002: Maknae at Heart

Dreams Come True || A Collection

002  Maknae at Heart


Characters: Lee Sungjong (INFINITE)
Summary: Despite him growing more mature, Sungjong was still a maknae at heart.
Date: April 18, 2012
Poster: Thanks to Clueless Dream for the cute poster!

Type/Genre: One-shot, Comedy
Word Count: 1871


Lee Sungjong flipped his hair to the side, since it was becoming a bother to his eyes. His auburn hair kept on getting in his way, as he danced along with the rest of the INFINITE members. Although it kept on getting in his way, he didn't let it bother him. Instead, he continued to dance, without missing a beat. His hair wasn't a big deal, he could still manage to dance perfectly in sync along with the other members.

The song soon came to an end, with them ending perfectly in sync, like always. All INFINITE members were perfectionists, especially the leader, Kim Sunggyu. Whenever they practiced or performed live, they always tried their very best to be and stay in sync. Staying in sync did get them remembered by many. Many would comment on how they were so in sync, and that when they made there debut, they didn't seem like rookies at all. 

"Sungjong, you should really cut your hair. I can see you struggling with it from the corner of my eyes." said the choding of the group, Lee Sungyeol. He stared at Sungjong's auburn hair, twirling it around his giner.

Nam Woohyun, the aegyo 'king' of the group smirked at Sungyeol. "Look who's talking. Your hair is even longer than his." Which was true, as Sungyeol's hair almost reached his shoulders.

"Our maknae is growing up." Sunggyu said, changing the topic from Sungyeol's hair, back to Sungjong. "He's becoming more of a man." Sungjong gave him a confused look, not knowing what his hyung was saying. He still thought that he was the same.

Lee Howon, also known as Hoya, nodded in agreement. "And more mature." Hoya noticed that his face his looks were different than before. He could not only do the cute image, but also a mature image.

"Have you noticed that he hasn't done any girl group dances in awhile?" Kim Myungsoo, also known as L, asked them. The others nodded in agreement. L silently chuckled, remembering Sungjong dancing to many girl group songs in the past. It was always funny to him, whenever he watched  Sungjong dance to those songs. He was mostly the only one in the group who did so. 

Jang Dongwoo laughed his signature laugh. His front teeth showing, and his eyes almost disappearing. "I know right!" Sungjong stayed silent as he listened to his hyungs talk about how he has changed. Now that he has though about it, what they are saying is true. It's been awhile since he has danced or practiced a dance from a girl group.

"He sure has changed..." muttered Sunggyu, as he thought about how Sungjong used to be in the past. Which was about a year ago, and that wasn't too long ago. Although, a year was still a long time, so change is bound to happen for either of them.

Sungjong tilted his head to the side. "Isn't change good?"

"Oh look, he's acting cute." pointed out Woohyun. Then he muttered under his breath, "But I'm still cuter..."

Sunggyu nodded, "Change is good, though some changes can be bad."

"Is my change good or bad?" asked a curious Sungjong. He himself has noticed that he was becoming different. It began in the beginning of 2012, he was assuming. As he remembered that he was still doing girl dances and whining a lot last year. Although he changed, Sungjong didn't really mind it at all. He was now becoming more mature, and there was nothing bad about being mature. Sungjong may even be even more mature than Sungyeol, as Sungyeol was still pulling pranks on all the members.

Dongwoo shrugged, "Don't worry, it's a good thing." He then paused, before speaking again. "You know? I kind of miss the old Sungjong." Some of the others nodded and mumbled in agreement.

"It's always funny when he whined." L chuckled, remembering how Sungjong would always complain whenever one of them orders him around. Sunggyu was the one who mostly ordered him around, but Hoya was the least to do so.

"Pfft, I don't. He complains and whines less than he did before." scoffed Sungyeol as he crossed his arms. "Good thing he finally changed now. I don't have to worry so much on how he is going to be when he grows up. I was worried he would be dancing to girl groups all day and night long!"

"Good, now start worrying about your own future, hyung. Your making me starting to get worried about you." said Sungjong, as he patted Sungyeol on his shoulder with a sly smirk. The other member snickerd, as Sungyeol's face began turning a tint of red, due to embarrassment.

"Yah!" He yelled in a high-pitched voice, like a dolphin. He shoved Sungjong's hand off of his shoulder, huffing in irritation. "My future is going to turn out just fine!" L rolled his eyes at his statement.

Sungjong nodded, "Uh-huh, sure hyung~" His tone full of sarcasm. The other members chuckled again, as Sungyeol stomped his foot in anger. Sungjong didn't care, as he just gave Sungyeol a victory smirk. By then, Sungyeol was about ready to leap onto the maknae. He was ready to strangle him, but before he could get closer to Sungjong, he was held back by L.

"Don't even think about it, Sungyeol." warned L, as he pushed him slightly away from Sungjong. He saw the glint in Sungyeol's eyes, knowing that he wanted to pummel Sungjong to the ground.

"Yah! L, let go!" cried Sungyeol as he tried to pull away from L's tight grip, but to no avail. L merely chuckled at his failure, holding onto Sungyeol tighter. The more Sungyeol struggled, the tighter was L's grip on him. "Yah, I'm your hyung!"

