3

Not My Prince Charming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7OcWHkOI8

 
You wouldn't consider yourself popular but many students knew who you were since you always did extra curriculum events around the school. You had a smell rep, but it wasn't something you would boast about. You just enjoyed using your free time with useful things like organizing bake sales, helping around the school garden, create events around the school like dances and create musicals for the choir, and even managing the basketball team. You did a lot of things and people definitely enjoyed your optimistic and ambitious presence.
 
Therefore, it shouldn't be much of a surprise to know that you had some secret admirers lingering in the shadows waiting for their chance to confess to you. 
 
--------------------------------
 
You didn't like spending much time with your friends anymore since half the time they spent it dissing and talking crap about Joey. You still hung out with them, but it just wasn't the same anymore. Wherever you were, Joey was. Wherever Joey was, your friends made sure to stay far away from it. That included you as well.
 
You really didn't understand what the big deal was. Joey was more than polite with your friends. He always greeted them even though he knew they would say nothing in return. 
 
You couldn't understand why they were being so judgemental but it was their unpopular opinion and you could care less about it. They were being childish and uneccessary and you've had enough. 
 
Instead, you decided to hang around the music room. It was the only place that kept your mind at peace from all the negavitiy you've been feeling lately.
 
Thankfully, Joey was good company. His english was still improving little by little but at least he could converse with simple yes and no now. He smiled a little more and he even had that twinkle in his eyes. 
 
You decided to spend lunch in the music room. 
 
He seemed surprise since ever since he hung out with you, whenever it was lunch, you would go to the bleachers and eat with your friends. 
 
"Something new." You said with a beam, as you sat down on the chair. 
 
Joey grabbed a chair and pulled it next to you. 
 
You opened up your bag and your smile cracked. Ham and sandwich, for the billionth time. 
 
You were getting tired of the same repetitive lunch. You were definitely sure you will get so sick of it this one day that you'll become vegetarian. 
 
But then again, that little voice inside your head always reminded you that there are other people in different parts of the world who don't have anything to eat at all, making you shut up. 
 
Joey noticed you frowning as you chewed on your sandwich and he wondered if it tasted as bad as you made it look. 
 
"Yucky?" Joey asked. 
 
You stopped chewing and you turned to him. You tried to hide your disgust with a smile as you shook your head. "No, no! Yummy! Very delicious!"
 
Joey laughed, and he could tell that you were just being gallant. 
 
He held out his bento box and chopsticks to you.
 
You blinked at his gesture.
 
He gave you an encouraging nod. "Eat." 
 
"Really?" 
 
He nodded again.
 
You would have refused.... you were going to refused....... until the smell hit your nose and the delicious aroma made your stomach growl hungrily. 
 
----------------------------------------
 
It became a routine coming to the empty music room at lunch. You eventually stopped bringing lunch, and Joey eventually brought twice the amount of food in his bento box as you two would share it.
 
Joey was beginning to open up to you more. You had found out through some small conversations with Joey was that his real name was Byunghun Lee. He didn't really like the name Joey, but his mother had picked it, thinking that it would be cute on him.
 
You laughed and agreed as you ruffled his hair. 
 
"Can I call you Byunghun?" You wondered.
 
He nodded with a smile. "Only you." You giggled when your heard his accent. It was cute. 
 
Joey had taught you some Korean over the time. 
 
But you couldn't remember it all.
 
Truthfully all you knew was hello, yes, no and thank you. 
 
"Teach me more!" You demanded.
 
"You forget though..." he made swirls around his head and you lighly smacked his shoulder.
 
"You're a bad teacher." You stuck your tongue out.
 
Joey rolled his eyes but laughed as he proceeded to teach you more words. 
 
You also found out that he really loved hip hop music and that he could play the piano and violin. You were half embarassed and half astonished by how amazing his pianist skill was compared to yours. 
 
"How'd you learn all of this?" You asked in awe.
 
Joey looked up at you and smiled, his accent coming out when he couldn't pronouce the F properly. "Lots of phree time."