Dongwoon's Jealousy

A.Mi.GO

       Myeong and Dongwoon were walking to her house. He still had her bag in his possession and she knew that she wouldn’t get it back until they arrived at her house. “So...how was your trip?” she asked.

       “Stressful, but fun,” he responded. “How have you been?” 

 

       Myeong let out a small laugh followed by a sigh. “Still late to classes, still best friends with Taeyeon, and still home alone until my parents come back from their business trips.” 

 

       “Taeyeon still going out with that Kim Jonghyun guy?” he asked.

 

       “Yeah, and still going strong, too.” she sighed. He looks over at her with furrowed eyebrows. 

 

       “What’s wrong?” he questioned. Myeong shook her head.

 

       “I’m just jealous of her. She was able to find someone she loves and who loves her back.” she confessed.

 

       “Jealous?” Dongwoon smirked. “It’s not like you to get jealous that easily.”

 

       Myeong shrugged as they stopped in front of her house. Dongwoon handed back her bag and she faintly smiled. He hated when she did that; a fake smile to hide her emotions even though he knew what was wrong. “Hey, want to hang out tomorrow? It’s Saturday.” he pointed out.

       “Sure, I’ll be ready at noon.” she said. Dongwoon smiled and hugged her one last time before he left.

 

       Myeong walks inside her house to find it quiet, like always. She sighs as she goes upstairs to her room. As she throws her bag to the ground, she falls onto her bed. Her phone starts ringing, indicating that she received a text. She picked up her bag from the floor and checked her phone; Taemin had messaged her.

 

Hi. How are you doing?

 

       The screen glowed in her face as she replied.

 

Fine. Have to look for dinner since parents aren’t home.

 

       As if on cue, her stomach growled. She walked downstairs and the t.v. Beep! Beep! 

 

I’ll bring you dinner if you tell me your address.

 

      Myeong smiled as her fingers typed across the keyboard.

 

**********

 

      Myeong looked up at the digital clock sitting on top of the t.v. stand. “It’s eight-thirty...where the hell-” she got cut off when the doorbell rang. She hurried to the door and opened it. Taemin smiled and held up a plastic bag.  “Kimchi stew and rice.” he informed her. She smiled greatly and took the bag. As she went to the kitchen to prepare the food, Taemin took off his shoes and locked the door behind him. He wondered to himself why she was alone.

      “Thanks so much, Taemin.” Myeong called out from the kitchen. 

 

      “It’s no problem,” he called back. He walked towards the t.v. and examined the baby pictures of Myeong. 

 

      “Don’t look at those!” Myeong groaned as she appeared with two plates of food. 

 

      “But you were cute back then.” he chuckled as he took his plate and smiled. 

 

      “Was cute?” she laughed, sitting down on the couch, already eating.

 

      “Now you’ve grown up beautiful.” he pointed out, sitting next to her. She smirked and they watched t.v. 

 

       It was now 11PM and they had watched movies all night. Taemin cleared his throat and sat up. “Myeong... even though it’s early... I like you.” 

No answer came to Taemin. He took a deep breath and looked over at Myeong who was sound asleep. Taemin forced a smile as he grabbed a nearby blanket, draping it across Myeong. She lightly stirred in her sleep. “D-Dong...woon.” 

      Taemin frowned as he looked at her sleeping. She was cute when she slept, she looked like an angel. How could an angel like her possibly be with a devil like Dongwoon? Taemin her soft hair and sighs. He falls asleep next to her.

 

**********

 

      Myeong groaned as she woke up, rubbing her neck. “Shouldn’t have fallen asleep on the couch.” she looked over at Taemin and smiled. He looked like an innocent child. She sat there entranced by him, then snapped out of it when her eyes glanced over at the clock. It was 11:35AM. 

She jolted up off the couch, waking up Taemin. He rubbed his eyes and groaned. “What’s going on?” Taemin yawned. He fixed his hair as he waited for a reply. Myeong came back out putting toothpaste on her toothbrush.

      “I’m meeting Dongwoon today at twelve.” she said, hurrying back to the bathroom. Taemin did not want to start off his day hearing his name. He sighed as he got up and folded the blanket, setting it on the back of the couch. The doorbell rang and Taemin went to answer it. He opened the door to see Dongwoon. They both stared at each other in disbelief. 

      Dongwoon was the first to act. “Why the hell are you here, kid?!” He quickly stepped in, but before he could lay a finger on Taemin. Myeong came out wearing dark jeans and a grey pullover sweater that said Paris Love in fancy cursive. She brushed  her slightly wavy hair with her hand. Both guys stared at her entrance into the room.

      “Sorry I’m early...” Dongwoon confessed. Myeong shook her head and smiled.

 

      “It’s completely fine.” she urged.

