Promise

Dirty Little Secret

“I can’t believe I got detention!”  I cried as I leaned my head on Eun Jung’s shoulder as we were walking out of the classroom.

“Don’t worry. Detention only goes for an hour”  Soo Yun added as she patted the top of my head.

“Is that supposed to make me feel better?”  I said.

"HaNa, don’t sweat. Everyone will receive detention at least once"  Eun Jung said.

"Yeah, and if your lucky like Eun Jung ... you'll receive it at least 4 times over two weeks"  Soo Yun joked.

"Hey! Its not my fault the bus doesn’t stop for me!"

“Awww, what’s wrong?”

We three turned around to see Seung Ri and Young Bae coming towards us.

“Oh my gosh!” Eun Jung panicked as she turned to us. “Does my hair look good? ”  She said as she quickly started fixing her hair.

“Stop it!”  Soo Yun said as grabbed Eun Jung’s hands.

“I thought you guys finally spoke to each other”  I asked.

“They did, but EunJung was a nervous wreck and was too afraid to speak”  SooYun said.

“It’s not my fault! The guy is too hot!” EunJung quickly said before the guys came over to us.

“What’s hot?”  Young Bae asked as Seung Ri came around and stood next to me.

SooYun nudged EunJung to speak.

“Oh! Uh … the … the weather! It sure is hot”  She said with a nervous smile.

“It’s pretty cloudy outside though”  Seung Ri said and I secretly elbowed him on his side.

He looked down at me giving the ‘what did I do?’ look, which by the way …… SUPER CUTE!!!

“Ohhh!”  He said as he had the smile on his face when he realises something.

“Maybe I was mistaken. Maybe I should check the weather again. Come on HaNa”  He said as he wrapped his arm over my shoulders.

“What?!”  EunJung shrieked as she looked over at both of us.

“Yeah! And I’ve got to go and see my damn P.E teacher about an assignment he THINKS I copied! Stupid teacher”  SooYun spoke

EunJung looked back and forth at myself and SooYun.

“We’ll see you later during lunch alright? We won’t be long” I added as I secretly nudged EunJung which I could see made her blush.

“Yeah, so you better look after her Young Bae or I swear I will hurt you!”  SooYun threatened as she gave him the death glare.

“I’m not going to let anything bad happen to her”  Young Bae Said as he gave EunJung a smile and I could tell EunJung just died and went to heaven.

They both would make a cute couple.

We all went off in different directions leaving EunJung and Young Bae alone.

-
-
-

“Do you think we’ve left them alone long enough?”  Seung Ri asked as we both were just wandering the schoolyard.

“Hmm… just a little bit longer”  I said as I ran a little ahead of him to kick a rock.

Then all of a sudden, he wrapped his arms around my shoulders as he leaned half his weight on me.

“YAH!!! You’re going to squish me!”  I exclaimed as I slowly dragged him.

“Piggy back ride!”  He said as if he was a little kid.

“A piggy back ride?! It’s more like I’m carrying a panda on my shoulders!”  I teased as I felt his weight off me, but he still had his arms around me.

“I’m a panda huh?”  He said as I could tell there was a grin on his face as he hugged me tighter, almost choking me.

“Ugh! Alright, alright! You’re not a panda!”  I said as I tapped his arm in defeat.

He loosen his hold around me “Much better”

I couldn't help but smile at this dork. Everything he does makes me smile. There is no possible way I could ever be mad at this guy. There is no possible way I ever want to lose this guy from my life.

-
-
-

End of the day and now, it was time to face the dreaded ‘detention’.

As I was at my locker gathering some books to occupy myself in detention everything went black.

“Guess who?”

A smile crept up on my face as I knew exactly who it was.

“Do you think I wouldn’t recognise your voice?”  I said as I removed their hands off my eyes.

I turned around to see a pouting Seung Ri  “Your no fun”

I just laughed at his cuteness.

I turned back around and continued getting books out and putting some that I didn’t need back in.

“So, I was thinking maybe after school we could go to the arcade”  Seung Ri spoke.

I looked over to him and was about to tell him that I have detention when I was automatically cut off by HyeMi shouting out to him.

“Seung Ri!”

He turned around and saw HyeMi walking towards us.

Walking towards us like a model. One leg right infront of the other. How can no guy fall for her. She sure was pretty, but why couldn't she go and bother another guy, not my guy.

“Hi Seung Ri and HaNa”  She greeted.

I waved Hi.

“I was wondering if you both wanted to come to the bakery after school. My mum said she was going to add something new to the menu and I wanted to see if you guys wanted to try it”  She said.

“Yeah! What do you say Hana?”  Seung Ri said

“I… uh would love to but I have detention”  I said.

“Eh!?”  Seung Ri said shocked “And why am I just hearing about this now?”

“Well I-“

“Ohhh, well what about you Seung Ri? Do you still want to come?”  HyeMi said, cutting me off.

I looked at HyeMi and stared at her blankly.

Did she just cut me off?!

“Oh, but my piggy here APPARENTLY has detention and we’re suppose to walk home together today”  He said as he messed my hair up.

“I’m pretty sure Hana wont mind. Do you?”  She said, looking at me with an ‘innocent’ look.

Great! If I say ‘yes’ then its just going to make me look like some clingy best friend who wants no-one touching her guy, but if I say ‘no’ then who knows what she’ll do to him!

“Y-you can go”  I said.

