07- Trouble

Inseparable

Chapter Seven:

‘So, oppa, where do you want to go for our date later?’ Sunny asked her boyfriend as they walked side by side, out of the cafeteria. They were both going out on a date later but had yet to decide on a location.

‘I don’t really know. Any suggestions?’ Jaejoong replied as he thought of places to visit. Their schedules were jam-packed these days. They had to hold concerts, promote their albums and of course, write more songs for their upcoming albums. To say that they weren’t stressed one bit would be a huge understatement.

‘I heard that there’s a new mall in town. Wanna check it out?’ Sunny asked Jaejoong excitedly as she held onto Jaejoong’s arm with a twinkle in her eyes. Shopping was one of her favourite things to do and she really hadn’t done any shopping for herself since ages ago. This would not only give her an opportunity to relax, but also give her entire wardrobe a makeover.

‘Sure.’ Jaejoong readily complied once he saw how the mere thought of shopping made his girlfriend so happy. Anything for her…

‘Thanks so much!’ Sunny squealed with excitement as she clasped her hands together and made a cute face. Noticing that, Jaejoong laughed and ruffled her hair.

‘Jaejoong oppa!’ an annoyingly high-pitched voice called out, hence stopping the both of them in their tracks. Jaejoong was obviously curious as to who it was while Sunny was frowning unhappily. Must be one of his irritating fan girls…

‘Oppa,’ the girl said sweetly as she stopped in front of Jaejoong. Both Jaejoong’s and Sunny’s eyes widened as recognition dawned upon them. Hara.

‘What do you want?’ Jaejoong asked her icily. He still hadn’t forgotten what Hara did to Sunny in the past and he was definitely not going to forgive her unless Sunny does. And to add onto that fact, she was simply annoying like hell.

‘Why are you so cold, oppa? Anyway, I am visiting SME today. So can you please show me around? I don’t want to get lost in this building.’ Hara pouted as she looked at Jaejoong with huge bambi eyes. She was obviously lying—Hara had already been to SME so many times that she would never get lost even if her eyes were blindfolded. Jaejoong, obviously not knowing that point, agreed hesitantly. It would be rude to reject her like that, won’t it? It’s her first time here after all.

Grinning widely, Hara hooked her arm through his and pushed Sunny away. ‘I win.’ Hara whispered into Sunny’s ear as the latter watched her through narrowed eyes. At that, Sunny resisted the urge to burst out laughing. She wins? What a joke. She still doesn’t know that we are dating. Moron, Sunny thought as she crossed her arms. Smirking once more, Hara turned her back on Sunny and walked off, pulling Jaejoong along with her.

‘Sorry.’ Jaejoong mouthed to Sunny as he looked over his shoulder with pleading eyes. Rolling her eyes back at him, she followed after them. Looks like we may not get to go to that shopping mall…

-//-

‘Oppa, can I try these clothes on?’ Hara asked Jaejoong as they stood in SNSD’s dressing room. Throughout the entire past hour, she had been asking Jaejoong endlessly, questions about every single room in SM. And if they happened to walk by one room which interests her, in this case, SNSD’s dressing room, they would have to stop by and let Hara do her wandering if they didn’t want to hear her whines.

‘No, you obviously can’t.’ Jaejoong said as he rolled his eyes. He was beyond pissed. He knew that Hara knew all too well that Sunny was in SNSD and that she was only doing this to get onto Sunny’s nerves. My poor Sunny, Jaejoong thought as he glanced at a now fuming mad Sunny. Sunny was trying her very best to calm herself down while clenching her fists to prevent herself from lashing out at Hara.

‘Why not?’ Hara asked Jaejoong as she pouted at him. ‘All these clothes are so pretty…’

‘Because I said so.’ Jaejoong answered seriously as he walked out of the room without a backward glance. Frowning, Hara ran after him. She was smart enough to know that she shouldn’t whine or complain.

