2

Not My Prince Charming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfsPfz4jFU

It's been awhile since you were assigned to accompany new students around the school. Truthfully, you missed doing this. Seeing the eyes of new students round in surprise, seeing their expressions slowly brighten with interest, and everything else that came along with that package, including their friendship by the end. Joey was different though. He had quite a 4Dimensional personality and stared off into space often. But... he was also funny, in a peculiar but interesting type of way. He didn't talk much, but he did smile a lot which helped you feel less bad about yourself as a host. Although the worksheets and homework was a problem. But he had language class for that. 
 
You felt bad though. At lunch you would see him studying all the other boys around school. You could sense his desire to become their friends but everytime you try to call a boy over, he woud shake his head and walk away. 
 
Sometimes, his actions made you speechless. 
 
Before you knew it, the week with him was finished and now he was free to go on his own.
 
"It's lunch time!" You squealed as you packed up your things. You felt a presence lingering beside you and you looked up.
 
Joey's arms was crossed and you could tell by his stance that he was waiting for you.
 
You smiled and gestured for him to go on. "You don't have to stick by me anymore."
 
His face fell slightly and he gestured from him to you. "No... friends?"
 
You blinked, "of course we're friends, Joey!"
 
This time it was his turn to blink. 
 
Then you realized what he meant and what he thought
 
You softened and patted his head. "Do you want to hang out with me?"
 
Joey nodded fervently with a smile on his face. "Friends."
 
You laughed and nodded as well. "Friends." 
 
--------------------------------
 
When you approached your friends with Joey, their instant welcoming big grins instantly soured up and then gave you a look of disgust and disaproval. 
 
You blinked as you sat down on the bleachers, placing your bag down with you. Joey sat right below you as he pulled out his bento box his mother had made him.
 
"Why so glum, chum?" You asked your friends, pulling out a sandwich. You always wanted to try that bento box that Joey always brought to school but you never had the courage to ask. It felt rude. 
 
Your friend jabbed a thumb at Joey with a disgusted look. "Why did you bring that with you?"
 
You turned to see Joey enjoying his meal. You looked back at your friends, "friends don't leave friends alone, you guys don't know that rule?"
 
Your friends cast a look at one another before barking out cackles. 
 
You scowled. "What?!"
 
"He looks like a freaking loser. How are you putting up with that?" They whispered to you.
 
The one thing you disliked about your friends was the fact that when it came to newcomers, they weren't very welcoming. In fact, they were usually cold and snobbish towards them. You, on the other hand, didn't like treating people that way. If you did, the feeling of guilt would overwhelm you. You sighed.  "He's a nice boy, he just needs friends. Why can't you guys just give him a shot?"
 
Your friends snickered, "Maybe if he got plastic surgery and get a stylist." 
 
You frowned deeply with their choice of words. You couldn't believe that they were shallow enough to diss him like in front of him. To be honest you never thought twice about the things Joey had worn. And to be frank, you didn`t mind it. It wasn't that bad to start off with. At least you didn't think so.
 
"Hey! I think he's fine the way he is."
 
Your friends raised their eyebrows at you.
 
"Do you like him?"
 
You gave her a -_- look and rolled your eyes. "No."
 
Your friends gave you another look before giving you a 'whatever' sigh and changed the topic. Their backs were turned coldly towards him and ignored his presence. 
 
You turned your head to pay attention to him and at the same time, met eyes with him. 
 
A smile grew on your lips and he returned the smile. Well, I like you the way you are Joey, don't you worry.