Love's Electricity!

Love's Electricity!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Did love need a spark?

That’s the question I was stumped on.

Did love have to be between soulmates? People that could feel tingly shocks of electricity between them if their skin touched their significant others?

I thought that was true, but my boyfriend -- Yong Junhyung -- answered that for me.

So did love really need that spark? Let’s find out…

------------------------------
Narrator’s P.O.V:

 

-Lunch Break-

“Oh my Junhyung, did you see the new magazines?” You laughed with your friends, Bom, CL (or Chaerin), Dara, and Minzy.

“Are you for real, _______? You’re obsessed with your boyfriend to the point that you insert Junhyung’s name in ‘Oh my god’?” CL rolled her eyes.

“There’s no problem with that, Chaerin! ______ Unnie is just lovestruck, that’s all~” Sandara giggled happily.

“YAH, DARA! Don’t call me by my real name. I’m CL.” Chaerin smirked while pointing to herself.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, Chaerinnie!” Minzy grinned.

“MINZYYYY!!!” CL wailed.

“Yah, yah! ______’s love life and your childish nicknames aren’t relevant now!” Bom yelled, trying to put order in the immature fight.

Everyone stopped fighting for a second. “Re-le-vant? What’s that?” Minzy asked confusedly.

“I have no idea.” You replied with your head cocked to one side.

“Huh?” Chaerin and Dara both looked at each other and back at Bom, waiting for an explanation.

“Oh wait, I forgot all of you were idiots. Let me rephrase that. Yah, yah! ______’s love life and your childish nicknames aren’t important now!” Bom said coolly.

“Ohhhh…” You all said in understanding. “Wait… idiots?” You said, scrunching your face up at Bom.

Bom just innocently flipped through a magazine.

“Hehe… Let’s just flip through some new magazines, alright?” Dara smiled to ease the tension.

“Fine.” You huffed and picked up the newest issue of a trendy magazine label.

You were humming “Clap” by idol sensation, Teen Top, when you stopped at an interesting article.

“Hey guys, look at this!” You said and showed them to the article.

“99% of Couples and Romance Specialists Say that Couples Need to have a Spark!” You read aloud.

“Read the article!” Chaerin urged.

“Well, it says that romance specialist, Madam Kwon, says that all couples have to have some sort of tingly, electric feeling when they have skinship or touch each other’s hand or something like that. If they don’t have the spark, then they’re not meant to be.” You replied while scanning through the article.

“It also has a poll that says that 99% of couples had a spark and got married!” Minzy said in awe.

“Well to me, it looks fishy. What happens to the couples that don’t have a spark?” Bom asked.

“You heard the article, it says that the couples that don’t have a spark are either not meant to be or will be dumped by one another!” Dara replied.

“I still don’t think this article speaks the truth.” Bom said while looking at the article suspiciously. “I mean, isn’t that disheartening to the couples with no spark?” She questioned.

“It’s an article, Bom-ah. Don’t take it so seriously.” CL laughed.

“Hey, excuse me for stating the truth.” Bom sarcastically replied.

Everyone laughed.

“Hey, so do you and Junhyung seobangnim have a spark?” Sandara giggled.

“Yah! Don’t call Junhyung Oppa ‘seobangnim’.” You pouted.

“Why? ’Seobangnim’ means ‘husband’! You guys are gonna get married sooner or later, right?” Dara said teasingly.

You blushed cherry red. “We’re only in middle school! We’re only thirteen!”

“So? Age is nothing but numbers!” Bom said kiddingly.

“I agree!” Minzy joined in while putting an arm around you.

You jokingly shook her arm off. “Guys~!” You whined.

“Fine, just answer our question then. Does the married couple have a spark?” Bom asked as well.

“I don’t know. I’ve never paid attention!” You replied truthfully.

“Well, you should try it after school.” Chaerin grinned.

“And tell us the juicy details tomorrow!” Minzy agreed.

“Now what are you girlies talking about here?” A male voice said.

All five of you spun your heads around to face Lee Jonghyun, the player of the school, and his three best friends, Jungshin, Yonghwa, and Minhyuk.

“What do you think you’re doing here, Lee Jonghyun?” Dara changed from cute and preppy to witty and menacing.

“You can stop with the formalities, Sweetie. Just Jonghyun Oppa is fine.” He smirked while reaching to touch Dara’s face mockingly. Jonghyun’s friends snickered.

Fortunately, you had quick reflexes and you slapped Jonghyun’s hand before he could touch Dara.

“Don’t. Touch. Dara.” You stood up and glared daggers at him.

“Oh, my precious little _______-ah. Just who I was looking for.” Jonghyun smirked at you and went closer to your face. You stood your ground.

“You know, the offer to be my girlfriend for this week is still on.” He whispered as you shivered.

“I’ve told you many times already, Jonghyun, and I’m going to tell you again. Number one, I’m not a toy that you can just play around with and throw away like any of your other ‘girlfriends’ if that’s what you call them. I’m a freaking human being. Second, I’m dedicated to Yong Junhyung and him only, if you haven’t noticed. He’s my boyfriend and we’re DATING.” You replied as calmly as you could.

“Yeah, so don’t think you can mess around with ______-ah.” Chaerin and Minzy backed me up while Bom just sneered at him and his group.

Dara taunted Minhyuk, Yonghwa and Jungshin and they glared back.

“Psh, what’s s

Please log in to read the full chapter