L raised an eyebrow at him, "Oh really? Then start acting like one." Sungyeol let out an exasperated sigh, knowing that he couldn't win this battle. His dongsaengs were getting better and better when talking back at him, making him lose often.

Sunggyu sighed in relief, now that things were all starting to calm down. Sungyeol and Sungjong were loud whenever they bickered with each other, but L and Sungyeol were even louder. Whenever someone fought with Sungyeol, it was over pointless things.

"OK guys, we should get back to practicing. Our break was longer than I expected it to be, because of someone." Sunggyu narrowed his eyes at Sungyeol. The others snickered, as Sungyeol had on a expression of disbelief.

"What? It's his fault!" Sungyeol pointed directly at Sungjong, who feigned innocence. "Not mine! Blame him!"

"Me? But I did nothing wrong, Sunggyu hyung." pouted Sungjong.

Woohyun rolled his eyes at Sungjong's aegyo. "Please, my aegyo is so much better." No one paid no heed to his comment, and merely ignored Woohyun, as he began doing his bunny aegyo.

Hoya shook his head at them all, silently going towards the stereo, ready to practice. As he began scrolling up and down the list of songs, one of his fingers accidently pressed a song. Soon, the room was filled with a familiar tune. Sungjong's eyes brightened at the familiar tune, and he immediately began dancing to it.

"Not this song..." muttered L, recognizing the song choice right away. It brought back to him horrible memories of embarrassment. Memories he wanted to forget so badly, but couldn't. As it was recorded by his hyungs.

 

Han namja ye nun dongja ga heundeul
Ilcho e yeol han beonsshik heundeul heundeul

 

Soon after, Sungyeol began to join Sungjong with the dance as well. Both of them moved together perfectly in sync, but they weren't complete yet. They needed one more person for the formation to be complete.

L stayed put standing, watching Sungjong and Sungyeol dance to the music. Hoya nudged his right side, but he didn't move nor acknowledge him. Dongwoo nudged his other side, earning a cold glare from L. Woohyun, who was behing L, then shoved L forward, towards the two dancing idiots.

 

Wae jakku nareul seukaen hana yo
Ni yeope ni yeoja ga biteul biteul

 

"Yah!" L yelled at Woohyun, as he felt himself being pushed forward. 

Woohyun smirked at him, "Don't forget to sing and move those hips!"

L ignored Woohyun's command, staying put with his arms crossing. He stood in the center of the dance room, where Sungyeol and Sungjong were happily dancing around him. From time to time, they would bump into L purposely, wanting him to dance with them. Since he was the one they needed to complete there formation. But L didn't budge, and just stayed put.

"L, move before I make you stay after for two more hours, practicing to girl group songs." threatened Sunggyu. The others behind him 'oohed' at his threat. L's eyes widened at Sunggyu's threat, but still stayed put. He thought, more like hoping, that Sunggyu was only bluffing. There was no way he was going to dance to girl group songs for two straight hours. "I'm sure 2NE1 sunbaes or SECRET sunbaes would love watching a video of INFINITE's visual dancing to their songs. I know I enjoyed watching the video."

L went frozen as he remembered the video Sunggyu was talking about. It was on a hot summer day when Sunggyu filmed a video of L dancing to girl group songs. It amazed him on what hot weather could do to him. He involuntarily shuttered at the memory, remembering it clearly. He had thought that Sunggyu had forgotten about the video by now, but he thought wrong.

 

B-B-B-Bangkok city I can’t stop, deo heundeureo bwa
Geunyeo tteoreo jyeo na gage

 

As the song got to the chorus, L joined Sungjong and Sungyeol dancing to Orange Caramel's, Bangkok City. The formation was now complete and the three of them all danced perfectly in sync. The other members cheered from behind, 'wooing' and 'whooping', loudly.

The song soon came to an end, much to L's joy, but Sungyeol and Sungjong's dismay. As the two were still in the mood to dance. 

 

Kiss ga neol bureunda tonight

 

After the song ended, a new song began playing. Sungjong's disappointed face was now replaced with a full content smile as the song began playing.

 

Bubble pop!

 

It was none other than HyunA's Bubble Pop, Sunjong's solo dancing song. Both L and Sungyeol moved out of the way, allowing Sungjong to have more room to dance. Besides, neither of them wanted to dance to this song. The song was alright with them, but there was no way were they going to do the dancing for it. It was even more embarrassing than Bangkok City!

The INFINITE members cheered as Sungjong did the highlight of the dance, the dance. He did it perfectly, as he had been practicing it ever since the song came out. The maknae that they had thought changed, didn't change as much as they thought after all. He was still the same fun-loving maknae years ago, but just looked different. On the outside, he looked mature. In the inside was his feminine personality. Sungjong was truly a maknae at heart.

"MY EYES!" yelled Sungyeol as he covered his eyes, but the other members paid no attention to him. Instead, they kept on cheering on the sidelines for the dancing maknae. Ignoring all the complaints coming from the choding.


FlyingHigh Speaking:

Thanks to: Lillie, Pzs_Girls, K-POP_IS_HOME, VIP_Blackjack, and UNKNOWNpunker for subscribing! Feel free to subscribe and comments are always welcomed! I got the lyrics from here and here