Thanks, Jaejoong oppa. You’re a really great boyfriend…

-//-

‘Jae hyung! Where were you? We were searching high and low for you!’ Changmin complained as his hyung entered DBSK’s dorm with two girls following behind him. He recognized Sunny, but didn’t know who the other girl was.

‘Waeyo?’ Jaejoong asked uninterested, as he kept a close watch on Hara. Jaejoong was extremely particular of the cleanliness of DBSK’s dorm and he certainly didn’t like outsiders touching their things.

‘Manager informed us just a while ago that we have an impromptu practice scheduled in half and hour’s time.’ Changmin replied lazily as he continued munching on his potato chips.

‘What?!’ Jaejoong exclaimed out loud. He was disappointed, no doubt about that. Jaejoong had been looking forward to spending this free day with Sunny but he just couldn’t get his way.

‘You heard me. We have a practice session.’

‘Well then, I’ve got to get ready. Sorry Hara, but it’s time to go. You too, Sunny.’ Jaejoong said to the both of them although his attention was directed solely on Sunny. ‘Mianhaeyo. I’ll make up to you, somehow,’ he mouthed to a disappointed Sunny. Noticing that, she shrugged her shoulders as a form of acknowledgement before exiting the dorm. Hara, noticing that, whined for a while before she hurried after Sunny.

Once outside the boy’s dorm, Hara’s so called innocent and cute personality changed, paving way for the real her beneath all that facade. ‘Yah! !’ she called out. Sunny, having heard that and knowing that the statement was also directed at her, flinched and stopped mid-step.

‘You better get this in that thick head of yours,’ Hara said menacingly as she pulled Sunny around to face her. ‘Stop dreaming alright? Jaejoong DOES NOT LIKE YOU. STOP CLINGING ONTO HIM. He’s MINE and MINE ONLY. SO, GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HIM!

Shaken but pretending otherwise, Sunny replied coolly, ‘I’m no longer that Lee Soon Kyu who will let you step all over her. Stop trying to threaten me because it’s definitely NOT GOING TO WORK!

-//-

‘Are you sure that this will work?’ Sulli asked Jonghyun worriedly. They were going to carry out step one of their plan and she was needless to say, scared silly.

‘Trust me, will you?’ Jonghyun answered, irritated. It was the umpteenth time that Sulli had asked the same question and it was starting to get onto his nerves.

‘Araso, araso.’

‘Remember what you’re supposed to do, okay? Distract Joon when he enters this building later. Don’t stop until I walk by.’ Jonghyun instructed firmly. What they were planning to do was simple--ruin the lovebirds’ date for today. It wasn’t originally part of Jonghyun’s grand plan but rather, an improvised one. A few days back, he had overheard Jessica talking to Joon about this date and Jonghyun was no doubt, not going to sit back and watch the both of them. He was going to ruin it.

‘Neh.’ Sulli nodded her head as she continued looking for Joon. Deep inside her, Sulli was excited. She was going to meet her idol for the second time round! Nothing could be better than that, ever. Moments later and just on time, Joon walked through the company building’s doors and proceeded to the lift lobby.

‘What are you waiting for? Go, go, go!’ Jonghyun urged her on as he pushed her forward.

-//-

‘Annyeonghaseyo, Joon oppa. Do you remember me?’ a small voice broke through Joon’s reverie as he waited for a lift. Raising his eyebrows, Joon looked at the girl. He immediately recognized her the moment his eyes landed on her. It was that stalker girl!

‘Annyeonghaseyo. You’re Su…Sulli right? What are you doing here?’ Joon asked her. He wasn’t exactly interested to know but he didn’t want to be rude.

‘I’m a trainee in SM! Don’t you remember?’ Sulli pouted. He didn’t remember…

‘Oh yeah. I forgot. Mianhae.’ Joon apologized as he looked down and ran a hand through his brown hair. The atmosphere was getting kind of awkward and the silence was getting rather unnerving. Both of them didn’t know what to say as they continued staring onto the floor. Is it me or is the floor exceptionally clean today?

‘Uh, Joon oppa. Do you want to grab a bite or something?’ Sulli asked hurriedly as her inner devil reminded her, once again, of her mission.

