at Lisa. She was smiling at me but the other three girls throw me glares like I was some kind of bacteria. Lisa was mouthing “You know them?”I nodded.

“What are your plans for tomorrow?” Sungmin asked, sitting on the floor, resting his guitar on his lap.

“I’m not telling you,” I simply said.

Sungmin frowned. “Why?”

“Just because…”

“Ah…why?” his natural aegyo coming out. I’ll melt if you don’t stop with the pouting!

“Seriously, how old are you? I thought you’re older than me,” I smiled.

He narrowed his eyes and his lips. “Do you like this then?” he asked.

I just died.

“That’s…” I was lost for words.

Lisa and the girls beside her were laughing giddily, savoring the manliness that wasn’t meant for them.

“What is it?” he his lips again.

“…disgusting.” I acted like I was throwing up, but laughed after. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook laughed with me.

“Hyung, stop that,” Ryeowook pleaded.

“…and I don’t even barf even when I drink,” Kyuhyun said.

“Sungmin-oppa, that’s so greasy!” one of the girls opposite us shouted.

It was Sunny of Girls’ Generation. How stupid of me to not recognize them at once. I was too busy being dragged and stared at by these guys beside me that I didn’t even recognize Girl’s Generation.

Sunny, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Yuri and Hyoyeon sat opposite us at the other end of the room, laughing at Sungmin.

“Oh my…” I started.

“You didn’t know they were there?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I was too busy with 13 boys, I…”

The girls approached us and greeted. “Hello, we’re Girl’s Generation,” they greeted as if they were in a variety show.

“Then we are Super Juni-or!” Sungmin, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook chorused.

We all laughed.

“I’m Han Soojin. I’m Donghae’s friend from Mokpo. Nice to meet all of you.”

A guy stepped into the room. “Girl’s Generation, follow me.”

“We’ll see you again,” Taeyeon smiled and bowed. “Hopefully we’ll have more time to know each other, unnie.”

“Nice meeting you,” said the other girls and bowed to me. They followed the guy and out of the room.

“They’re so pretty,” I said, still looking at the door.

“You’ll fit in perfectly with them, then,” Sungmin said.

“Eh…ish…” I didn’t know what to say.

I looked at Lisa. She’s still smiling at me.

Ryewook noticed that I was looking at them. “Do you know them, noona?”

“I know one of them.”

“Why don’t we sit next to them? There’s no harm with that right?” Sungmin suggested.

We walked Lisa’s direction. The other girls beside her seem to be not breathing in total excitement. Lisa was looking at me directly, not bothering about the Super Junior members walking towards her spot.

“Hi Lisa. Nice seeing you again,” I greeted, sitting on the floor beside her.

“Hello, nice meeting you again.”

“How did you two met?” Sungmin asked, looking at me and Lisa.

“Remember when you went to the train station to pick me up, she’s the fan,” I pointed to Lisa.

“So they were the welcoming committee. Nice to meet you, my name is Lisa,” she greeted.

The other three girls were busy taking out papers and pens from their bags and handing it over to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

“Nice to meet you.” Sungmin showed his shy smile in front of Lisa. I told you she’s gorgeous.

I looked at Lisa and asked, “How did you get in here? They told me it was a closed set.”

She looked at me too. “You’re here too, aren’t you?”

“Donghae dragged me.”

“I pleaded Super Junior’s manager for these three,” she said, pointing her finger to their direction, who’s busy dreaming in front of Kyuhyun. “He’s a friend of mine.”

“I see.”

Lisa and I talked like we know each other for a very long time. We talked very comfortably with each other. I was absolutely fascinated how this American or English looking girl can speak very fluent Korean. I swear she can speak with a Busan accent, I don’t know why.

Sungmin just kept on staring at us. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are busy chatting with the other fans. They exchanged laughter from time to time.

“Are you busy tomorrow?” she asked.

“Umm…why?”

“I’m bored. Let’s go shopping tomorrow. We’ll go around Seoul,” she excitedly said.

“Really?” I asked, wide eyed. “Sure!”

“Can I come?” Sungmin asked. “I don’t have a sched tomorrow.”

Lisa and I looked at each other. How can we go around the city if we are probably will be trampled by tons and tons of Elfs.

Sungmin smiled. “I’m just kidding. It’s probably girl time anyway.”

 

The other members came back from the meeting. Donghae immediately looked for me in the room. He spotted me sitting beside Lisa.

“Who’s she?” he asked.

“This is my new friend, Lisa,” I introduced.

“Please to meet you, I’m Lisa.” She extended a hand and shook Donghae’s hand.

“Let’s go, I’ll take you back to the hotel.”

Donghae helped me stood up, same with Lisa.

“Wait for me in the car, I’ll be right down.” Donghae walked over to his manager and talked to him.

Lisa, her friends and I went down the elevator first.

“I’ll call you tomorrow then,” Lisa said.

“Okay.”

“See you.”

 

I was standing outside the building, beside Donghae’s blue car. Minutes later, he came down along with s.

“Let’s go.” He unlocked the car and opened the driver’s door.

“She’s a nice girl, Lisa.”

“She does look like one,” Donghae said.

“She’s gorgeous too.”

“You too,” Donghae added.

I fastened my seatbelt and Donghae took the highway.

“What are you doing tomorrow? We have practice again.”

‘I’m going out with Lisa.”

“Where?” he asked.

“Mall.”

“And?”

“Nothing else.”

I lied.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

This chapter is too LONG!

Sorry if there are typos and if it's too boring. I cant handle too many characters at one place. It's getting harder for me. Notice how i always get loads of characters out of the way? Haha.

Thanks to all my readers!

~Crina