3

Don't Cry.

Jiyeon unfortunately did not get a chair by the window like she would have liked, instead she got one in the middle row where everyone could turn and stare at her. Which is what just about everyone in the classroom had been doing ever since she came in. And to make matters worse, she was sitting right across from the guy who'd she ran into just outside of the classroom ealier. 

Aish, how's any of this supposed to be of help to me? She thought bitterly to herself. 

But then again, it was the first time in a while that she's felt annoyed, the first time in a long while she's felt anything. Maybe, just maybe, Eunjung just might have been on to something. So Jiyeon just chooses to ignore the stares and focus only on the problems the teacher had instructed them to solve, problems she found ridiculously easy considering that she'd learnt these when she was ten.

She effortlessly worked on the problems until the bell that signaled lunch rang. She waited until the class emptied first, before getting up and walking out herself.

-

Jinwoon was ready to run out of the classroom once the lunch bell rang but for some reason unknown to him, when he looked across from him and saw that she wasn't moving, he stayed put too.

He'd found himself awfully confused by this girl. Park Jiyeon, he'd found out that that was her name. When it came to his attention that she'd be in his class he actually found himself somewhat...excited and tahat excitement grew when she'd been assigned a the seat right next to him. He was so very confused by that, why should he be excited over some girl he'd only met once and who had shot his good intentions down so harshly? He really had no idea why.

He found himself getting up after she did and following her outside the classroom, careful to stay a few feet behind her. A thought occurred to him then. All the times he's seen her, he's always watching her walk away. He noted how she walked with an attitude-like stride, one that screamed "mess with me and you'll pay", he smirked without even meaning to.

-

Jiyeon heard footsteps behind her, steady footsteps that kept pace with hers. Someone was following her, she was sure of it. She abruptly stopped and turned to face whoever it was that felt the need to stalk her. The only person behind her was the guy she'd briefly talked to in the hallway, she hadn't bothered to learn his name.

"Yah, are you some kind of stalker?"

Jinwoon hadn't had enough time to react when Jiyeon had turned around and caught him behind her, so he just stood in his tracks, trying to figure out a suitable answer to the question she'd just thrown at him.

"M-mw-mwah? Stalker?" He askes as he faked a nervous chuckle. "Ani, ani. I was just on my way to the bathroom in the boys dorm."

"Hm. You see when I was give the tour of the school, I was told that the boys dorms were that way." She says, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Eh, well, uh this is a shortcut, yeah a shortcut." He speaks the words as if he's testing them out to see how believable they sound, a nervous look on his face and his hands fiddling with his hair.

"So, what's the real reason you're following me?" Jiyeon deadpanned. 

Jinwoon didn't know to say. He was sure excuses wouldn't work, and to be honest, he didn't know why he'd choosen to follow her.

"I don't know. I guess I was just curious."

His answer puzzled Jiyeon, and also peaked her curiosity.

"Curious about what?"

"You. I was curious about what made you the way you were that night."

"The way I was? When?" Jiyeons' face was all twisted up in confusion.

"About a year ago, in that alleyway. You were all bruised up and yelling about something. I'd asked to help you out, remember?"

Faint recollection suddenly hit Jiyeon.

"Ah, you." She said simply. "So, that's your reason for following me?"

"Ne. You look different, from last time."

"It's been a year, appearances tend to change. I can't remember what you looked like, though, so I can't say the same."

He finds himself not offended, but rather hurt that she can't even remember what he looked like.

"So, going to lunch?"

"Well, it is lunch time." She replies sarcastically causing Jinwoons' eyebrow to raise in annoyance, something that Jiyeon unknowningly smirks at.

Jinwoon catches the smirk and mentally smiles at it.

"This, Park Jiyeon-ah, is a once in a lifetime offer. The chance to sit with Kirin Academys' rockstar, Jung Jinwoon, for lunch." He says playful, striking a ridiculous pose to match. Something he never does. 

Jiyeon's natural answer would have been an emtionless no, but instead found herself smiling, something that hasn't happened to her in basically forever.

"Sure, why not."