Neccesary

|[Perilous | M i s s | Pretty ]|

Jonghyun skidded to a stop infront of the door of ____'s room.  He bent over, hands on knees, panting to catch his breath.  A hesitant hand came up to knock three times against the heavy wood. While waiting, he slowly straightened, his breathing pattern returning to normal. 

The door opened and a maid poked her head out, blinking at him expectantly.

"I need to see _... Princess ___ ' Jonghyun corrected himself.  The maid looked back behind her before scurrying into the room.  Not long afterwards, ____ stepped into the hall way.

Jonghyun's breath caught at the sight of her.  She was beautiful even without the extravagant dresses and face full of make up.  She wore no jewelry, just a long silken robe that ended at her ankles and a curious smile. "Yes?"

Jonghyun floundered now that he was in front of her, his thoughts temporarily clouding over. "Uhh.' He cleared his throat and struggled to compose himself. "Are you engaged?'

A strained smile graced her face and she nodded once. "I am."

"You don't seem happy.' Jonghyun noted, his fingers itching to reach out and the tight expression off of her beautiful face.

"I'll do what I have to for my country." ____ tightened her robe, looking off to the side. 

Jonghyun frowned, studying her face. "That's no way to live."

"On the contrary." ____ said sharply. "That's the only way to live."

Jonghyun bit his lip and did the only thing he could: nodded "I see.  I'll leave you to get your rest then.  Good night Princess."

He backed away after _____ bid him good night, watching her return back into her bedroom before turning to continue down the hallway.  His mind worked over time, calculating, plotting and planning.  If she wasn't happy about it and would only go through with it because she had to, the only answer was simple.

He'd just have to make it so she didn't have to.

____

A.N:

Thank you very much for the comment!