‘No thanks. I’m here to see someone actually.’ Joon said frankly as he glanced at the elevator once more. Why is it taking so long?

‘Oh, who is it?’ Sulli asked in mock interest. Her insides had flared up with anger at his sentence. Joon was here for Jessica, that she knew without him informing her.

‘Oh, you don’t need to know.’

‘Come on, oppa! Tell me please?’ Sulli begged Joon as she did some aegyo on the spot.

‘Aniyo. You really don’t need to know…’ Joon persisted. If he had told Sulli that he was actually here for Jessica, she would immediately know that something’s going on between the both of them. And when that happens, their secret would be spilled out for sure.

‘Aw, please oppa? Please?’ Sulli insisted as Jonghyun walked by with a smirk on his face. Entirely caught up in the moment, Joon hadn’t realized that there was actually an empty lift available.

-//-

To be honest, that girl did a really good job, Jonghyun thought as he made his way towards SNSD’s dorm. Jessica was, as expected, standing outside, waiting for Joon. She looks so beautiful today…The maroon dress that she was wearing contrasted her fair skin and the make-up she had on accentuated her features.

‘Hi Jessica. All dolled up, eh?’ Jonghyun asked with a smirk on his face.

‘You’re final—oh. What are you doing here?’ Jessica’s smile fell once she saw that the speaker was Jonghyun and not Joon.

‘Disappointed?’ Jonghyun asked mockingly. Inside him, his heart actually ached. The girl he loves so much wasn’t happy to see him. Nothing could possibly hurt more than that.

‘Of course!’ Jessica scoffed as she crossed her arms. She didn’t want to ever see him. Jonghyun’s presence only served to bring back all her past memories that she didn’t want to remember, memories that she wanted to lock up in one corner of her head. Jonghyun was her first love and he broke her heart. Nothing he said or did now will be able to make up for the pain he had given her back then. He was also one of the contributing factors behind the ice, cold image that she portrayed. He had left a scar on her.

‘Look, I’m really sorry all right? That day was an accident, I swear.’ Jonghyun said softly. He did wrong and he knew that very well.

‘Yeah right. An accident? That’s nonsense, I tell you! I saw it with my very own eyes! By saying that, are you trying to imply that I have eyesight problems? Wo…’ Jessica’s words were cut short when Jonghyun took her arm and pinned her against the wall.

‘What the hell a-re you doing?’ Jessica stuttered as she looked at Jonghyun nervously. This side of Jonghyun has always scared her.

Looking at her straight in the eyes, he lowered his mouth onto hers, while never once breaking eye contact. Jessica’s eyes widened more and more as seconds passed but Jonghyun’s lips still remained on hers. His eyes were closed and he appeared to be savoring the moment.

‘Jessica?’

Oh .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: FINALLY AN UPDATE! I feel so proud of myself! :D I had to type this chapter sneakily so don’t mind the grammatical and spelling errors, thanks! :D School’s HELL. We already have tests, graded assignments, projects, quizzes and more homework! And I literally spent the past few weeks mugging my head off. I need a break ): And to add onto that, my life is a huge mess now. ):

Oh yeah, I AM NOT GIVING UP ON THIS FIC, okay? I just don’t have the time to update, that’s all. In fact, I think the next time I will be able to update will be a few weeks later, when it’s Chinese New Year (: And, to sort of express my guilt for not updating and all, I have decided to publish my latest oneshot on CNY! :D It’s titled Something called FAME and the main characters are Junhyung and Sunny :)

Sunshiners, are you all excited?! Haha :D I sure am! I love writing oneshots! (: In fact, if any of you readers want an oneshot, you can request from me! I would be more than glad to write one for you :D [I’m in the midst of collaborating with some AFFers to come up with a oneshot request shop too! xD]

Lastly, to all my dear subscribers, readers and commenters: Thanks so much for your endless support! I promise you all that I’ll try to update as much as I can. Stick with me, alright? 

Please remember to comment too! :D Kamsahamnida!