The Fun Ride

The Worst in Goodbyes

“Are you jealous?” Donghae eyed Eunhyuk suspiciously.

“WHAT? NO!” he yelled.

“Don’t worry Monkey, I’m faithful to you…”

I laughed even more. My eyes are watering in tears of joy. My stomach is hurting of so much laughter. Sungmin touched my toes and for some reason, that helped me slowly stop from dying of laughter. But the smile on my face was stuck. I looked at Sungmin and he returned a smile. His eyes smiled along.

I looked at our driver. “So…Eunhae is still on, huh?” I asked him, amused.

“You read fanfic?!” he asked, wide eyed.

Leeteuk looked at me, seem to be interested. Sungmin, too, diverted his sight from outside to me.

“Well, sometimes…” I said, smiling.

“Yah, Soojin, don’t read them. It’ll spoil your appetite,” Donghae lectured.

“Actually, it helped me boost my appetite. I can eat two ramyun at one go!” Leeteuk interrupted. And the rest of us laughed again, causing my stomach to hurt again.

I eyed Leeteuk next. “So, oppa, who’s your love team? Your partner?” I noticed his face lighting up when I said ‘oppa’ and dimmed out when I said ‘love team’.

“Oh…Kangin,” he mumbled.

This is very entertaining. Leeteuk’s face looks like a red tomato. Sungmin, Donghae and Eunhyuk was crazily laughing. I laughed with them though I didn’t know what the reason was.

I whispered to Donghae, “What’s sooo funny?” still laughing.

“There was this time that Kangin-hyung was reading a fanfic about the two of them,” he replied, making everyone in the car hear.

“Yah, Donghae!” Leeteuk said, red-faced, looking at him with piercing gaze.

But Donghae kept on talking. “Leeteuk-hyung was in the living room with other members. And then Kangin-hyung came out of nowhere saying ‘Leeteuk-ah, I read a fanfic’ in his ty, disgusting voice.” Donghae kept on laughing, caught his breath and continued. “Kangin-hyung was ‘rubbing’ every inch of Leeteuk-hyung, his lips along. It was disgusting. It’s good you didn’t see it, but it’s so funny! Leeteuk-hyung hyung almost cried.”

“I never cried!” Leeteuk yelled at Donghae. He tried to smack Donghae but because I was beside him, he decided to quit.

Sungmin and Eunhyuk kept on laughing might be upon remembering that specific time. Donghae also kept on laughing. I can feel him breathing out heavily when he stopped.

Laugh it all off, guys. Laugh all the stress out. You deserve this vacation.

As we continue the ride, they constantly thought of things that happened to their group. Happy times, sad time, whatever time that meant so much to them, or of no significance. Leeteuk kept on glancing at our side when he starts his stories. That dimple of him never left his face. Eunhyuk, though his eyes on the road, made me giggle at his cold jokes and hysterically laugh at good ones. Sungmin didn’t bring down his aegyo armor and made me flush at his cuteness. There may be times that the rest of the guys might have ‘vomited’ along that way, I didn’t care. The aegyo is for my benefit. Donghae would laugh along with me, his arm still slung around my shoulders and making me comfortable.

“Are we there yet?” Sungmin asked in his cute voice.

“Urgh! Quit it annoying rabbit, it doesn’t work for me,” Eunhyuk replied, annoyed to bits.

I saw Sungmin smiled evilly. He tapped my leg. I looked at his and he pointed to Eunhyuk with his lips. I mouthed, “What?” He kept on pouting on Eunhyuk’s back, seems to be pointing something out. Donghae might have seen Sungmin and whispered something to my ear.

“You ask him if we’re almost there. Make it cute.”

Okay, I’m such a fool. Now, I get it.

“Are we there yet, Eunhyukkie-oppa?” I said in my cutest voice, a pout on my lips followed.

Eunhyuk gave a short, shy laugh followed by a huge, wide grin. I saw Eunhyuk’s ears flushed red! Leeteuk was laughing at him crazily, followed by Sungmin and Donghae. Leeteuk quickly get a camera from somewhere and took a picture of Eunhyuk’s red hot face. Seriously, don’t these boys get enough ‘oppa’ from their fans?

“Soojin-ah, you did well!” Leeteuk said, smiling and giving me the thumbs up.

“Eunhyuk, you are so immature,” Sungmin managed to say in between laughs, wiping away tears of joy from his eyes.

“I’m going to post that picture in the office and make everyone laugh their guts out,” Donghae said, laughing like crazy.

 

After a few more minutes, we didn’t notice that we arrived at our destination, safe and sound. That was a fun ride.

It was a wide, streaming river. The place was so peaceful. At one side, some boats are docked on one place; others are roaming around the fish infested river, catching fish for a living. Some elderly are waiting for the late morning catch, fanning their faces for a cooler breeze from their big paper fans. But the place was so cool enough, cold breeze coming from the nearby mountains and forest gave a refreshing feeling.

Eunhyuk parked the car a bit far from the river side. As the car stopped, Sungmin slowly put my feet down with care and quickly ran to the back of the car and open the door, pulling out something I didn’t see. Donghae took the liberty of carrying me out of the minivan. Leeteuk helped Donghae carry me out. Eunhyuk took my bags form the backseat. Sungmin, then, came with a folding chair, unfolded it and placed it beside the minivan. Donghae placed me gently on the chair. Now that I thought of it, I am so much of a burden to them.     

“Guys…thanks,” was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

“For a minute there, I thought you would apologize. Its good you didn’t,” Leeteuk said with a smile on his face as he talked to me.

“Don’t worry Soojin, we’ll be your ‘support’ today,” said Sungmin, flexing his arm. I laugh at the sight. Actually, Sungmin look quite skinny, but not as skinny as Donghae. Compared to Sungmin, who’s probably a bamboo, Donghae’s a stick. Well, sometimes, miraculously, sticks can have muscles.

As the guys took each bag from the back of the minivan, I looked over them happily, but a slight unhappiness stings me. Why should I be sitting here like a princess and making these princes in front of me do all the work? I should be helping them out, not sitting my here in comfort. Why did I drag myself along with them, when I know that with my condition, things won’t work? Stupid foot! Stupid wound! Stupid circumstances! I can’t help but put a frown on my, a while ago, happy face.

I saw Eunhyuk looking at me that made me swiftly change my mood from grumpy to cheerful.

He bent down and whispered to my ear, “Sad faces are not acceptable. I’ll throw you in the water if you do.”

“I think you better not. Donghae will definitely throw you after me. But too bad for you, I have a rescuer,” I whispered back, painting a slight smile on my face.

I backed away, saying “Harsh…” as he walked away. He turned around, facing me and spoke, “Soojin, don’t call me ‘oppa’ again. After all, we’re almost the same age. I’ll throw myself in the water if you do.” He bowed down.

“Now that will be an interesting sight,” Donghae said, coming from behind me. He bent down and whispered, “When I tap your shoulder later, call him ‘oppa’, okay?”

I smacked him on his arm. I smiled. He followed. As we smiled at each other, I thought for a second my heart skipped a beat. I quickly backed away and released a huge breath, still wearing a smile.

“Let’s go, love birds.” Leeteuk, watch your back later; I might push you in the water. Love birds? Seriously?

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm.... Late update.

Thanks to all readers, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

~Crina