One week

Dirty Little Secret

"So, I have figured out a way for Young Bae to notice me”  Eun Jung said as she was leaning against her locker.

“How?”  I asked as I was taking some books out of my locker

“Why can’t you just get HaNa to ask Seung Ri to get Young Bae to ask you out or something?”  Soo Yun said.

EunJung is cute when it comes to YoungBae. She has had a crush on since the day I introduced my girls to SeungRi and his group. But the problem is that she freezes up in his presense and sadly, can't say a single word to him.

“That’s too much work”  She said.

“Then what’s your idea Einstein?” Soo Yun asked.

“You see, I’m going to get one of you guys to push me over when he is around, causing me to fall to the ground. Then he will come to my aid by helping me up and making sure I’m alright”  Eun Jung said with starry eyes.

Soo Yun and I just stared at her with dumbfounded expressions.

“Oh Eun Jung, you strange girl”  Soo Yun said sincerely as she patted her head.

“Why? You don’t think it’ll work?”  She asked and Soo Yun and I just laughed.

-
-

I kind of have to admit … Home Economics may be the only class I actually have any interest for, and no its not just about the cooking that we only get to do once every two week, which may I add, is today, so thank goodness for that, I finally have lunch!

“Alright, once you all have placed your biscuits in the oven, quickly tidy up your bay area and do the dishes. Once your all done, quickly take down these notes about the preservation process”  The teacher said.

Of course, the class takes their sweet time cleaning because no-one wants to write notes down... or do any REAL class work, everyone just wants to eat.

I was wiping down the counter as I trailed off in my own thoughts and yup, you guess it…my thoughts were all on Seung Ri and HyeMi.

I couldn't help it.

I shouldn’t hate her as much as I do. Well technically, I don’t hate her … I just really dislike her. Why the heck did she have to come in and ruin everything!

Maybe … it’s like some kind of weird sign. A sign saying I should get over Seung Ri … or something like that. If this is a sign, couldn’t I have a better sign! A sign that didn’t come in a form of a pretty girl!

“HaNa...”

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my name said.

I turned around and saw JiYong standing behind me.

JiYong and I both have Home Economics and Science class  together. He tells me the only reason why he picked Home Economics was so he could get free food. I think that’s the main reason any guy would pick this class, either that or you get to be surrounded by lots of girls … or you just got stuck with this class.

“Any cleaner and I think you might just be able to see your face in that counter soon”  He said with a chuckle.

“Oh … yeah”  I said and stopped wiping the counter.

“Well, I was wondering if I can borrow your science book”  He asked.

“Didn’t do the homework?”  I asked as I started to walk towards my bag and he followed behind.

“That. Plus I didn’t really take down the notes so I couldn’t do the homework”  He said, scratching the back of his head.

I just laughed as I took the book out of my bag and handed it to him.

“Thanks Hana! I’ll give your book back later in class”  He said.

-
-

“I have lunch today!”  I cheered as I took out the cookies I baked earlier.

“Oh really?”  Seung Ri said as he took one.

“Yup, I made them in Home Economics”  I said.

“You made this?”  He said, pointing to the cookie in his hand.

“Yeah, why?”  I asked and he gave me back my cookie.

“Yah! What’s wrong with my cookies?!”  I asked.

“N-nothing!”  He said with a smile.

“Hmph!”

“Hi you two!”  I saw Soo Yun and Eun Jung coming towards us.

“Enjoying lunch I see”  She said and took one of my cookies.

“Uh … HaNa made those!”  Seung Ri quickly said.

“Ohhh…”  Soo Yun said and slowly put the cookie back down.

“Seriously! Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my cookies!?”  I asked.

“N-nothing my dear friend”  She said and patted the top of my head.

“Anyway Seung Ri, we are wondering if you can talk to Young Bae for us?”  She asked.

“Why?”  He asked.

“Because our dear little friend Eun Jung likes the guy”  She said as Eun Jung pushes her lightly.

“What! I’m helping you here!”  Soo Yun said.

“He is right there”  He said and they both turned around to see him walking by in the distant.

“YOUNG BAE!”  Seung Ri shouted and he stopped in his tracks and waved at us. “THEY WANT TO ASK YOU SOMETHING!”

“This is not what I had in mind!”  Eun Jung whispered loudly.

“No, but its working!”  Soo Yun said and linked arms with Eun Jung.

“OH YOUNG BAE!”  She sung and she dragged Eun Jung away.

Me and Seung Ri just laughed.

“You have weird friends I tell you”  He said.

“Weird, but awesome!”  I added as I took a bite at one of my cookies.

Seung Ri just stared at me “Do you have any nausea feelings?”

“Yah! They are perfectly fine!”  I said, taking one of my cookies and leaned over the table to try and stuff it in his mouth.

“No! I’m going to die!”  He cried.

“Shut up and eat it!”  I said and shoved it in his mouth.

I sat back down and watched him eat them. He then started to make funny faces.

