08- Phew!

Inseparable

 Chapter Eight:

‘Jessica? Is that you?’ Joon asked disbelievingly as he stared wide-eyed at the both of them. His thoughts went wild as Jessica and Jonghyun remained in lip-lock. Was he not a good enough boyfriend for Jessica? Did he do anything to hurt Jessica? Thoughts like those mentioned above swirled in Joon’s head as he stood there, rooted to the spot.

Jessica blinked as she recovered from the shock that she was sent into when she heard Joon. , I am so screwed, Jessica thought as she pushed a smirking Jonghyun off her. Damn that Jonghyun.

‘Are you cheating on me, Jessica?’ Joon asked, hurt. Watching that scene play right in front of his eyes was like sending him to the pits of hell. It killed him to see Jessica kissing someone else. A guy, who was not him.

‘No, I’m not. I swear, oppa, this is a huge misunderstanding. I’m not and never will cheat on you, you know me! This really isn't what it seems! I swear!’ Jessica pleaded with Joon to see the truth as she stumbled towards him. She was on the verge of a panic attack as she noted Joon’s disbelieving facial expression.

‘I don’t know… Jessica.’ Joon hesitated as he looked at everywhere but her. He didn’t know what to believe. Should he trust what he saw or believe in what Jessica said? I don’t know…God, this is so frustrating.

‘You two would make really good actors for a drama, you know? Jonghyun commented from his corner-- his presence momentarily forgotten with the hullabaloo of assuring Joon. Jonghyun definitely didn’t like the way Jessica rushed over to assure Joon. She looked so pathetic for him and that hurt him deep. Jessica had never been like that for him before and Jonghyun couldn’t help but feel jealous at the sight before him.

‘Can you please keep quiet, Jonghyun?’ Jessica enunciated her words slowly as she seethed in anger. Jonghyun was the cause of this problem and not only was he not helping her, but he was only making the whole situation worse with his comments and whatnots. Typical Jonghyun behavior, remember, Jessica?

‘What? I didn’t do anything wrong.’ Jonghyun defended himself as he shrugged his shoulders. His answer only pushed Jessica nearer and nearer to her breaking point.

‘YOU DIDN’T DO ANYTHING WRONG? YOU KISSED ME! YOU FREAKING MORON!’ Jessica shouted at him, livid beyond belief. This was no longer the cool and collected Jessica that everyone knew. This was a fuming mad Jessica who had invisible smoke coming out from her ears.

‘It was just a kiss.’ Jonghyun said lazily as he stifled a yawn.

‘YOU IDIOT! IT’S NOT JUST A KISS, OKAY? YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE! I’M NOT STUPID ALRIGHT?’ came Jessica’s heated reply as she stalked towards him with daggers in her eyes. She was going to end his life then and there. Noticing that, Joon stepped in. He wasn’t stupid enough to not know that Jessica was going to do something really drastic.

‘Jessica, calm down. I believe you. Don’t let Jonghyun get onto your nerves. He’s just being an . Don't let him get to you, alright?’ Joon said softly into Jessica’s ear as he hugged her tight. The moment his words came out, Jessica stopped struggling and started to calm herself down. Breathe in, breathe out.

‘Do you really believe me, oppa?’ Jessica asked Joon as she pulled back to look at him straight in the eyes. Not backing down from her gaze, he nodded his head.

‘I trust you.’

From his corner, Jonghyun smirked with self-satisfaction as he observed their reconciliation. He hadn’t known what to expect from the both of them and so, you could say that step one of his grand plan was just a mere test. Jonghyun wanted to know how strong both Joon’s and Jessica’s relationship was and he now got his answer. Their relationship was rock hard and it was definitely not going to be easy to break them apart. Having fulfilled what he had came here for, Jonghyun left without a backward glance as he planned out step two of his plan in his head.

You’ll be seeing more of me soon. That’s for sure.

-//-

‘Sunbae! How did it go?’ Sulli asked expectantly as she hopped off her seat when she spotted Jonghyun exiting from the lift. She been fidgeting around for the past half and hour and it was starting to attract looks from others.

‘Oh it was perfect.’ Jonghyun answered dismissively with an evil smirk on his face.

‘Really? Did they break up? Omo! Joon oppa is going to be mine soon!’ Sulli squealed with excitement as she did a happy dance at Jonghyun’s answer. Joon is going to be mine~ Joon is going to be mine~

‘Aniyo. They are still together.’ Jonghyun said, amused at the actions of the girl in front of him. What the hell is she doing?

