Taemin's Realization and Dongwoon's Accident

A.Mi.GO

      Dongwoon was standing in his shower, letting the water run down his body. He had been standing in the shower for at least thirty minutes not doing anything. He couldn’t stop thinking about Myeong and her actions; he was in a daze. He quickly ran his hand through his wet hair, getting irritated. “Why, Myeong-ah? Why choose a guy you just met and not me?” 

      He loved Myeong, so much that it hurt. But, to his disappointment, she did not acknowledge him back which made him infuriated. 

“I’m better than him...” he started. “Way better.” He turned off the water, then he realized he didn’t even take a proper shower.  “Aish...” he grumbled as he turned the shower back on. 

***************************

 

      Myeong was getting ready for her date. She was playing around with her hair, deciding how she should style it. She pouts when the doorbell rings, and she leaves her hair down and wavy. She rushed to the door and opened it, seeing Taemin stand there in jeans, sneakers, and a black v-neck tee. They smile at each other and Myeong locks the door behind her. Walking hand in hand to the amusement park was filled with awkward silences. Taemin broke the silence when he slightly laughed and sighed. Myeong looked up at him, sensing how awkward it was.

      “So you enjoyed yesterday?” Taemin asked, trying to avoid any silences.

 

      Myeong nodded. “Your group is amazing! All of you can sing and dance wonderfully. Do you have a name for you guys?”

 

      “Yeah, we call ourselves SHINee.” he informed her. She pondered the name and nodded. 

 

      “I like it.” she said. 

 

       They soon arrived at the entrance of the amusement park. Taeyeon and Jonghyun were waiting for them at the entrance holding hands. Taeyeon was the first to see them and wave them over. “Ready for some fun guys?”

 

       Sure enough, the day was filled with fun. They practically rode all the rides the park had to offer and eat all the food it offered too. But, during their time Jonghyun and Taemin waited for the two girls outside of the bathrooms. 

      “Taemin, what’s wrong? You look depressed or something.” Jonghyun asked when they were alone together. 

 

      “I don’t know, hyung.” he said shaking his head. “Have you ever felt guilty dating Taeyeon? Like something was off?” 

 

      Jonghyun thought for a second and pursed his lips together. “Not that I can recall. Never, actually. I feel like it’s right.” 

 

      Taemin shook his head and looked at the ground with a solemn face. “It doesn’t seem right that I’m dating Myeong...”

 

      “Dongwoon.” Jonghyun interrupted Taemin. The maknae looked up at his hyung in confusion. 

 

      “It’s because of Dongwoon. You know he likes her.” Jonghyun said. “That’s why you feel guilty.” 

 

      Taemin nodded his head. “Do what’s right, Taemin.” Jonghyun said. And that’s what Taemin would do.

 

       It got dark and the small group was standing outside of the amusement park. After Taeyeon and Jonghyun left, Taemin held onto Myeong’s hand, not letting her go. “What’s wrong, Taemin?” she said with a worried face.

      “I want to say...” Taemin started. He pulled Myeong into a hug. She was uncomfortable against him in the cool night, but as more worried when he stopped talking.

      “Taemin?” she whispered.

 

       Dongwoon was walking slowly along the sidewalk. His head was kept down and he was listening to Taeyang’s Wedding Dress. He imagined Myeong walking down the aisle in her pure white wedding dress, only to be met with Taemin at the end. First it felt like him and Myeong were inseparable, then Taemin joins the picture. 

       He looked up to see where he was and saw the amusement park, then he saw Taemin hugging Myeong. He felt like he was stabbed in the heart as he just stood there watching them. And he felt like he wanted to be stabbed in the heart right then and there. He didn’t want them to see him, but his heart and body thought differently. He began to cross the street and yelled her name, getting the couple’s attention. Myeong smiled at him, the perfect smile that Dongwoon loved about her, that filled him up with warmth. Her kind smile that made his worries disappear. But, her smile soon turned into a frown and her eyes showed some sort of desperation and fear.

      “DONGWOON!! LOOK OUT!” she screamed at him. Bright lights flashed in his eyes when he realized a car was coming towards him on the side. He looked back at Myeong and Taemin who were running towards him. He was happy to see her run towards him.

      "Myeong-ah.” he said before everything went black.

 

**********

 

       Myeong and Taemin were sitting in the medical room where Dongwoon was resting. He had been hit by a car and was rushed to the hospital. He had bandages on his head and his shoulders, but was not hurt severely. Myeong was sitting next to Dongwoon in a chair while Taemin was standing by the door staring at her. She lightly smiled and caressed Dongwoon’s hand. “You’re so clumsy, Dongwoon-ah.” 

 

       Taemin cleared his throat and bowed ninety-degrees. Myeong looked up at him in confusion. “I want to apologize” He requested and stood straight back up, looking at her with sincere eyes. “It’s my fault, Myeong.”

       “What’re you talking about, Taemin?” she said in confusion.

 

       “It’s my fault,” he started. “I invaded a friendship between you two and broke it. Myeong, he obviously loves you with all his heart.” 

 

       She looked at Dongwoon with frown. Why didn’t he say anything before? Maybe, it was her own fault.

 

       “And I was moving too quickly through this all...” Taemin added. Myeong got up and hugged him. 

       

       “Thank you, Taemin. For opening my eyes.” she whispered. Taemin smiled, knowing he did something right.

 

       “We will surely be friends, right?” he asked as they broke apart from the hug.

 

       “Of course!” she said, smiling. “Taemin, hwaiting!” 

 

       He smiled back at her. “Myeong, hwaiting!”

 

 

       Taemin had left and Myeong was back to sitting by Dongwoon’s side. She began to fall asleep holding his hand. She rested her head on the medical bed next to him. 

       Dongwoon woke up to scratch his neck but he couldn’t move his hand. He looked down to see Myeong resting next to him and smiled. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at him.

       “Saranghae...” she said sleepily. Both of their eyes grow wide and she sits up quickly. “I-I...” she tries to explain.

 

       “What happened to Taemin?” he asked. She explained to him what he told her and Dongwoon sighed in relief. Even though Dongwoon was in extreme pain, that didn’t stop him from hugging her. 

       “Myeong-ah...I don’t know if you knew but I loved you for a long time.” he confessed.

 

       “I know...” she said quietly. He ran his fingers through her hair and smiled.

 

       “Saranghae, Myeong-ah, naneun yeong-wonhi dangsin-eul salanghabnida.” he said, kissing her head.

 


 

Dongwoon says "I love you, Myeong, I will love you forever."