 

      “Should we go? The earlier we leave, the earlier the fun.” Dongwoon suggested, glancing over at Taemin. 

 

      “Yeah, sure.” she replied, grabbing her house key from the side table.

 

       They stepped out of the front door, Myeong locking it behind her. The three walked out onto the sidewalk. “Yah! Myeong-ah!” Myeong’s ears perked when she heard this voice; Taeyeon’s voice. She turned around to see Taeyeon walking towards them. She was holding hands with her boyfriend, Kim Jonghyun. He was a little bit taller than her, but not a lot. His brown hair complimenting Taeyeon’s hair.

       Smiling in sync, they walked towards the three. Taeyeon stares at Dongwoon in confusion, the she lights up. “Dongwoon...Son Dongwoon?”

 

       He smiled and nodded. “Long time no see, Taeyeon-ah.”

 

       Jonghyun pats Taemin’s shoulder to get his attention. “Yo, maknae, we got dance practice as usual, right?”

 

       “Yeah, hyung.” Taemin replied.

 

       “Dance?” Dongwoon scoffed.

 

       “Yeah, Taemin here is our dancing machine.”

 

       “I’ve got to see this.”

 

       “Tae is our lead dancer-” Jonghyun began, but was cut off by Taeyeon.

 

       “And I’m dating the lead singer.” she added with a wink. Jonghyun smiled.

 

       Dongwoon snickers. “We have to see this.” 

 

       “You’re welcome to come by and watch at the school’s theatre at four.” Jonghyun said with a smile. 

 

       “We’ll go right, Dongwoon-ah?” Myeong said happily.

 

       “Well if you don’t mind, we have a date to attend to before their practice.” Taeyeon informed them, resting her head on Jonghyun’s shoulder. He kissed her head and they said their goodbyes. 

 

       “Mannatda banhaetda~ Keuyeo-ege banhaetda~ Chaeoeum boneun y~” Jonghyun sang loudly as they walked away. Taemin couldn’t help but laugh at his hyung’s outburst. His laugh faded when he made eye contact with Dongwoon. 

       “I should get going and add in some practice time before...I’ll see you later?” Taemin said with a fake smile.

 

       “We’ll see you later, Taemin.” Myeong said with a smile and a wave. He waved back and went on his way.

 

       Dongwoon and Myeong were walking around in different shops and ended up in an accessory shop. Myeong looked around at the headbands, trying on different ones and looking at herself in the mirror. Dongwoon was looking at the different sunglasses and looked over at Myeong and smiled when he saw her trying on a red bow headband. She looked over at him with a big smile on her face. “Do you like that one?” he asked her, walking toward where she stood. She frowned and shook her head. 

      “No, I’m just trying on things for fun,” she claimed. “Besides, I don’t have money to be wasting my money on little things when I could be buying necessities.” She pouted as she put the headband back on the shelf and began to walk out of the store. 

      “Yah!” Dongwoon called for a salesperson. “I want to buy this.” He yelled as he picked up the headband. 

 

      Myeong waited outside of the store waiting for Dongwoon. “Where’d he go?” she said, irritated. Soon, he came out with a grin growing on his face and his hands  behind his back. Myeong raised her eyebrows and tried to look at what he was hiding but he spun out of the way. “Yah! What’re you hiding?” she asked.               He quickly placed the headband on her head, his smile getting bigger as she reached up and took the headband off her head. It was the same headband that she tried on earlier.

       She looked up at him in bewilderment. “Y-You didn’t have to get this!”

 

      He shrugged and smiled, taking back the headband and putting it back on her head. “It’s a present from me.”

     

      “Well, thank you!” she said, tilting her head to the side and smiling. Dongwoon smiles back and looks at his watch. 

 

      “We should start heading over there,” He sighed. “It’s three-thirty.”

 

      Myeong nods and they leave, walking toward’s the school theatre. Dongwoon glanced over at Myeong’s headband and then at her. She looked beautiful with it, but when has she not been beautiful? He thought to himself. She’s always been beautiful in his eyes. He wanted to make her his. He wanted to protect her, and be affectionate towards her, but that Taemin kid was getting in the way. All because Dongwoon left to Japan, he felt betrayed by her. 

 

      They arrived at the school’s gate to find them already unlocked. Myeong pulled on Dongwoon’s arm and they went inside towards the theatre in the middle of the campus. As they walked closer, they could hear the faint beating music and lyrics of “Replay~ Replay~ Replay~” They reached the doors and Myeong slightly opened the door seeing Taemin dancing along with the rhythm. He looked determined and intimidating when he danced. Every so often he would wipe away the sweat that drenched his forehead, showing how long he had been dancing. Myeong was, yet again, entranced by him and his graceful movements with the song. She wondered how could anybody move like that so freely and on beat. 

