HyeMi problems

Dirty Little Secret

“What does JuRi have that I don’t have?”  My friend Eun Jung cried as she slammed her head down on her desk.

We were in math class waiting for our teacher to arrive. The classroom was full of talk and chatter and students running around. My friend Eun Jung, who sat at the desk on my right side, was a very pretty girl. She had long, layered black hair that just passed her shoulders. She too was tall and she had such nice dark brown eyes.

She was complaining about her crush Young Bae. Well, more like, complaining about a girl name JuRi who also had a crush on him.

If you were a teenage girl who never had 'crush' problems ... then I envy you.

“Well for one, Young Bae and JuRi aren’t even going out”  I said patting her head.

She shot right back up, which made me jump.

“True!”  She asked so quickly.

“See! So there is still a chance my friend”  I said with a smile.

“OH THANK GOODNESS!”  

Me and Eun Jung both turned to face the door and saw Soo Yun leaning against the door frame huffing and puffing.

She pushed herself off the doorframe, straightened out her uniform and quickly ran over to her desk, which was infront of me. She sat down in her chair and turned around to face me.

“Guess what?!”  She said so excitedly, slamming her hands down on my table.

“What?”  Eun Jung and I said at the same time.

“New student!”  She said.

“Eh?”  I said.

“A new student!”  She said again.

“Don’t tell me you were running late just because you were finding out about some new student?”  Eun Jung said.

“No, I slept in”  She said which made Eun Jung slap her forehead.

“But as I was coming to school, well running to be more exact, I bumped into the new girl”  She said.

“Ohhh, so the new student is a girl”  I said and she nodded.

“So far, all I got was that she moved from Japan, she is very pretty and somewhat rich”  She said.

“How the heck did you find all that out just by bumping into her?”  Eun Jung asked confused.

Soo Yun popped her school collar up "Because I'm just awesome"

“Wait! Did you just say she just moved from Japan?”  I asked, realising what she just said.

-
-

It was lunch and Eun Jung, Soo Yun and I were making out way outside to have lunch.

“Have you seen the new girl yet?”  I asked.

“No, I haven’t”  Eun Jung said.

“Maybe you were just imagining things Soo Yun”  She said.

“Are you saying I’m making gossip up now?”  Soo Yun said

“Maybe”  Eun Jung joked.

“Well you know what! I think I’ll just go and tell Young Bae that you like him”  Soo Yun said started to walk in the oppositie direction

“No! I’m sorry!”  Eun Jung cried as she ran and hugged Soo Yun from behind.

“That’s right!”  Soo Yun said as she stuck her tongue out at her.

“Your lucky too because he is right there” Soo Yun said pointing in the direction where Young Bae was.

He was sitting with all the guys at the picnic table me and Seung Ri usually meet up at every second day but this time … their was an unfamiliar girl sitting with them. She had her back facing us so we couldn’t see her face but she had short brown hair and she was sitting next to Seung Ri.

I felt like running over there and pushing that girl out of the way! But instead, we just walked over to them casually. Maybe I should find out who it is first before going TaeKwonDo on them.

“Hey guys”  Soo yun shouted out to them.

“Hey”  They all said.

“Hey HaNa!”  Seung Ri said so happily as he waved.

AHHH I just felt like running up to him and giving him the biggest hug in the whole world. He is just too cute for words!

I had the biggest smile on my face while waving to him. But that smile was completely wiped off my face when that girl sitting next to Seung Ri turned around.

“You remember HyeMi right?”  He said.

I had no idea what was going on. My mind was going crazy and a thousand questions going through my mind.

“Oh…yeah!”  I said and plastered on a ‘fake’ smile.

“See! Told you there was a new girl!”  Soo Yun said to Eun Jung.

“I’m sorry!”  She apologised and hugged Soo Yun again.

Soo Yun just laughed  “Its alright, I forgive you”  She said with a smile.

“Hi! I bumped into you earlier. I’m Soo Yun”  She introduced herself.

“And I’m Eun Jung”  

“HyeMi”  She said with a smile.

“Yeah, I’m introducing her to the guys”  Seung Ri spoke.

“Ohhh”  I simply nodded.

“Want to sit with us?”  Dae Sung asked.

“No, no. It’s alright. We’ll catch you guys later”  Soo Yun said and we walked off.

“HaNa! Still walking with you after school?”  Seung Ri shouted out.

I turned back around with a smile “Of course”

“Do you think she likes him?”  I heard Eun Jung say.

“Who does?”  I quickly asked.

“HyeMi”  She said.

“HyeMi likes Seung Ri?”  I asked.

“Could be possible. I mean, see the way she was starring at him. I don’t know why, but I got some vibe from her saying ‘would these girls just go away’”  Soo Yun said.

“You got that kind of vibe from her?”  I asked.

“Yeah. And if you ask me, I reckon she is going to be hanging out with JuRi”  Soo Yun also added.

“Please don’t mention that name around me”  Eun Jung winced.

