Chapter 3

Lie to Me: Quiet to Silent

           The plane ride was long and boring but at times Bae Hee would look out the window and take pictures on the camera she had tooken from one of the Ignorak mates. It was actually a present from one of the gaurds who had been traded a camera for his apple. Which she found strange. Bae Hee closed her eyes anxious her heart not ready. Thoughts ran in her mind as she was now able to see Korea. She recongnized it because of all her studying. Bae Hee understood the one about learning Korean and all that but the special training? Why would she need to learn how to fight when she is only getting locked up again in the Ignorak. She closed her eyes as the plane silently landed on the ground. Suddenly though a loud thud was heard. Alarmed she quickly jumped up. Her old master was now running towards her. "Hurry and Run! Run as fast as you can into town! If they see you-just go! GO!" he yelled. Bae Hee nodded and listened. She grabbed her stuff and ran. She wasn't just running, no she was sprinting. She looked behind her and saw her master was being cuffed.
               
Bae Hee was scared, her bag hung on her shoulder as she took off her shoes and carried them running away. She couldn't see the town anywhere. Planes were in the way. Bae Hee had no choice but to run inside the woods. Bae Hee winced at the twigs clinging to her feet but still ran. She was surprised at how short it was and soon came into a town. She looked behind her seeing two goons chase around. She smirked her heart beating fast as she ran to the streets. Cars screeched as she ran across the light. When she finally came into a alley she paused her heart pounding against her chest. She dropped to the floor heaving out long breathes. Her purple flower dress was now crinkled and ripped to her thighs. Her chest moved up and down, her hair was a mess so she tied it up and stood up. She needed water, it was already almost dark and it was freezing. Time passed by quickly,as she roamed around Seoul looking for the Ignorak. She wa careful though, she checked each corner as she passed and made sure she was not running into the goons.
                 '
Crackle' Bae Hee lit a fire as she knew she would have to stay out in Seoul until her master found her. She curled up scared, taking out her camera she made sure she didn't drop anything. Bae Hee shivered in the cold as she wrapped her blanket around her. She heard foot steps, she stayed silent not even breathing. Getting up she sprinted behind the trash can.  She peeked quietly not knowing why her refelexes were taking over. It was the guys in black. She sensed it, she still made no noise. They were getting closer and she needed to get away quickly. But she knew it was to late. They were now digging in her bag.
                  "
Crud." she said under her breathe. Because she was close she was able to make out what they were saying.
                 "She's here." Bae Hee cursed under her breathe. "Hey did you hear something?" one of the guys asked. She looked back seeing the other one shook his head. Her heart was now on the edge of bursting. Bae Hee needed her stuff or she wouldn't survive. Bae Hee pondered on what to do for a moment and made a silent sigh.  She stood up needing to know why they were trying to catch her. She knows nothing of the matter she believed.  She stood still a part from her with her legs spread apart just in case she needed to pounce and attack,
                  They stood there for awhile her heart pounded now more gently. They were going to attack she knew it. "Why are you following me!" she said in a demanding voice. They only smirked, they weren;t gonna tell her so she had to do something. As they both ran towards her Bae Hee's natural reflex was to run but she stood put. She couldn't tell if she was stricken with fear or not. Hey eyes trailed back to them, she ave a glare before running towards them also. 'What are you doing Bae Hee!' she yelled to hersself as she stunned herself when she dropkicked the man. She stood eyes wide open as her arms punched the other one hard. They fell to the ground at her light touches. "Now tell me! Why are you following me?" They got back up, "Not giving up now?"  Bae Hee was about to attack until she heard another foot step. Looking back she saw the guys were now bowing down. She was confused. "Now who are you?"
                
