Nightmare.

Don't Cry.

 

She's back at the port, blinded by the trail of blood escaping her from her forehead and a gun in her hand. Her grip's tight and the gun's faced in the direction of a man with no face. Though she doesn't know who this man is, she feels a mix of emotions ranging from anger to affection for him, she knows he's done something terrible to her, something that's hurt her terribly but she also knows that this man has nutured her, taken care of her...made her ramyun with eggs. 

Ahjussi

The word comes to her in a flash and suddenly there's a familiar face on the blank space that was his face. 

"Ahjussi."

She whispers the word and suddenly she's hit with a flood of memories. She falls to her knees, her palms to the floor. She looks up to find her surroundings gone, everything's been replaced by an endless wall of white, but still ahjussi stands in front of her. His expression's one of hurt and he looks battered.

"Jiyeon - ah." 

Her name. She knows it's her name. Why did she ever forget? 

"Ne?" She replies expectanctly, she wants him to say more, she wants him to heal this hole that she suddenly feels within herself.

"You've forgotten me, Jiyeon - ah." 

"Ani. Aniyo!" She shouts desperately "Never, ahjussi! How could I forget you? Why would I forget you?"

She's crying now. The tears falling freely agaisnt her will.

"You're going to forget me, Jiyeon - ah." 

He starts to fade and as he fades from her view, so does he fade from her memory. Everything fades away. And she frantically searches the nothing for who she is, why she's here. Her name, she knew she remembered it just a while ago, but now it's fading. It's fading just like someone. Who? Nothing except for silence echoes in the nothing-ness, trapping her in and suffocating her.

-

Jiyeon wakes with a start, Her lightly dyed hair sticking to her face due to the immense amount of sweat and tears. Her heart's beating at an excelerated pace, her breath hastened and dry.

"Air." She thinks frantically. "I need air."

She untangles her lenghthy legs from the covers and kicks them over in a hast, as if they were holding her hostage. Once they're off, she runs out of her room, ignoring both the calls of her roommate who seems to have been woken by the noise she'd made and the condition in which she's clothed. 

She runs blindly, not knowing where she's going and not feeling the sting of the night's air on her bare legs. Her lungs burn and her eyes sting even more from the mixture of falling tears and stinging cold wind.

"I won't forget you, ahjussi. I don't want to!" The thought screams loudly in her ear, blinding her even further and causing the scenes of her nightmare to replay.

She suddenly trips on a stray rock, causing her to fall. The gravel floor, unforgiving as ever, scrapes both her bare legs and face during the fall.

She says there, letting tears slide over her newly bruised cheek and her wails blend into the night.

Jinwoon carefully tries to hide himself in the darkness of the night, not wanting to be caught by  any of his seonsangs'. The school was pretty strict about curfew, which didn't exactly work well for Jinwoon's night job as a performer. He tries to make his way to the boys dorm, but notices something out of the corner of his eye.

Someone, he assumes it a girl from the long legs and a slight peek of undies peeping out from a night shirt, was laying on the floor sobbing quite loudly. Her face is to the side and covered by lightly colored hair, Jinwoon carefully approaches the unknown girl.

"Y-yah, Gwaenchanh-ayo?"

The girl quickly sits up, her hair flying away from her face, allowing Jinwoon to realize the girl's Jiyeon. Both of their eyes widen in shock in their personal realizations. Jinwoon's even more flustered to have caught of a peek of underwear now that he's realized it's Jiyeon, and Jiyeon's shocked to have been caught in such a weak state and by Jinwoon of all people, though she doesn't why.

"Chesonghapnida, chesonghapnida." He says quickly, turning away. "I didn't know it was you, and I'm sorry I looked, though it wasn't my fault, it was just out there, I couldn't help but stare." 

He rambles on, his words lost of a confused Jiyeon.

"Mwah?" She askes, confused. "What are you-" Her eyes grow wider as she remembers that she's just in her nightshirt and how revealed she must have been in the position she was in a moment ago. "Babo! Why would you even look! Byeontae! You disgusting ert!" She yells, holding on to the bottom of her night shirt in an attempt to cover herself.

Jinwoon runs over to her and places a hand over .

"Aish, do you want to get caught out here, huh? Do you know the penalty for being out after curfew? Cleaning toilets for two weeks!" He whispers harshly.

Jiyeon's eyes look like they're about to pop out of her head by how wide they've gotten. Jinwoon's really close to her, his body practically pressed into hers, which she finds nerve recking, especially given her state of apparel. 

Noticing the look on her face and remembering how scarcely dressed Jiyeon is, Jinwoon quickly lets her go and steps away from her.

"Mianhe." He says while avoiding eye contact with her

"Gwaenchanha." she says, also avoiding contact with him.

He takes off his warm, heavy jacket and holds it in her direction.

"Here. It's cold."

She hesitantly takes it, but quickly puts it on. It's big on her, and she's thankful because it covers her exposed lower half.

"Goumawo."

"Hm." He says with a nod. "I'll walk you back to your dorm, if you want."

"Okay." She replies with a smile.

-

"Aish!"

Jiyeon kicks at the door to her dorm room in frustration.

"You're sure you don't have the keys?" Jinwoon askes.

"Of course I'm sure I don't have the keys! Where exactly would I hide them, huh?" Jiyeon askes, fraustrated.

The door to Jiyeon's room was locked. Both her & Jinwoon had been knocking at it, but with no success. Her roommate must have been knocked out cold.

"Aigo. Too bad the maintenance man isn't on campus right now."

"Aish!" Jiyeon says, ruffling her hair in frustration. "Where am I supposed to sleep now?!"

"This is just a suggestion, but,"

The sudden pause and the way he avoids staring at her makes Jiyeon curious and nervous. She wonders what his suggestion will be.

"you could always sleep in my room."