Part 4

Joker

The next few days Gi Kwang stayed in the room, curtains wide open and when the night came his fairies’ light become like the day one. Junhyung tried making him come out and talk. He said he will explain, but… Gi Kwang was just afraid. All the stories he read about creatures like him and Doojoon – it was frightening. He was afraid Junhyung will become like the people in the town and hunt him too… only attacking him once was enough for the boy to be dead… What will he do then? So he stayed in the room. The second day when Junhyung came he brought food for Gi Kwang and left it in front of the room, saying that the boy should eat or he would fall ill. This continued for a few days until one day a foreign voice called Gi Kwang’s name. The boy just stared at the closed entrance dumbfounded before he stood up and took cautious steps towards the door.

“Lee Gi Kwang? Don’t tell me you fainted from not eating! I can’t handle that!” said the voice whining and knocking on the door. “I’m Son Dongwoon, I’m… um… Doojoonnie’s friend, you know: the one with the fairies? Please open up.” at the heard Gi Kwang went to the door and grabbed the handle, hesitating a little before stretching his other hand to the key. “Open up. I won’t hurt you.” The boy’s trembling hand unlocked the door and opened it slightly, peeking from the crack and seeing a tall young man with light brown hair, some yellow locks placed here and there, and styled in a messing manner. As soon as he saw Gi Kwang his lips were formed in a wide toothy smile accompanied with bright shining eyes. “Hello!” he cheered and fully opened the door, peeking inside and stepping in, a few fairies in tail.

Gi Kwang’s eyes widened at the boy. He was at least half a head taller than Gi Kwang. Junhyung was tall and Doojoon was… well Doojoon was taller than Junhyung, but he never paid that much of attention him, so maybe he’s the same height? Or he was shorter with few centimeters… But this guy was skinnier; or he looked skinnier and this made his height more noticeable. Gi Kwang scrunched his nose and his attention drifted to the unfamiliar fairies flying around the new man. They were dressed in light green shirts and light gray pants, with something that looked like black leather booths and they were all males; all in all around six. Gi Kwang’s fairies were six too and all girls with long hairs and white angel dresses reaching a little before their knees, barefooted. He thought all fairies looked like his but guess he was wrong.

“Aren’t they cute~!” screeched the man and Gi Kwang looked his way, seeing Dongwoon smiling widely at one of Gi Kwang’s fairies and extending his hand for the fairy to land on. When the fairy did land Dongwoon turned to Gi Kwang and smiled sheepishly. “I envy you. I bet girls are more refreshing than boys.” Dongwoon’s fairies then scoffed and turned their backs on the guy flying to Gi Kwang and smiling at him. The boy’s lips stretched in a smile and then noticed Dongwoon’s pout, quickly hiding it. “You know what I mean you troublemakers.” The guy then sighed and walked to Gi Kwang. “Someone bit your tongue off?”

“Eh?” Gi Kwang’s eyes widened and Dongwoon only tilted his head to the right. “Oh, I’m sorry.” He then bowed at the taller man and bit his lip nervously.

“Don’t worry. By the way Doojoon and Junhyung went to our mansion for a week so if you want to run now’s your chance.” the newcomer said making a face at the fairy in his hand. “But please make me company for a few days or I will go insane here. Will it hurt Junhyung to put a TV or something?” he then asked Gi Kwang, arms crossing on his chest and eyes rolling. The boy only shrugged in answer. “Never mind, let’s get you out of the room.” With that Dongwoon grabbed Gi Kwang’s shoulders and leaded him out of the room and into the lit up corridor.

“Junhyung doesn’t allow the curtains to be pulled.” Gi Kwang said turning his head to Dongwoon with slightly worried expression.

“Well, he’s not here. And it’s only this floor, my room, the living room, the kitchen and dining room. I will pull them back when he returns.” Dongwoon answered nonchalantly now lashing his hands around Gi Kwang’s shoulders and leaning his head on them. “How about we have picnic?”

“Picnic?” Gi Kwang asked amused.

“Yup. It’s sunny today, so why not?” the boy chuckled and nodded and Dongwoon led them to the kitchen to grab bread and butter and cheese and whatever else was needed for making sandwiches and then dragged Gi Kwang out, taking a blanket on the way.

When they seated themselves down and the fairies flew and played around them with each other Gi Kwang thought that something like this was very nice. He never dreamt of spending time with someone like him and seeing his fairies have playmates. He smiled at the sight and looked at all his fairies, but when he spotted his Junhyung-fond one he frowned. The little fairy was sitting at the fountain, not far from them, face low and downcast expression written on it. One of Dongwoon’s fairies was trying to cheer her up, but nothing helped.

“Is she your head fairy?” Dongwoon asked in even tone and Gi Kwang looked at him, seeing the guy’s vision focused on the fairies at the fountain.

“Head fairy? What is that?” Dongwoon then looked at him with his eyebrows furrowing.

“Well… your head fairy.” Gi Kwang furrowed his eyebrows too and frowned, signaling he didn’t get it. “She’s the one that never leaves you even after years?”

“But all of them have always been with me.” