☠=O1=☠

Lie to Me: Quiet to Silent

=O1=
============================================================
                In the dull light Bae Hee strained herself pushing her feet off the cold rough marbled ground. Bae Hee felt the sharp chipped glass marble cling tightly on the bottom of her foot each time she pushed against the rigid flooring, she held tightly onto the large heavy silver chain that clung around her goot and arms. With one final push she was now able to bring the chain out of the wall releasing her. It allowed her to roam around, the only reason she was on a chain was because it was punishment. Bae Hee had been talking about the Ignorak. The Ignorak is like prison, well Bae Hee didn't know exactly what was the Ignorak. Bae Hee sat next to the warmth of the fireplace that flickered in rythm with the sound of clattering footesteps. The fireplace lighted the cold,damp, dark empty room. The fire flickered and danced fiercely around the wooden logs. Bae Hee could feel the pain in her feet kicking in.
                 Bae Hee shut her eyes tightly before tugging on the glass pieces in her foot. She had to muffle her screams or she would be caught. Blood trickled on her foot like a waterfall. Suddenly everything went silent. Bae Hee also stopped when the noise stopped. She could tell something bad was going on. The Ignorak was never this quiet unless there was a master or mistress inside the dorm rooms. Footseps once again began. Bae Hee's heart beat face as she pulled the glasses out again hiding them in a tin can she was able to feel at the corner. She was in panic, crawling on her knees she laid on the floor covering herself with a blanket. Bae Hee's eyes trailed to the windowpane that was circled shape. It was a full moon and the moon filled the hole making it seem as if the moon was on her wall. She traced the shape with her fingers before wincing when she heard a loud thud, Something had fallen, the crash was close which made Bae Hee feel even more panicked. She shut her eyes preparing for what to come. Her heart felt heavy as she started to slowly look back. She had a tingly feeling someone was in her room. The pitch black darkness made it hard to see but Bae Hee could still see the shadowy figure topple carelessly, yet quietly near her. She stayed quiet pondering if she could get up and run or stay. If she ran and he was a killer she would have been saved. If he wasn't, then she would probably be punished for running out of her room.
                "Hey." Bae Hee flinched when he called her. She said nothing though. "Are you awake?" she rolled her eyes and sighed 'Of course I am? Why else am I not answering?' Bae Hee had no idea who it was but she still wanted him or her, no him. The voice was deep and graspy with a slight pitch but actually quite nice. It was a voice she hadn't heard in twenty-two years. That's right twenty-two years. That's how long she has been in hell, no it was worse than hell. The door slammed shut making a loud thud once again. Bae Hee gasped in surprise. "So your awake." Bae Hee couldn't see but she looked back, the light from the fire or moonlight didn't help a lot etiher. The man was getting closer and closer until he stopped.
                "Master? Did I do something wrong." Bae Hee said slowly because when she was younger and being trained by that man she was always told to speak a bit slow and clearly when speaking. She felt a rough hand grab her arm to pull her up making her flinch. "I'M SORRY!" she quickly yelled out, instead she was pushed against a wall with a hand on . "Sh..." the man said as light foot steps roamed the halls. The clicking of the heels were nerve racking.  Bae Hee could feel his breath slither on her neck making her annoyed. 'You don't need to be so close.' she thought before slightly repostioning herself.  The footseps faded away quietly making the man step back.
                "Don't worry it's not master." the man said in a loud whisper. That only made Bae Hee step back more away. "Who are you then? Why have you come. If the gaurds catch you here then you will be sent to the prison!" she said in a yelling whisper. "Stop worrying about it, and come with me." Bae Hee only shook her head, "I'm not taking any chances of going anywhere. In fact you just came in my room with no warning scaring me half to death." The man sighed annoyed before he looked away then back. "Will you calm down? The master has ordered me to come and get you." Bae Hee felt nervous but if he was correct she would be getting them both in trouble. Even if he was lieing and wanted to hurt her in anyway she would use her fighting skills in case.
                "Where are we going?" Bae Hee felt the puddle of blood near her feet and whimpered in pain as she put pressure on her foot when she stood up.
                "Sh." the man once again said before impatiently pacing around the room. "Geez it's so cold in here. Just come with me. I already told you master has told me to get you. So were going to his office." Bae Hee knew she had no choice. Swiftly she roamed away quietly grabbing a large black bag and hanging it on her shoulder. She straightened her white gown that glowed lightly in the room and stood straight.  They walked out the door on their tippy toes. "We have to go secretly."  Bae Hee felt even more worried. Questions were filling in her head ' Why do we have to go secretly? Mostly if master has ordered it.  Why is it me who is called in?' she thought for a moment before comming back to reality. Was the master feeling like he had to many slaves and needed to kill one? "May I ask why I was called in?"
                 He shook his head before looking back. "I honestly don't know why he called you in either. Though, I heard Madam Akni needed some test subjects." he grinned lightly when he saw the worry in Bae Hee's eyes.
"Experiments?" she asked but only looked down when he nodded. Her body felt damp and heavy like clothes after being washed, but not dried.  Bae Hee's face started to match the color of her clothes. A ghostly color. Bae Hee shivered in the cold as her feet dragged along the rigid flooring. The pain in her feet were gone again and she smiled but it was a crooked one.
                  She made a long sigh, though it was dark she was able to see her own breath. It must've been 40 degrees in here. They soon came upon a hallway. There was a large wooden door standing tall and like a giant at the end of the hall. A purple orangish light brimmed under the door from the thing crack under. It made Ignorak seem even more haunted.
                  "Good luck, if you make it out I'm Alex Winston." he made a small grin before knocking on the wooden door roughly. "I have brung Jung Bae Hee here like you have ordered master."
                  "Come in." said a large graspy voice  Bae Hee flinched at the voice that coiled in her stomach making butterflies. Alex waved her a good bye as he slowly disappeared. Bae Hee silently opened the door before stepping into the room. She bowed politely making him chuckle. Smoke filled the room making Bae Hee cough. It was messy. Books were stacked carelessly on a large wooden book case and papers piled against his desk.  Crumpled wrappers surrounded the small tin trash can, this said a lot to Bae Hee. She has never once stepped inside his room. Of course the only people hwo did never came back . We were always told to never speak of the people who has gone in, it would mean we were next. Bae Hee was sure now her life was on the edge. She was going to fall off.  The place outsiders called 'heaven' was hell to Bae Hee. 'I am going to have to leave a life I've never had.'
                 "No need to be frightened . I only have a message from Mistress Akni for you." Master Tranil finally had spoken. He made a small grim smile before grasping his rouch hairy chin.
                  Bae Hee felt even more confused now. "What is it?" she said before lightly leaning on her heels making the blood rush quickly to her foot.
                  "I am only to tell you that in a few months you will be sent to the Ignorak in South Korea. You have been assigned to a new master." He quietly made a worried frown. "It disstresses me to know I will have to let one of my slaves go." he smiled and pushed hisself up beforegrabbing a large book off his desk. He handed the book to Bae Hee and grinned, "Mistress Akni wanted me to give this to you.:
                 Bae Hee grabbed the book feeling the Hangeul characters. "Sir I, I mean master. I do not know Korean."
                    "I know, but they want you to learn it before you go. As your current master I advise that if you want to get out of America and go to your hometown this is your oppurtunity." Bae Hee was surprised but nodded silently. " I will still have to think about it." she said her neck becoming stiffer as she choked on her words.
                   Her master grinned, he knew she wanted to go. "Adding." he said slowly, "If you accept this your life in Ignorak will be different." that stopped Bae Hee in her trackes. "H...How?" she looked at him, he held a even wider grin. In fact a toothy one.
                  "Well let me see. Because you have to learn a whole new language I'm sure they'll assign you a room with some light. And a bed. In fact they already did. I suppose I should say-"
                 "I have no choice right?" He chuckled and nodded. "Exactly." Bae Hee nodded, though I can get a room like others wouldn't it be only for a few months. Then I would have to go back living in a dark damp room again. Korea's Ignorak may be worse than  this Ignorak. For a odd reason Bae Hee felt confident, her heart started to beat lightly as she calmed down. It seemed as if the master knew she was going to agree, "Very well then you may go."