The man smiled, "Calm down Bae Hee Lee." Bae Hee stepped back only to be grabbed. "Yah!" she yelled. Korean came naturally now. Their strong arms grasped her tightly making her yelp in pain. "Let me go and we can talk." she said defiantly. The man in front pointed telling them to let go. They released her, her arms felt numb and stiff as they fell to her sides. "Tell me who you are first."
                 He only smiled, "I'll only tell you if you come to the Ignorak with us." Bae Hee knew she had no choice and nodded. She walked away with him into the car. "Oh Wait!" she yelled getting out of the car. She grabbed her bags and camera and went back in.  They were not so crowded in the tuck and he sat in front of her his black hair and plump lips were in a grim smile making her feel uneasy. "Please, if your my new master shouldn't I learn your name first?" he made a small grin before nodding.
                "
Just call me Master." he said bluntly. Bae Hee raised her eyebrows and nodded. 'He's going to be a jerk.' Her eyes shifted  around and she felt hungry, yet thirsty. She had been running around all day since morning. She thought of why her old master had to be taken away, why was she even sent here. These things rang through her head as the awkward ride into the town started to deepen. She felt eyes on her but she only stared down afraid to look up.
              "
Bae Hee." She immediatley looked up. "Yes Master?" she said loudly and firm. "Are you hungry. It seems you haven't aten since you got here." she didn't know how to respond but nodded. She was hungry and she didn't want to hide it. He gave her a gentle smile, "Okay when we go i'll show you to your room and give you something to eat. But." Bae Hee smiled at first but then frowned.
               "But what?" she asked scared of the answer.
               "
Your going to have to do something for me. Don't worry it's not that bad. In fact it'll be great help to the Ignorak." Bae Hee didn't say anything. In fact she didn't even know what it was but she just nodded. They were only being nice for now, she could tell.  "Good." Master said as they pulled to a dark gloomy area. It was really dark out once again and she hated it. He led her silently down the hall. Light shone from the dim bulbs and the mettalic flooring was cold on her feet. He looked at her with another frim facial expression. Each time he did that it made her wonder if he was nice or totally a butthole. She was expressionless already hating it. He led her to a room down the hall, "One of my servants will bring you some food, It's instant noodles. But it still is delicous. I will come back in a few hours. get some rest and unpack then we will talk and I will answer your answers." he smiled leaving her inside the room. Bae Hee looked around first, the first thing she did though was put her bag on the square shaped bed. The covers were plain gray and the blanket was only a tan peach color. It seemed big and fluffy though.
             
Bae Hee then made her way to the warm fire. Winter was kicking in and she was freezing cold. When she heard a knock she wondered why these people were so confusing. So mannered at times yet horrble. "Come in." she said gently having to repeat herself because she was so tired. The female finally came in with a death glare. "I was told to give you different clothes. What kind of worthless slave are you that the master gives you extra clothes." Bae Hee only glared back. The female came closer throwing the clothes on the floor. "Hurry up and change into the uniform, I'll come back with the noodles in a few minutes." she left slamming the door leaving Bae Hee feeling mad.
                 
"Oh god!" she said loudly her voice echoing in the room. She sat silently on her bed as she looked at the clothes. "Just like prison." she muttered grabbing the clothes. She quietly ped her dress letting it fall to the floor. She shivered as the cold hit her skin making it prickly with goosebumps. She grabbed the jumpsuit putting in one leg at a time. "How dreadful." she said as she ran her fingers on the suit making it smooth. Another knock came through and Bae Hee picked up her clothes stuffing it back in her bag. The female came back with a tray and layed it on a round table. "Here's your food. In a half hour I'm comming to pick it up." with another slam and mutter the room was silent again. She realized the lady had a water with it also. Bae Hee sat on the cold floor, wiggling her feet as she grabbed the chop sticks and put the on the table. She never ate noodles with chopsticks or forks but only the spoon. She first tasted the warm soup base and smiled. "Mm." she said before devouring the bowl.
               
