007 ☆ I Did It For Love

Dreams Come True || A Collection

007  I Did It For Love


Characters: Jung Jinyoung (B1A4)
Summary: When your in love with someone, all the things you do for them is for and out of love. Even if your not the one who is getting their love. This is a contest entry for the Illusions of Perfection writing contest.
Date: June 18, 2012
Poster:  ---

Type/Genre: One-shot, Angst
Word Count: 2,510


"Her hair looks so soft and healthy. I just want to run my fingers through her long black curls. Her body has such a perfect hourglass figure that is second to no one. And that sweet scent of hers; no words can describe how it soothes me." The boy, named Jung Jinyoung, blabbered on and on about the girl he is currently crushing on.

Her name was Kim Hanuel, one of the most popular girls at their school. She was like an angel sent from heaven, which is how Jinyoung states her as. Hanuel had it all, the looks, the popularity, the money, and the brains. She was the complete package and it was no wonder the boy has fallen for her.

A girl beside Jinyoung groaned as he described her. That girl was Nam Sori, Jinyoung's best friend. The two were best friends since childhood, despite their gender. There wasn't a rule stating that a boy and a girl can't be best friends.

Every day, Sori had to listen to Jinyoung talk about Hanuel. He would always say the same things over and over again each day, and it bothered her immensely. It was like she was being stabbed in the chest over and over again, the more he complimented Hanuel and talked about her. Though the two were best friends, Jinyoung has never once noticed Sori's pained expression whenever he talked about Hanuel. It was like he was oblivious to her pain; oblivious to her feelings. 

Most of the time in love stories, if a boy and girl were best friends, the two would eventually develop feelings for one another and fall in love. That was the case with Jinyoung and Sori. There case was unrequited love, or one-sided love. Sori has feelings for Jinyoung, but is too shy to tell. And she knows what'll happen if she ever confessed.

Sori would be rejected. What was the use of confessing to someone, who you know that has feelings for someone else? Why should she try if she already knew what the answer was going to be? There was nothing you could do about unrequited love. You could try and get them to like you back, but it is almost impossible when they already have their eyes on someone else.

"Sori, are you even listening to me?" Jinyoung asked her, as he finally noticed that she wasn't paying any attention towards him.

Oh, now you notice, she thought. She then beamed a smile at him, that was obviously faked. "Yes, I am."

Jinyoung noticed this, but didn't pry onto the matter. "Okay, well anyway..." His voice trailed off, as someone walked passed them. That someone immediately caught Jinyoung's attention and it was none other than Hanuel.

Her hair was down as it ended in curls. She had on light make-up, although she didn't need any. Hanuel was already pretty, with or without it. Jinyoung inhaled an intake of his breath as his jaw hung slightly. He watched as she made her way to a group of girls, which he assumed who were her friends.

"She's gorgeous..." muttered Jinyoung, not taking his eyes off of her.

Sori didn't respond, but stared silently at the love-struck Jinyoung. She was going to lie; she was jealous. Jealous of how easily Hanuel could catch her best friends attention, where she would always have to yell loudly to get his. She could catch anyone's attention, just by walking past them. The whole school liked her, even the teachers. Sori couldn't help but like her as well, she was a likeable person.

Sori's attention soon then turned to Hanuel and all she could do was stare at her in envy. She had everything girls dreamed of, but one thing that Sori has always dreamed of. To capture the heart of Jinyoung. How could she capture someone else's heart when it was already captured by someone else? There was no way she could steal it back.

 

 

It was the day after yesterday, both Sori and Jinyoung were eating lunch together. They sat at their usual spot, which was outside near a tree that provided them shade from the sun. The lunch for today was a sandwich, provided with a beverage of their choice. Sori seemed to be the only one eating, as Jinyoung was to busy staring at the table across from them. His full attention on the girl of his dreams, Hanuel.

Jinyoung sighed, while staring at her with a dreamy expression. "I wish she feels the same way for me, as I do for her."