                  Bae Hee nodded but stopped, "If I can ask. Why had Madam Akni chosen me?"
                  "Truthfully I don't know either. Maybe she'll tell you one day." One day, that word struck Bae Hee in the heart, It mean she was forever having to stay loyal to the Ignorak. "You should hurry off, Alex Winston we'll show you to the room." Bae Hee was surprised. He said he didn't know. She bowed slightly leaving out the door quietly closing it. She was only to be faced near Alex.
                 "So you made it out." he softly chuckled.
                  "You lied to me. You said you didn't know." Bae Hee didn't look at him. "I hate liars."
                  Alex shook his head, "I really don't know. Maybe somethings."
                  "Like what?" Bae Hee said finally looking at him.
                  "That's classified." he said with a satisfied smirk. Bae Hee grunted before stomping off with her bare feet. "Hey I have to lead the way you know."
                  She looked back and sighed stopping. "Hurry it up then. I don't want the ones awake and alert to get scared." Alex laughed catching up to her. As they moved she placed her hand on the brick walls. "One day..." she said quietly to hersself. Alex looked at her and frowned. "Hey what's wrong?" she scoffed and sighed. "Everything probably." she said making Alex laugh again. "It seems as though. Though I feel like were still the lucky ones."
                  She looked at him curiously, "And how exaclty?" as they turned Bae Hee took note of the way but she was still listening. "I mean if the real world is that bad and people want to come to the Ignorak then, can you imagine how horrible it may be to be out there?" I nodded but I felt different.  "It's probably better then being in a dark room." she said making Alex look at her. "I guess. I mean the others had regular rooms. I wonder why you had to stay in that cage all the time. It must be rough." I nodded. I could see a door, "Is that it?" I asked before running towards it. He nodded and Bae Hee opened the door with a bright smile. She was surely surprised.  There was a bright blue bed on the right corner of the room and a desk next to it. She was guessing that was where she had to study. The room was filed with striped black and white wall paper as the floor was with wood. A fire place stood on the left part the fire burning. Bae Hee was surprised at the warmth inside. Her feet were now soft and warm again as the heated floor made her smile. Looking around a soft smile appeared on her face. She stood next to the desk placing the book gently on the wooden surface. "Wah!" she said her Korean coming out. "Daebak!" she giggled lightly knowing why the others didn't seem as fumed when they got here. Though she knew that the school was hard and also the training.
                   "I can see you like it." Alex said laying on her bed. She nodded her white dressing flowing as she ran across the room like in the movies where the lovers ran to hug each other. Of course though she was doing it with hersself. "Oh whats that?" she said pointing to another door. She opened it disappointed to see a tin can. "Oh. The bathroom." it made Alex laugh. "Ignorak isn't that luxirious."  Bae Hee made a smile again before sitting hersself down on the chair. She layed her head on the desks surface. Relaxing her muscles she opened the book. It came naturally, she knew every single thing it said. "That's weird. I thought I didn't know Korean. Hm maybe..." she shook her head leaving the thought she went back to the book. Hey eyes averted and she was already able to speak Korean. She knew she had to learn of the history and many other things about Korea. Alex made a small warm smile before standing up. "I have to go now. I'll see you tomorrow. Don't stay up to late." Bae Hee looked back and smiled waving him a goodbye. She watched him leave out the door and went right back again. She was able to complete the language part but some of the grammar was hard for her. She struggled remembering the history of the Choseon era but stood focused. She could feel her knowledge grow more. For once in the Ignorak she felt alive. She wasn't groaning in a dark room talking about hell. Her eyes started to feel heavy as she knew it was time for her to sleep. She stood up and book marked the book by folding it. Blowing out the candle she walked silently to her bed and closed her eyes heading to dream land. She felt as if she had made a good choice.

============================================================