Day 1

Complicated Love

Her eyes was still swollen because crying last night.

It was two days after the hospital let her go home.

But again, everything doesn't meant anything for her.

Nothing was mean for her anymore.

Nothing.

She looked outside the window in her room, the sun shine so perfect but Hyoyeon couldn't feel anything.

She felt numb, her legs are numb.

How she wanted to cry again, but her tears have dried and she can't let out a single drop of tears.

Perfect, she thought bitterly, biting her lower lips, even tears stop coming out.

She knew she has been a stupid person for mourning of her life. But that's what she can do. Nothing else she can do except mourning and mourning. She closed her eyes, and remembering.

#FLASHBACK

Junior High School

"HYO! YOU WON THE DANCE COMPETITION!" Hyuna, her friends congratulating her.

"You won first place!" Yuri, her other friends, congratulating her.

"I know!!" Hyoyeon, herself excitedly saying.

Senior High School

"You really improved, Miss Kim. I could tell you're going to win the first place," Her teacher commented, and she smiled

Afterall, it comes true. She won the first place. As expected, all congratulating her.

After the accident...

Hyoyeon was sleeping or pretended to sleep in her hospital room, and she could hear her teacher from her college come to visit.

"It was such a waste," Her teacher commented. "She is a great dancer."

"I know," Her mom reply in depressed.

"But I came her not only to visit her.. but the Deans told me to told you that she is expelled." The teacher said, looking down. From her voice, it was sad because Hyoyeon is her favourite student. But she can't go against the Deans. "She was accepted because her skilled in dancing, but she... she has lost it,"

Her mom looked in shocked and slapped the teacher.

Hyoyeon keep her eyes close, she has clenched her fist and gritted her teeth for not making any sound.

"I deserved the slap. You may slap me more," The teacher said.

But her mom cried in sadness. "Why is this happening to my daughter?"

Hyoyeon could feel her heart torn away as she heard her mom cried, but she pretended to sleep.

#END OF FLASHBACK

Hyoyeon opened her eyes, looking at the bright sky.  She is sitting on her wheelchair, and not planning to move a bit.

"Honey, you should eat," Her mom called.

Hyoyeon kept silent.

Walking away in depressed, her mom looked at her husband. "What are we going to do?"

"We can do nothing."

It was depressing for her parents to see her like that. But she just have no guts to look at them. Because she doesn't want to see their pain.

 

"Are you sure this would help Hyoyeon?" Mr. Kim asked his wife.

"I can't think of any other way! I should do this now, or never!" She shouted while trying to contact the number on the paper she was holding. "If he really wishes he could help her, maybe this is the way."

"But I still can't take the fact," Mr. Kim said.

"We should give him a chance! Can't you see that Hyoyeon getting thinier everyday?! I can't watch her dying and losing faith on her hopes!"

"I really wish we could find another method than this."

"Seriously, we don't have much time left. We don't know what Hyoyeon capacable of!"

"You're watching to much drama, Honey. I bet you're thinking she would do suicide."

"And what if she does?!" Mrs. Kim keep pushing the number on her phone before push the button 'call'.

"Hello?" A manly voice heard.

"Is this Lee Junho?"

"Yes, this is. Who am I speaking to?"

"I am Kim Hyoyeon's mother."

"Kim?- Oh! Are you agreeing with my offer?" He asked excitedly.

"I'm planning to let you," 

"I will not let you down, Ma'am," Junho said.

"Please come tomorrow morning if you can. I don't want to know what method you're going to use,  but I really wish you can make her smile."

"Does she not want to eat?" Junho asked worriedly.

"Yeah," Mrs. Kim reply. "Anyway, I have to go now." And she hung up.

Her husband look at her. "You trust him, right? Then I'll trust him too."

"I really wish he could..." She muttered.

 

Hyoyeon still gazing the world. 

The sky is still blue and sadly, not warming Hyoyeon's frozen heart. She has not been eating for few days, and she hopes that she will be dying as soon as possible. There's no point of living with her numb legs. That what was she thought. And she will think about it forever. 

A car stopped in front of her house and she grew her eyes bigger. She has ever seen that car, she thought, but that can't be! She snapped that thought and keep her sad eyes on.

A man in black leather jacket and black pants walked out and went to her house.

He is handsome, but she push that mind away.

There's no way she likes someone.

No one will like her back.

"Hi," The man walked in to Hyoyeon's room.

Hyoyeon turned in surprise. She keeps quiet.

"I am Lee Junho," He introduce himself.

She looked away.

"What's your name?"

She shrugged.

"I know your name, but I want you to say it," He said, comforting her.

"I..." Hyoyeon stopped, "I am Kim Hyoyeon," She said in low voice.

"Nice to meet you," He said.

Hyoyeon nodded.

"The reason I came here..." He looked at her, "Because I want to know more about you,"

"But I don't want to know anything more about you,"

"Oh, come on," He said, trying to be funny. "You would."

"Tell me the reason why you are here. I don't know who you are, and you suddenly came, saying you want to know more about me. Above it all... why after I got the accident?"

Junho keeps quiet for a while. "You... got an accident?" He asked, seems surprised.

"Can't you see where am I sitting?" Hyoyeon asked, pointing her wheelchair.

"What... happened?" He asked.

"I... I was going home after bought some stuff from the market when I crossed the roads, there were no cars. Unexpectedly, suddenly there was a car and... and here I am now.." She said.

"You know... even though life seems hard, but there's a lot of people who care for you. Now, eat, because those who care for you, wants you to be healthy."

"Who are you telling me to eat?"

"I am your new friend from now on, and I will make sure you will always be healthy." He said.

"...friends?" She dazed off. "After the accident, there were no one who come to visit me... I have no friends..." She mumbled silently. "After losing my legs, no one wants to make friends with me."

"That's why I'm here. As your new friend." Junho kneeled down beside her. "Please eat... for your parents. They were always caring for you... why don't you feel it?" Junho asked.

"I have disappointed them. I have no rights to eat or face them."

"Well, that's not what they told me. As I told them that I want to be friend with you... they told me to take care of you... so here I am, pleading you to eat." He smiled warmly. "But, I don't really have much time now. I will come back tomorrow. And when tomorrow comes, I want you already eat and that pale face of yours changed." He said, standing up and bowed, leaving her.

 

Dinner time comes, and Hyoyeon still sitting in her room, thinking what he said to her.

"Do you think she will come out to eat?" Mr. Kim asked his wife.

"I'm not sure, though. He left and said that he will come back tomorrow." Mrs. Kim replied.

As they were talking, Hyoyeon push the wheel on her wheelchair, heading to the dining room.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim heard the voice, and turned their head, watching their daughter coming.

Smile plasted on their face.

"Hyo, let's eat! Omma has made your favourite food!" Mrs. Kim said happily, pushing the wheelchair for her.

Hyoyeon hardly smile, but she does, and her parents followed her smile.

As she is eating, her mom teared up.

"Omma, why?" She asked.

"Finally, Hyo!" Mrs. Kim hugged Hyoyeon. "Finally you're talking to us and eating!"

Hyoyeon smiled. "I'm sorry for worrying you guys."

"Don't forget to smile like that again," Mr. Kim said.

Hyoyeon looked at her parents and realized what Junho said was right.

There were still people who care for her. Her parents.