Sori set down her half-eaten sandwich on her tray. She sighed in irritation, watching Jinyoung stare at Hanuel. "Jinyoung," Sori called for her best friends attention.

Jinyoung gazed at Hanuel for a few more seconds, before turning his attention to Sori. "Hm?" He grabbed his untouched sandwich and began to eat it. Most of his lunch period was gone, as he had been staring at Hanuel at the beginning of lunch for quite a long time.

"What do you like about Hanuel? What's so special about her?" Sori asked him bitterly, but curious nonetheless. She must be crazy for asking such questions. It was like she was intentionally trying to hurt herself.

Jinyoung paused for a moment, his sandwich an inch away from his mouth. "There isn't any special reason why. There's just something about her that draws me in to her, you know?"

Sori shook her head, confused by his poor explanation. "No, I don't know. But is that it? That's the only reason why you like her, because she has something that draws you into her?"

"Well, she is pretty and kind. Plus, she's very smart. She's perfect." explained Jiyoung as the dreamy expression came back as he thought of her.

Then what about me? She wanted to ask, but chose not too. "I see..." She replied quietly, suddenly not feeling hungry anymore. By the mere thought of Hanuel, it was able to make her lose her appetite.

"Why do you ask?" Jinyoung asked her, taking another bite from his sandwich. Due to his big bites, the sandwich was almost gone.

Sori bit her lip, hesitant to answer him. She contemplated with herself on how to answer him. With a sigh, she looked at Hanuel for a short moment and then back at Jinyoung. I must be crazy for doing this, she thought to herself. Sori, who had her sandwich in her hand, dug her fingernails into it, almost crushing it. She answered with a shaky sigh, "I want to help you get together with Hanuel." As soon as those words came out of , she immediately regretted what she had just said. Tears began to fill up in the corner of her eyes and she prayed to herself, hoping that Jinyoung wouldn't notice.

Jinyoung's eyes widened, "Really?!" Due to his happiness that Sori was going to help him, he didn't notice her tears.

Sori forced a smile on her face, before nodding. She stood up from her seat, her tray in her hands. "I guarantee that you two will get together by the end of this day. I'm sure she will like you back." What's not to like? Sori then her heels and went to dump her tray, ready to leave. She didn't want to wait for Jinyoung, like she would usually do. She was too upset and didn't want to face him, let alone for him to see her tears.

"I'm done eating, but I need to go the bathroom. Meet me after school at the gyms storage room." With that being said, she gave Jinyoung one last look before taking her leave. She didn't even let him reply back to her.

When Sori looked him in the eyes, he finally noticed the tears in her eyes. Alarmed, he rose up from his seat. "Sori- AH!" He was tackled from behind by an unknown figure. Jinyoung almost fell, but managed to keep his balance.

Th unknown figure locked Jinyoung in a headlock. "Guess who?" The voice asked him in a high-pitched, yet teasing voice.

"Baro, I know it's you." said Jinyoung as he shoved the younger boy off him, but carefully enough not to hurt him.

Baro's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "How did you know it was me?"

"Who else would it be?" replied Jinyoung, letting out a laugh. Baro didn't come alone, as he was with the other guys named Sanduel, CNU, and Gongchan. They all laughed, besides Jinyoung. He let out a forced chuckle, but in the back of his mind, he was worrying about Sori. Why was she crying? He asked himself, wanting to know the answer.

Sori watched them from afar, watching them all laugh and joke around with each other. She felt a pang in her chance, watching Jinyoung laugh with them. He noticed her tears, she knew. But yet, he didn't follow her. "Now I know where I stand."

 

 

Hanuel walked around the school, making her way near the gyms storage room. She had gotten a letter slipped into her locker, telling her to meet them there. By the way the letter sounded, she had assumed that it was a love letter. Hanuel had gotten many of them before and would always show up to the spot where they tell her to go. Although she would show up, Hanuel would always reject them. Why go out with someone you don't have feelings for? If she did, it would only be giving them false hope.

Besides, she had feelings for someone else. Hanuel smiled at the memory of a boy that wa sitting behind her table today. He was with a girl, but she didn't know who that girl was. I wonder if they are dating, She thought to herself as she hoped that they weren't.