She let out a long sigh of relief after she finished. It was only 9 now and she had to unpack. Crawling to her bag she dragged it down and opened it. Folding them all first and putting them into categories she silently placed them under her bed.  All she could do was look at the pictures she had tooken on the old camera. Taking a pen she wrote on the back of the date next to Alex's signature and smiled. "You better come!" she muttered before hiding it under her pillow. Bae Hee roamed around the fire warming herself up. When she heard the door creak open in the night she still looked down.
               
"I came for the bowl and tray. Your master is comming so be prepared alright. Gosh I wonder why they chose such a girl." she muttered. She was worse then Ms.WickleBerry! Bae Hee stood up and glared. The female scoffed, "What's with the face? Not liking what I'm saying." She said gitting ready to hit her. Bae Hee flinched grabbing her arm. "Just leave.Me.ALONE!"
                 She could tell the female was shocked as she tried to move away. "What do you think your doing! You slave!" she yelled loudly. Bae Hee let go only to be slapped. She held her face and looked at her. "Know your place! Or i'll tell the mast-"
                 "Tell him what?" master said loudly hanging one arm on the door. He walked closely making the female drop to the floor.
                 "Oh master! She has provoked me and I-" master stopped her and glared at Bae Hee.
                 "What? I didn't do anything she's lieing! She was about to hit me!" Bae Hee yelled panicked but he only shook his head.
                  "I cannot allow such behavior Bae Hee. You are already on punishment. No free time for a week and only one meal a day now." Bae Hee stood silent, "But I-"
                   "Haven't you heard him slave!" the master hushed her making her fall silent. "You are just as fault Ms.Choi. If a slave resist you do not hit them!"
                  "Yea!" Bae Hee yelled still mad she looked at master with a glare. "Why am I punished?"
                   "That's because you do not grab onto a mistress or master that is above you. You merely are a slave and you must do what we say and not say anything or protest. That means no talking back!" he boomed. Bae Hee was almost on a verge of tears.
                  She only looked away, she truly hated him now. "Whatever..." she mumbled. They left as Ms.Choi looked back satisfied. Bae Hee threw the tray at the door and watched it drop. 'Crack!' she mumbled things under her breathe. She wanted to go back to America. "Alex." she said sobbing into her hands.  "Why. I hate it here!" she screamed her screams only comming back with the echo. She sat on her bed crying into her knee. She closed her eyes her eyes were damp and heavy. She slowly drifted into a deep sleep.
                  Bae Hee was awoken by a rough push and she quickly opened her eyes. It was Ms.Choi."What?!" Ms.Choi yelled before backing away. "Hurry and get ready your having classes." she said throwing some more stuff on Bae Hee's floor. "Oh and hurry up and clean this room up! Your the slave." she said with a sinister laugh. She walked out of the door with a slam.
 "Classes?" she said before groaning and getting up. "For what?" she was bored and cold. The fire didn't help at all. She looked on the table to see only another pair of the clothes she was wearing. "I'm pretty sure Ms.Choi didn't bring these." Bae Hee quickly put them on as she made a deep sigh. Suddenly a ring set through her ears and a announcement came on.
 "Hello everyone, this is your mistress Akni." Bae Hee paused. "What the-Madam Akni!" she yelled loudly still paused. "This is the morning bell, I want everyone to be dressed in five minutes. If not you will be severly punished. That is all." Bae Hee heard the click and panicked. "Five minute! The hell. I don't even know where to go." Bae Hee sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. When she heard a knock she wss prepared to see Ms.Choi. Though instead a different man came in. I bowed thinking he was a one of Ignoraks Masters. Though why would he be here?
 Bae Hee bowed showing respect, "Anyeonghaseyo." she said politely. The man was still silent, he was holding a bag and had a hat that covered his face. He wore green cargos and actually looked like a outsider. "Chogio." She said trying to get a closer look. He stopped her.
  "Don't come close." he ordered. Bae Hee nodded scared she didn't know what to do."Um, who are you?" The man said nothing, Bae Hee put herself in postion.
   "Calm down Bae Hee." he took off his hat showing his rough chin and brown hair. "Master?" she asked confused.