‘W-what?’ Sulli stopped her dance halfway as she stared at Jonghyun in disbelief. ‘WHAT?’

‘Just because I said it went perfect, it doesn’t mean that they broke up. You shouldn’t jump to conclusions so quickly.’ Jonghyun clarified as he noted the change of expressions flit across her face.

‘Oh…’ Sulli replied, crestfallen as she looked down. She was just so excited at Jonghyun’s answer that she had immediately assumed that the both Jessica and Joon were no longer attached. Sulli tried to hold her tears back as she played with her fingers. She was just so disappointed. Joon oppa… when will you ever come to me?

‘Don’t worry. You will get your Joon oppa soon. I promise.’

Step two is going to be a tad bit more exciting…

-//-

What a psychotic, evil ! Stupid Hara! Warning me to stay away from Jaejoong oppa when SHE should be the one. Oblivious moron, Sunny ranted in her head as she wandered around the SM building aimlessly. Sunny had cleared all the schedules she had today to spend some time with Jaejoong but it turned out that he had last minute plans instead. It was just so hard to spend some time with her boyfriend these days. Aish, I’m so bored…

‘Sunny? Are you okay? You look a little…dazed.’ A voice broke her train of thoughts as she looked up towards the speaker. Standing in front of her was none other than her best friend—Sungmin.

‘Sungmin oppa!’ Sunny squealed with excitement as she ran towards Sungmin’s open arms.

‘I take it that you missed me a lot.’ Sungmin chuckled as he hugged Sunny back.

‘Of course! You’re my best friend! How can I not miss you?’ Sunny questioned him childishly as she pouted and crossed her arms in mock anger.

‘Aigoo. You’re just like a child, neh? So, what’s with your dazed look just now?’’ Sungmin asked his best friend, concerned.

‘Yah! I’m a grown woman already! I’m really okay, oppa. Just bored.’ Sunny answered with a sigh. She was usually so busy with promotions and practice that she hardly had any time to rest. Now that she had spare time, she didn’t know what to do. Ironic, isn't it?

‘You’re lucky that your oppas are free today! Wanna hang out?’ Sungmin suggested with a twinkle in his eyes, knowing that his answer would definitely perk Sunny up. Super Junior had just finished their latest promotions and as a reward, their manager had awarded them with a day's break. However, because it came so surprisingly, the Suju members did not have anything planned and hence, they were currently cooped up in their dorms with nothing to do. A small outing would definitely do the trick, Sungmin summed up as he started planning mentally.

‘Sure!’ Sunny answered enthusiastically. Grinning widely, she stood on her tiptoes and ruffled his hair, knowing that Sungmin would get angry. She had definitely remembered that Sungmin didn’t like anyone touching his hair. He loves his hair so much that no one was allowed to touch it, with the only excpetion of the hairdressers. Even he, himself didn’t dare touch his own hair for fear of messing it up. ‘Thanks oppa!’

‘YAH! YOU KNOW I DON’T LIKE PEOPLE TOUCHING MY HAIR!’

‘Merong!’ Sunny stuck her tongue out and ran away with a pissed off Sungmin hot on her tail. To other bystanders, the both of them really looked like a young couple who were blissfully in love.

-//-

‘Changmin, when does practice end today?’ Jaejoong asked the maknae as the five of them made their way to their arranged practice room.

‘Five.’ The maknae replied promptly as he opened the bag of potato chips that he had brought along.

Five… that means practice last for four hours only. I can spring a surprise visit on Sunny later! She looked so pissed just now and it’s all because of me. She was looking forward to our date but I just had to burst her happy bubble. God, I’m such a lousy boyfriend. Yeah! That’s settled. I’ll visit her later. We can go out for dinner together too!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A really short and boring update. Mianhae. I typed this chapter on the sly again so pardon the grammatical and spelling errors, alright? Next chapter is going to be more interesting and there’s going to be sunsun moments too! So, sunsun lovers, look out for the next update okay?

And also, just to share with you guys, my goal for this fanfic is to reach 50 subscribers. We have already crossed the halfway mark so guys, please continue to subscribe okay? Let me fulfill my wish! xD

That’s all. Please remember to leave a comment too! Thanks truckloads <3