Lollipop Shop Episode 1: My Normal Life before Trouble Begins (^_^)

Lollipop Shop

During this episode, Kim Eun Kyo is introduced at her father’s Lollipop Shop, in Gangnam District, Seoul, she is only stopping to visit her dad on her way to school, she says hi to her father, [KEK: “This is my fathers, father, fathers Lollipop Shop, before it was his, I must be the luckiest girl in the world to have a lollipop shop all to my self! Ahahaha, although I don’t want to inherit it, my dad wishes me too one day”] she collects some treats and then hurriedly runs to school because she might be late! [KEK: Hopefully I’m not late or I’ll get scolded by teacher for sure!”]

Indeed she is late and is scolded by her teacher, “seon-saeng-nim” and is laughed upon by her classmates, her friends embarrassedly tells her to sit next to them.The third scene we see Kim Eun Kyo at Parks Arts School eating her Kim-chi with her friends; Sunny and Hyori. They are seemingly happy and seem to be living a normal school life.

Baek Tae Goo is introduced, just arriving at Seoul-Incheon Airport; from a flight from Paris, France, he rides his Mercedes sports car to the most expensive hotel suite in Seoul, where he will be staying.

Sunny and Hyori decides to take Kim Eun Kyo to go shopping after school; after the school bell rings, although Kim Eun Kyo doesn’t want to, the two grab Kim Eun Kyo and drags her to the bus stop to go shopping at Lotte Mart. The friends enjoy their time at the shops, eating and buying a lot of clothes. They decided that it’s been a long time since they watched a movie together; they choose to watch “My Girl” starring Song Hye Kyo. When the girl from “My Girl” dies due to her illness, Kim Eun Kyo gets a call from her mother, telling her, “Kim Eun Kyo, your father is ill in hospital, and doesn’t have much time left, come quick”, frantically, Kim Eun Kyo runs to the hospital and sees her father lying on the hospital bed all tired and ill, she immediately bursts into tears and goes by his side. Her father tells her “you have to remember to look after your mother and the lollipop shop, ok? And be a good girl, I am always proud of you, you and your mum are the most important things in my life, I will always love you”. Kim Eun Kyo: “Don’t go Appa, we need you, our family needs you, the shop needs you, we love you”, at this point her father looks both at her mum and her and close his eyes and passes away [Hospital Monitor: “beep, beep, beep”] KEK: “NOOOO! Appa, Appa, you can’t die, what are we going to do without you!” Mum: “Sijip! Sijip! Otekay!” [They both cry loudly]. The light fades into total darkness.

Both KEK and her mum are seen kneeling down at her father’s funeral, people come in to pay their respects; KEK and her mother are crying and grieving their loss. 4 ruthless gangsters come in and told KEK and her mother [Baek Tae Goo, hears about the news and comes into the funeral, only to hear on the outside when the gangsters start to talk to KEK]; Gangsters: “Did you know your father was a gambling addict?” [Shows Contract with Dad’s signature] KEK: “Wait, what? No! This can’t be true”, Gangsters: “He owes us $2 Million won, since he is not here anymore, you, his oldest child is now the beneficiary and have to pay back the debt. (“Hmpth”) Since I have some heart, I give you 3 months to pay us back, or else we will take your precious shop and house”. The gangsters walk out, bumping a few people on the way, including Baek Tae Goo; hearing this news KEK and her mother bursts into more tears, not knowing what their future will end up like, not knowing how to pay back the 2 million won debt. At this point Baek Tae Goo jumps in to help, leaving Kim Eun Kyo and her mother surprised; BTG: “Sungmo don’t worry, I can help you pay the debt, everything will be OK”,KEK: “No, I don’t want to be a burden, I will get the money and pay them, even if I have to work to the bone.” Mum: “Kim Eun Kyo-ah, listen to me, we have no choice, we will loose everything”KEK: “No I will do whatever it takes” [Mum seems convinced, but still worried and crying] BTG: “Then at least let me take you both home”, Mum: “Kamsahamnida, Baek Tae Goo, you are truly a good person”, KEK: “I will stay, mum you go home first”, BTG: “You haven’t changed at all Kyo, ever since I moved to Paris”, KEK: “Well you should have stayed there!” ~[ENDS!]~

 

Read Episodes 2 & more on andy-tee's tumblr... ^^
http://andy-tee.tumblr.com/