 

      Myeong was startled when she heard someone clear their throat behind her. She turned around and saw two guys standing there smirking at her. One looked like they kept their best in their looks and the other was taller and athletically built. Myeong recognized these people as the school’s Almighty Diva Key and the star athlete Minho. She quickly steps next to Dongwoon, letting them pass into the theatre. “Who’re they?” Dongwoon questioned.

 

      “The athletic looking one was Minho. He’s into every sport.” she explained. “And the other one was Key, he’s known as the Diva and Trickster of the school. He’s very straight-forward and sometimes harsh.”

 

       Another guy made his way towards the entrance and awkwardly smiled and bowed to them before entering the theatre. “That’s Onew...he graduated last year with Jonghyun. He’s very clumsy and sometimes socially awkward.” Myeong whispered to Dongwoon. 

       Myeong was amazed that these types of people, who have different hobbies, personalities, and characteristics, came together as a group. They were all completely different people with one goal: to perform together. 

     

       “Ready for the show?” Jonghyun said as he and Taeyeon walked up to them hand in hand. Dongwoon opened the door and they all went inside of the theatre. Key was the first to greet them with a loud “Annyeong~!” He then motioned them to sit in the front with his hand, which they obediently do. Onew, Taemin, and Minho were talking amongst themselves as Taemin was taking a quick break. Jonghyun sits Taeyeon down, Dongwoon doing the same for Myeong.

       “Oh, I’m so sorry but I have to break you two lovebirds apart.” Key said sarcastically as he pushed Jonghyun onto the stage.

     

       “Yah!! YAH! I’m going!” Jonghyun said irritably. 

 

       Taeyeon nudges Myeong’s arm and whispered to her.  “They’re really amazing!” Dongwoon overhears this and scoffs. 

 

       “Enjoy the show~!” Onew says with a bow. The five boys stand in the position for the song Replay. As the music starts, so does their perfectly timed and rhythmic dancing begin. They flawlessly transition to their spots throughout the dance, and in the mean time they all sing wonderfully. Whenever it was Jonghyun’s turn, he would come out and serenade Taeyeon who laughed in return. Myeong felt a sting of jealousy as she watched her friend laugh. Soon, the song ended and they were all sweaty. Myeong and Taeyeon excitedly clap and the boys break out of water breaks. 

       “Yeobo~” Jonghyun sings as he jumps down from the stage, walking towards Taeyeon again. Onew and Key are digging through their bags, searching for water, while Minho is talking to them while stretching his legs. Myeong noticed that Taemin had snuck out the back door near the stage.

       “Dongwoon! Come talk to me, I haven’t seen you in ages!” Taeyeon ushered him. He chuckled as he got up and went over to them. 

 

        Myeong snuck outside to see Taemin. She saw him pacing back and forth with a concerned look on his face. “Taemin, what’s wrong?” she asked. He stopped and looked up at her, then shook his head. He stands in front of her and rubs the back of his neck.

       “Even though it’s early, I like you...I want to be with you.” he confessed, his cheeks getting redder as each second passed. 

 

       “I-I...” Myeong stuttered. Her cheeks began to get noticeably red and she looked away. Then the door slammed wide open. 

 

       “YAH!! She’s mine, kid!” Dongwoon yelled, infuriated. He quickly punched Taemin on the side of his face, powerful enough to send Taemin onto the ground. Myeong shrieked, summoning everyone outside to see what the commotion was. Dongwoon went to go attack Taemin again but Minho and Jonghyun pinned back his arms. Key ran in front of Myeong to prevent her from getting hurt and Taeyeon and Onew quickly tended to Taemin, who gets up and wipes the blood that was trickling down his lip. 

       “DONGWOON!!” Myeong yelled. His head snapped over to look at her. “Why?!”

 

       “Because you’re mine!” he yelled back at her. Myeong glared at him. She wanted to attack him but Key held her back. 

 

       “How dare you say that! You can’t just claim me like some item!” she hissed at him, walking towards Taemin, and helping him into the theatre to treat his wounds.

 

       “MYEONG-AH!!” he yelled as she and the others walked in. “YAH! MYEONG-AH!!!!”

 

       She completely ignored him. He couldn’t help it but he felt like his heart would just give out. It pained him so much to know the girl that he loved, had ignored him and went with someone else. He landed on the ground with his knees. He wanted to cry, but his body didn’t let him. “Why is it him and not me?” he wondered out loud. Dongwoon got up and tried to walk, stumbling onto the nearby wall. “AISH!” he yelled as he punched the wall; scratching his knuckles, making them bleed a little.

       He started to walk his way to his house mumbling “Myeong-ah... why does my heart ache when I fall in love with a beauty...you?”