“Awww I’m so sorry”  Soo Yun said hugging Eun Jung. “If it makes you feel any better, I heard Young Bae doesn’t even like her”

My friends’ conversation became a blur to me as my mind was all on Seung Ri and HyeMi. They have been childhood friends for a while, but she left him! So no way can she like him … unless she liked him before she left? Ah! This is something you would watch in a drama. A third party comes and ruins my perfect relationship.

Only problem is … Seung Ri really isn’t even mine to begin with.

-
-

It was my last lesson for the day … HISTORY! I’m not excited because its history class, heck no! I’m excited that this the lesson class for the day and then … walking home with Seung Ri! The whole HyeMi thing didn’t really bother me the rest of the day because I barely even sa-

NOPE! Spoke to freaking soon!

HyeMi walked right through the door and Soo Yun was right, she became friends with JuRi and her crew. JuRi and her group of friends are pretty much the 5 most popular girls in the school. They walk around like their all that, which is why my friend Eun Jung is kind of afraid of JuRi and is thinks Young Bae likes her.

She walked pass me and smile so I politely smiled back but unlike JuRi, she just held her head high up and she walked on by. I hope JuRi walks into a wall!

-
-

YES! The end of the day! Me and Seung Ri time!

History class was a blur because all I was thinking about everything SooYun and EunJung said before. I stared at HyeMi most of the class because I wanted some sort of sign, a signal, anything to let me know what SooYun and EunJung were saying was true.

Could she possible like SeungRi too?

I packed my things into my bag and quickly hurried out of class to meet up with Seung Ri infront of my locker.

“HaNa!”  I heard someone say my name.

I stopped in my tracks, turned around and saw HyeMi walking towards me.

“Yes?”  I asked.

“Can I ask you something?”  She asked as it looked like something was bothering her.

“Um…sure”  I said.

“You and Seung Ri are just friends right?”  She asked.

If yours going to say we are friends, at least get your facts right...its BEST friends.

“Yeah. Why?”  I said.

“Well, he always talks about you non stop and it makes me wonder if there is something more between you two”  She asked.

He talks about me?

“No, were just best friends. That’s it”  I said with a ‘smile’.

Really, I felt like kicking myself when I said that!

“Oh okay, cool”  She said cheerfully with a smile “I’ll catch you later then. Bye”  She said and walked off.

I can’t believe this! Soo Yun was right about her! She does like Seung Ri! What am I suppose to do when Seung Ri only sees me and a friend and could possible see HyeMi as a potential ‘girlfriend’?

Someone kill me now.

-
-

Seung Ri was walking me home after school. He was going on and on about … something. I kinda lost track of what it was he was talking about because that conversation with HyeMi kept playing over and over and over an-

“HaNa?”

I heard Seung Ri say my name which snapped me back into reality.

“Yeah?”  I said looking up at him.

“You alright? You seem pretty out of it today”  He said.

“Yeah, I’m fine”  I said, reassuring him with a smile.

He walked infront of me, causing me to stop in my tracks. He held out hit fist and I just looked at him confused.

“Scissors, paper, rock. If you win I’ll give you a piggy back ride the rest of the way”  He said.

“And if you win?”  I asked, rasing an eyebrow at him.

“You give me one!”  He said so happily.

“WHAT?!”  I exclaimed.

“What? Scared are we”  He teased.

“No! Come one!”  I said as I held out my fist too.

“Scissors, paper … ROCK!”

I was rock and he was …

“PAPER WINS!”  He cheered.

“You’ve honestly got to be kidding me!”  I said as I watched him run around happily which made me laugh.

He definitely knows how to make me feel better.

“Well, I’m ready!”  He said as he finished running around.

“I’m not carrying!”  I said

“Yah! I won!”  He whined.

“No!”  I snapped.

He just laughed “Alright, here”  He said as knelt down infront of me, with his back facing me.

“What are you doing?”  I asked.

“Loser gets a piggy back ride home”  He said.

“Yah! I’m not a loser!”  I said, whacking home over the head, but still accepted his offer.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he held onto my legs as he stood up.

This was perfect, the way I wish things were. I felt like screaming out to him ‘Seung Ri! I’m freaking in love with you!’ But I know I shouldn’t … there is no way I want to ruin this … what we have now.

“Hey Seung Ri,”  I said.

“Yeah”  He replied.

“We’re still going to be good friends no matter what right?”  I asked.

He let out a small chuckle. “Where is this coming from?”

“Nowhere”  I quickly said.

“Well for one, we’re not good friends” He said.

And at the moment … I thought I felt my heart shatter into a thousand pieces.

“HaNa, we’re best friends. Nothing’s going to happen”  He said and I hit him on the top of his head.

GOSH! He freaking scared me when he said we weren’t good friends!

He then just laughed “You make it sound like your leaving me, which you better not be!”  He said.

“I’m going nowhere”  I said and smiled.

I’m definitely not going anywhere … I just hope you don’t go anywhere too.