“You’re so mean!”  I said and he just laughed.

“I’m joking! These are actually nice”  He said and took another bite out of it.

“Your damn right they are nice!”  I said.

-
-

Yup, science, the last lesson for the day and the last day of the week! And I barely saw HyeMi this whole day! This day couldn’t get any better.

As I took a seat at my assigned desk. Yes, my science teacher decided to place us in asigned seats only because she finds it easier to remmeber our names this way.

I placed my bag down on the table and went to grab my science book out of my bag. I took my book out of my bag and placed it on the table, but then I just remembered something …

Didn’t I lend my science book to JiYong earlier today?

I then started to frantically look through my bag and look at all my books. What book did I give JiYong then? Oh no, the poor guy is going to get in trouble, now I feel so bad!

Just then, a book landed on my desk. I looked up and saw JiYong standing there. I was about to say sorry and it looked like he was going to say something but we were both automatically cut off when the teacher walked in.

“Alright class, last lesson for the day. Let’s not make it a tiring one” She said.

JiYong went off and sat down in his assigned seat at the other side of the room.

I looked down at the book he dropped down on my table.

Oh no! This definitely isn’t good and certainly NOT my science book.

-
-

Science class had ended and thank goodness too. I barely could concentrate during the whole class knowing that JiYong might know my biggest secret. I saw JiYong walking out of the classroom so I started to packed up my things faster and ran to catch up to him.

“JiYong!”  I shouted out to him. He stopped in his tracks and turned around.

This is not good. This is not good! What do I say to him ‘Uh, sorry for not lending you my science book but my ENLGISH book instead! Oh! And did you happen to see anything weird in it?’

“Uh … I’m sorry for lending you the wrong book”  I said.

“Its alright, she didn’t even check the homework so its all good”  He said.

“Uh … true. Well … I’m going to go now, so I’ll see you Monday”  I said and walked off.

Phew! He didn’t see anything!

“You really love him don’t you?”  I heard him say.

Spoke to soon!

I turned back around to face him as he walked up to me.

“Seung Ri”  He said.

“I-I have no idea what your talking about”  I quickly said  “I got to go”  and started to make my way out of the school gates but I could sense JiYong was still behind me.

“I saw your book”  He said which made me stop in my tracks.

I can’t believe it! Out of everyone it just had to be JiYong that knows! Not even Eun Jung and Soo Yun know!

“You guys are best friends though”  He said.

You don’t have to remind me!

“Like I don’t know that!”  I said, throwing my arms up in the air before kneeling down on the ground, hugging my legs as I buried my head in my arms.

I give up. I can’t lie and pretend it’s not true when he pretty much saw my book and everything it says. How can I deny such a thing? But really, out of all the people, JiYong just had to know!

I could hear him walking closer to me. He then let out a small chuckle. I looked up at him.

“I always knew this day would come”  He said as he knelt down next to me.

“What do you mean?”  I asked.

“The day you’d finally say your in love with Seung Ri. Just didn’t know how long it would take”  He said.

I looked at him confused.

“I could tell you liked him. Everyone else may have been blind to it, but I could see it”  He said.

“How?”  I asked.

“Whenever you’re with Seung Ri you light up more than usual. You glow and you have the biggest smile on your face and a twinkle in your eye. You can pretty much tell by the way you are with him that you liked him more then a friend”  He said.

“I just wish I never felt this way about him, you know?”  I said.

“It was bound to happen”  He said  “A guy and a girl can be friends but at point or another, one is going to fall”

“Wish it wasn’t me that fell in love with Seung Ri”  I mumbled.

“You know what you’ve got to do though?”  He said.

“What?”  I replied.

“Tell him”  He simply said.

“What?!”  I exclaimed, standing back up “I can’t do that! It’ll ruin everything we have!”  

“So what? You’d rather not tell him and regret it later when he has hooked up with … oh lets say HyeMi or tell him and see exactly where he stands. If he cherishes and loves your friendship as much as I'm sure he does ... your friendship won't end because of this”  He said.

“Lookie! It’s my two favourite people!”

We both turned around and saw Seung Ri coming towards us with a smile on his face.

“JiYong, Young Bae and Seung Hyun are looking for you”  He said.

“Oh, right … we have to do a group assignment”  He said.

“Well come on HaNa. I’ll race you!”  He said and ran off.

I looked back at JiYong.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to say anything”  He said before walking back towards the school.

I just stood there as I watched JiYong walk away.

He has a point but do I really want to risk all this? Or am I just being way to paranoid about it all?

“HaNa!!”

I turned back around to see Seung Ri jumping up and down in the distance waving his arms about in the air.

“If you don’t catch up then you’re going to buy me lunch tomorrow!”  He shouted out.

Alright Hana … here is the deal. Its Friday, you have officially one week to tell him how you feel. One week or that’s it. If another girl wants Seung Ri, you’ll give him up with no hesitation, no jealously because you had a chance. Do you want that? NO! So … one week Hana, one week.