Acceptance

Four Words

 

Jiyong held on tightly to the hand right besides his. He at the skin with his thumb and traced circles on it. He felt the hand clench and unclench, trying so hard to relax under the many eyes that were glued to them.

“It’s going to be okay,” he whispered quietly, but still loud enough for his companion to hear, “Trust me.”

Seungri turned to him, his eyes wide and nervous, “How do you know?”

 Jiyong felt the hand he was holding tense up and he intertwined their fingers, making sure Seungri stay put. He flashed the younger man a grin, “Because we’re in this together, aren’t we?”

Seungri stared at him and took a deep breath before returning him a smile, “Yeah…” he said, somewhat breathy, “We’re in this together.”

They heard their cue and they stepped forward, more into the light as the people continued to stare. They knew those eyes were scrutinizing, watching their every move, waiting for them to make a mistake. Jiyong didn’t care anymore.

Seungri on the other hand felt his nerves return and Jiyong felt bad for the younger man. Seungri was always the one who moved so fluidly and gracefully in the spotlight, and now, he was stiff and frozen. Jiyong didn’t like that.

So as soon as Seungri opened his mouth to say something, Jiyong dove in and captured Seungri’s mouth with his own. Jiyong felt him struggle, trying to push him off, but Jiyong was determined. He along Seungri’s lower lip and his hands were holding Seungri in place, with one s around the younger man’s waist and the other holding unto the back of Seungri’s neck.

Soon enough, he felt his panda relax, giving in, and returning the kiss enthusiastically. Jiyong smiled as he pulled back to breath and then leaned back down only to give Seungri’s nose a little kiss.

Around them, there was silence, and Jiyong looked up and smiled at everyone. Seungri, who woke up from his daze, blushed hard and covered his face with his hands. Jiyong’s hand was still on his waist, but he didn’t seem to mind so much anymore.

“I love this man,” Jiyong announced to everyone, “And I will love him for as long as I live. So I ask that… you accept us.”

Because this was the reason they were here. They were suppose to face the antis of their relationship, try to make the people understand. After all, they were older, wiser, and this… this relationship of theirs was something they would never regret even if it cost them their careers.

No one spoke, no one even breathed, until finally, the sound of someone clapping reached their ears. Soon, others joined in and the audience had stood up on their seats and applauded, yelling cheers of encouragement. There were others who had merely stood up on their seats and left the studio.

Seungri peeked out of his hands to find Jiyong holding him ever so gently with that smile on his face reserved only for him.

“I told you everything was going to be okay.”