When she arrived at the storage room, the door was already opened. She peaked her head in too see who was in there and was surprised to see who it was before her. Before she could even react, she was shoved inside from behind. Hanuel squealed as she felt herself being pushed inside and collided with another body as she fell forward, causing the other figure to fall backwards. Hanuel didn't get hurt, as the other figure broke her fall.

Sori then shut the door and locked it. She didn't want to look at them, it would only bring her pain if she did so.

Her plan had come to an end. The two were locked inside the storage room alone. If she knew Jinyoung well enough, which she did, he would confess to her in there. The only reason why he didn't confess sooner was because Hanuel was always surrounded by people. She was never alone. He wanted to confess to her face to face, alone. But was to cowardly to write her a letter to meet him somewhere and so Sori did the honors to do so.

Sori looked back at the storage room one last time, before making her way back into the school building. She still had one more duty to fulfill.

 

 

Sori stopped at the front of Jinyoung's locker, a letter in her hand. A hand written letter written by herself that consisted of all her feelings and frustrations for him. The note read:

 

Dear Jinyoung,

I'm sure by my handwriting, you are able to tell who is writing this. At least, I hope you do. 

My plan went great, right? If you haven't figured it out right now, I was the one who pushed Hanuel into the storage room. I'll spare you the details on how I did it, but be grateful that I did. By the time you are reading this, I am sure you and Hanuel are finally together. After so many years of staring at her, your dream has finally come true! To be with her.

Although it pains me to say this, you two look great together. You both make a lovely couple.

I'm positive that you confessed to her and I'm positive that she said yes. Why wouldn't she? Your a wonderful guy, Jinyoung. A real gentleman, if you ask me. Who wouldn't say yes? It's you.

You know, we call each other best friends, but are we really? If we were, wouldn't you notice my feelings for you? Probably not, since you have always been oblivious to things such as this.

I like you, Jinyoung. No, I love you. I love you so much that I got you together with Hanuel, only because I knew it would make you happy. Even if it hurts me, I did it. I did it all for love. Are you happy? I bet you are, you've been wanting to be with Hanuel since the beginning of high school. Congratulations, it came true. 

We had spent almost all of our lives together, but now that time has to come to an end. Call me selfish for saying this, but I think that our friendship should come to an end. I just can't bare to see you and Hanuel together and hear you talk about her in front of me. It hurts to see the one you love smiling because of another girl. Yes, I'm jealous. Yes, I'm being selfish. Yes, I'm being inconsiderate. But this is how I feel.

By the time you read this letter, you and I are strangers. We were never childhood friends. We were never best friends. We were never even friends. I'm just a girl who goes to your school and your just a guy who goes to my school. I'm sorry that things are ending this way and you have every right to be mad at me for making this decision on my on. Please respect my decision, Jinyoung. I wish you and Hanuel the best. Let out memories disappear and create new memories with Hanuel. This is goodbye, Jinyoung.

Sincerely,
A stranger
 

 

Without any hesitation, Sori slipped the letter into his locker. Tears fell freely as she did so. Her phone vibrated from her back pocket and she knew who it was from and what it already said. While wiping away her tears, Hanuel fished out her phone from her pocket. It was a text message from Jinyoung. Sori pressed the button to read it and she felt a pang in her heart as she read the message.

 

To: Sori
From: Jinyoung
She said yes! ^^

To: Jinyoung
From: Sori
Keys are under the basketball racks. Congratulations! I knew she would.

 

Sori typed a quickly reply, also telling him where the keys were. She hit send, while biting her lips to prevent herself from crying, but failed. Sori let out a strangled sob, clutching onto her fight like it was her dear life. Her phone vibrated again, but she didn't answer it. She didn't have the courage to do so. As much as she wanted to regret her decision, she didn't. She shouldn't regret a decision she made, when at that time it was exactly what she wanted.


FlyingHigh Speaking:

Thanks for reading! Feel free to subscribe and comments are always welcomed!