Take My Hand (Part One)

미안하다...사랑한다 (I'm sorry ...I love you)

 

*** It was a starry but chilly night, however, his heart felt colder than his body as he stared at the clear twinkling dark sky.***

 

 

 

************

Meanwhile...

               The friends hurried to the airport scanning all the people that where there but no Jay was to be spotted anywhere. Chaerin run to one of the workers and asked if anyone by the name of Jay park was on the passengers' list for a U.S.A  flight.

“But lady the plane has already taken off?...” retorted the woman behind her desk.

“Just take a look at the damn list…?!”  but Taemin made her to calm down telling her that anger wouldn't help them at this situation.

Chaerin looked at him with a saddened face while the woman looked for Jay on the list. But something was telling Chaerin that he could still be here somewhere, that he never left. She couldn’t exaplain it, it was her gut feeling. 

“Please hurry up…is he there…?” asked Taemin restlessly. 

“No, sir there is no passenger by the name you gave me on...” answered the lady.

“Oh! Thank god…Jay …where the hell are you?” as Minzy still felt worried after a second of relief..

Taemin: “but how are we going to find him?"

Chaerin hurridly ran towards the exit insiting the others to just follow her: "...Taemin, Minzy !! Come with me we have to go somewhere...Hurry up...and Taemin, give me the keys, I'll drive!!"

Taemin gave them to her and just drove off silently.

"But where are we going...just slow down a bit and talk to us...?!" asked Minzy furious. But, Chaerin kept driving without answering and just just hit the gaz for more speed. The only thing she thought of was how much she must have hurt him: the words she said, the things she's done and how cold she must've been to him: it was always him who cared for her even when they were young and he was the one who taught her to trust people again and make friends even if she never knew who he was. It was not the time to shed tears as she thought of him swollowing back in silence.

***

Arriving to destination:

"Chaerin-ah ...whose house is this?"...asked Taemin running behind her.

Chaerin rang the bell and knocked hard on the thick gate's door repeatedly...Minzy just looked around: "isn't it late to bother people at this hour?" but Chaerin just ignored her and kept knocking anxciously.

 The housekeeper came out: "who are you? What do you want at this late hour?..." however, Chaerin didn't even throw a look at her and barged in to the house looking around and shouting:

"Jongup...Jongup...come down immediately...where the hell are you?" screamed as she tried hard to stop her tears.

A woman came downstairs running: "This is JonUp's mother, who are you?" 

Chaerin just stared at her knowing exactly who she was; she was more beautiful than in the photo Jay showed her. Chaerin seemed absent minded when the lady approached her: "Did something happen to my son? ...What's going on?..." as she grabbed Chaerin to shake her off. Chaerin couldn't help her but hug her and cry: "we have to save him...He can't just go like that. He never stopped looking for you and even when he found you...he...he...aww. What should I do without him?" Chaerin kept sobbing while Minzy and Taemin just stared at them with they lost gaze and watery eyes.

The mother was shocked and kept asking if something did happen to her son JonUp when Chaerin looked at her gathering her composure at last: "it's not about JongUp ...it's about his eldest brother, the one you abandoned years ago."

Hearing those words, the frail woman fell down as memories of a saddened heart and hurtful past came back to her:

***Flashback***

"I'll never let you ruin my son's future. He has a bright life ahead of him, he's going to medical school and you're standing in his way. I'll not approve of you and  I'll...." when the sobbing young woman stopped her kneeling: "But we love each other and how can you be so cruel to us. You're supposed to be his mother and care about your son's happiness." But the old furious mother slapped her hard that she fell. The young woman knelt back on her knees begging her but the old lady just turnd away ignoring her and kept going. The devastated young woman stood back and shouted: "I'm carrying his child and I'll never allow that this baby grows without his father...do you hear me? ...never" as she cried when the old lady locked the house gates walking away.

The young woman kept crying in the rain when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was her lover (the old lady's son) who heard everything, "stand my love, you don't have to do this. We're in this together and I'll never let mother or anyone hurt you again. Let's go and raise our child together, I'll work hard to provide for both of you so don't worry." as he smiled at her.

"But my love what about your dreams and future? ...I can't do that to you, I refuse to be a burden...I ...I..." the young man hugged her so tightly and told her: "you and our baby are my dream now...I love you"

The beautiful woman smiled and hugged him back: "I love you too" and the two lovers walked away running away to live the most beautiful dream that lasted for almost nine months, till the moment of giving birth to their baby. The dad was away and the mom went to hospital alone and gave birth to a son that she never saw as she was told he was dead. (in fact it was arranged by the old lady to be taken away...)

The young mother, unable to forgive herself run away without a word and disappeared. Well, until that day when Jay saw her...

--It was until Jay was ten that the old lady told the truth to her son on her death bed.--

***              ***

 JonUp's mother came to her senses again and told Chairin that the only son she had was JonUp. Chairin set beside her on the stairs and told her the whole story and showed her the old photo that Jay always carried with him and how he saw her from afar everyday since he met her at the hospital an why he didn't want to shake her stable life, how he looked after his younger brother even before knowing who he was. 

The woman held Chaerin's hands into hers and said: "You're saying that my son is alive, all these years...my son is alive but he's about to die...how is that possible?"

"Your son's name is Jay. He's a very gentle young man. He's the one I love and I'd give the world to be with him even if it's just for ..." but Chaerin stopped as she saw JongUp standing behaind Minzy and Taemin, shaking and shocked: "What were you just saying? J...J...Jay is my brother?...How ...ugh...why...is he okay? what do you mean: he's about to die?...How come...I ...mom, what's going on?..." But Chaerin run to him and huuged him, "he's not going to die, you can save him or your mother can...you should go to the hospital and the doctor will explain..." Chaerin looked at Taemin and Minzy and told them to go with them, "I think I know where to find him, and I'll take your car Taemin" as she run out while JonUp went to his mother who was about to faint from the oerwhelming events.

***

Chaerin drove all night long till the early morning. She parked her car and kept walikng through this familiar place she sharedvaluable memories with Jay until, she saw him standing afar. 

Tears kept running through her cheeks as she kept running and hugged Jay from behind... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued ...

Sorry for the delay faithful readers...only one chapter left^^ Enjoy!