Love Sick Puppy

|[Perilous | M i s s | Pretty ]|

"Idiot!" Jonghyun's sister screeched, startling him awake from his nap.  He flailed in panic and landed on the cold, hard floor with an audible thud.

"Ow!" He yelped as his sister aimed a kick at his shin, pulling his leg in to him. "What was that for!?"

"Imbecile!" She fumed, her hands the scratchy linen of her maid uniform. "They were gossiping about you making eyes at the princess again!"

Jonghyun heaved himself back onto his small cot, nursing his sore backside and leg. "I was keeping watch! I'm her guard, I have to look at ____ some time, you know?"

"It's Princess ____!" His sister hissed. "And surveillance doesn't include watching her for extended periods of time and sighing dreamily like some... some love sick puppy!"

The young guard waved her off, stretching out across his bed once more as his sister continued.

"Really! Do you understand that a relationship with the princess wouldn't be legal!? That you're smitten with another man's fiance'!?"

"It's not like it's official yet." Jonghyun said nonchalantly.

His sister snorted. "Obviously you haven't seen the huge ring on her finger?"

"What?!" Jonghyun hopped out of the bed. "They've already made it official?" He scrambled to get out of the room, darting to find the princess and see for himself.