“Really? Are you sure?”  He asked.

Of course I’m not sure!

“Yeah”  I said, as I gave him a smile.

“Great! Come on Seung Ri!”  She said as she signalled him to follow as she walked off.

“I’ll call you later, okay?”  He said.

I nodded and he walked off.

I let out a sad smile as I could have sworn I felt my heart sink.

And this is where it begins. The end of SeungRi and I.

-
-
-

I guess Soo Yun was right … detention was over in no time. An hour sure goes by so fast when your mind is pretty preoccupied … and you don’t want to know what was on my mind.

As I walked out of detention and down the hall towards the exit, I saw that it was raining outside.

“No!”  I said to myself as stared at the rain falling down as I stood here at the steps of the schools entrance.

I guess Seung Ri was right about it being cloudy.

Why did I have to forget my umbrella? Why did I have to get detention? Why did Seung Ri have to go with HyeMi?

Oh yeah … kinda said he could.

“Why me?”  I sighed as kneeled down and hugged my legs.

“Because you got detention. That’s why”

I was startled as I heard a voice. I looked up and saw JiYong standing next to me looking out at the rain.

“Why are you still here? I didn’t see you in detention”  I asked as I stood up.

“Young Bae, Seung Hyun and I stayed back to finish an assignment in the library”  He said.

“Ohhh”  I replied.

It makes sense.

He got out his umbrella and started walking down the steps and out towards the school gates. As I watched him walk off I let out a sigh as I hung my head down.

First I get detention, and then Olivia comes along and takes Seung Ri away and now this…

“Well come on”  He spoke

I looked up and saw JiYong standing there at the school gates looking back at me.

“Coming?”

“I …uh”  

“If your waiting for the rain to die down you might be here all night”  He said.

-
-

It was silent between us as we both were walking under the one umbrella.

It wasn’t an awkward silence, and nor was it uncomfortable … it was just silent.

“So … started on the science assignment yet?” I asked, finally breaking the silence.

“Not yet. Me, Tae Yang and Seung Hyun have been pretty busy with our music assignment. We want to quickly get the theory part out of the way and start practicing with the practical part”  He said.

“Ohh…well, if you want, I can help you with your science assignment. I mean, I’ve nearly finish mine”  I suggested.

I’m not suggesting JiYong is dumb at science, its just that I know he has more of a passion for music and plus … I guess I kinda wanna make it up to him for giving some advice about Seung Ri.

“Thanks”  He said and I just replied with a smile.

“Um… one question”  I asked and he replied with a “hmm”

“W-why didn’t you get the chance to tell that girl you said before about how you felt?”  I asked and he just looked down at me.

“You don’t have to tell me, it’s alright!”  I quickly said as I waved my hands infront of me.

He just let out a chuckle.

“I guess it was bad timing. I was going to tell her but I found out her heart belonged to someone else”  He said.

“Ohhhhh”

“See, that’s why I want you to go and tell him”  He said giving me a slight nudge “For me, I knew where she stood and how she felt. For you … you still have a shot”

-
-

((3:25AM)))

I hid under my covers as I could heard the loud thunder crashing down.

Yes, make fun of me if you must. A 17 year old girl is afraid of thunder and lighting. Hey! Everyone has a fear of something and mine just happened to be thunder. Loud thunder especially, and just my luck … that’s exactly what was happening outside.

The loud crashing sound made me squeak and jump in fear.

Stupid weather! Stupid thunder!

Just then, I heard my phone going off. I pulled the covers off my head and sat up. I grabbed my phone that was sitting on my bedside table and answered.

“Hello”  I answered.

“Hana! Are you okay?”  

Hearing the only voice that can make me feel safe during times like this brought a smile to my face.

“Of course I’m okay. Why wouldn’t I be?”  I replied, acting all tough.

But really, I’m scared as heck and Seung Ri knows that. He knows my biggest fear (well … 2nd, if you count my first biggest fear is actually telling him that I’m in love with him then yeah) and knows how much I hate thunder.

So what does he do?

He does the sweetest and the most thoughtful thing anyone can ever do … he calls me up (depsite the time and the fact that he was already asleep), makes sure I’m fine and won’t hang up until I fall asleep. Sometimes, it ends up being the other way around and he falls asleep first, but then the minute he wakes up … he rings me again to double check I’m fine.

“Don’t play tough with me piggy”  He said and I let out a chuckle.

He doesn’t even have to be in sight or present and he still can make me feel safe.

“Go to sleep”  I commanded, feeling guilty. Well I always feel guilty every time he calls me up when thunder strikes.

“No, no”  He said with a yawn  “I have to make sure my piggy is fine”.

“I’m fine”  I replied and just then a loud and deep thunder stuck which made me scream.

“Sounds to me like your not”  He said back.

“Its 3:30 in the morning. Go to sleep” I said.

“Not until I know your fine”  He said.

“I’m telling you, you’ll fall asleep soon~”  I sung.

“No I wont”  He said, drowsily.

It was silent for a couple of minutes. No thunder, no words.

I could only hear soft breathing on the other end. He had fallen asleep.

That dork.

As stupid as it may sound, not even saying anything to each on the phone still made me happy and safe inside because I knew … he was still right there with me.

I let out a sigh.

"Your such a dork"  I said into the phone  "An adorable one that any girl would fall in love with...especially me"

“I love you Seung Ri”  I said before hanging up.