006 ☆ Pointless Fights

Dreams Come True || A Collection

006  Pointless Fights


Characters: Lee Taemin (SHINee)
Date: May 18, 2012

Poster:  ---

Type/Genre:  Drabble
Word Count: 805


"I TOLD YOU I WILL PAY THE BILLS! THE DEADLINE ISN'T UNTIL LATER!" Taemin heard yelling from downstairs in the living room. The yelling alone was able to send shivers down his spine. He was sure that the voice belonged to his father. His bedroom door was wide open and Taemin was just on his computer surfing the web. That is, until he heard yelling from downstairs.

He heard his mother sigh before she spoke to his father in a calm tone. "OK, I understand. I just don't want you to pay the bills too late."

"WHEN HAVE I EVER PAID THE BILLS LATE? HUH? WHEN HAVE I?!" His father questioned her.

"You-" His mothers words were cut off as his father had spoken again. He wouldn't let her finish a sentence and continued to yell.

"NEVER! I'VE NEVER HAD!"

Taemin's mother snapped and soon, she too, began yelling back at him. "CAN'T YOU LET ME FINISH MY SENTENCE FIRST?!" Shivers ran down Taemin's spine as they raised their voices at each other. He hated it when they fought like this.

Bills. The two were fighting over bills. He didn't know who to side with, and so he decided not to side with either of them. They were fighting with each other like cats and dogs. He didn't dare try and stop their fight. Taemin was to afraid too.

The two kept on yelling back and forth with each other. Taemin stayed in his room, just listening to their pointless argument. Soon, the yelling died down. It was silent downstairs, besides the sound of the TV playing in the background. Taemin's mother soon came up the stairs and went straight into the bedroom. He heard the door shut and lock. Taemin's father stayed downstairs, he could hear his footsteps. He was making his way into the kitchen and soon he heard water running. His father was washing the dishes.

Since Taemin's bedroom was besides his parents bedroom, he could hear what was going on inside their bedroom most of the time. He heard the opening of a drawer, which made his heart drop. Was his mother packing her clothes? Was she going to leave? Taemin then heard the drawer close, and no more movement could be heard. The water from downstairs also stopped, indicating to Taemin that his father had finished with the dishes. The two just needed to calm down, so the next time they see each other they won't blow up in each others faces.

His father wasn't an alcoholic. He didn't have a secret stash of beer in the house and didn't drink when he was angry. Taemin didn't worry about his father becoming drunk because of a fight with his mother, since it has never happened before. But what he did have, was an anger problem. That was what worried Taemin. When his father is full of anger, Taemin wouldn't go anywhere near him. He didn't want his father to blow up on him, which he has done a couple of times in the past before. Though the yelling was now over, Taemin still felt uneasy. His parents didn't fight often, but when they do... They always make him feel uneasy. He feels that one day, their fight will go too far. Too far as in one hurting each other or one deciding to leave the other. Taemin wanted neither of that to happen.

There are times when Taemin wished they fought often. Maybe if they did, he wouldn't feel as uneasy as he felt right now. He would be used to all the yelling and the screaming, maybe even be immune to it. How he wished he was immune to it right now. Taemin never asks his parents why they fight. He never confronts them about it. He knows that they won't give him an answer. They would either tell him not worry about it or that it isn't any of his business. But for this fight that they just had, he didn't need to ask. He already know what their fight was about it and it was pointless.

Taemin let out a sigh and then got up from his bed. He slowly closed his door, but didn't lock it. His parents didn't allow him to lock the door, unless he was changing. He then went back to his bed and collapsed onto the soft bed sheets. His heart no longer felt uneasy and he felt a bit more calm, now that he was in his comfortable bed. His parents fight tonight wasn't big, and he was sure that they would be back to normal with each other tomorrow. With that thought in mind, he allowed himself to fall into deep slumber. He dreamed of his parents living a happy life together and hoped that they would always stay together.


FlyingHigh Speaking:

Thanks to: ChalienaRose for subscribing! Feel free to subscribe and comments are always welcomed! I don't own the GIFS, they were all found on tumblr.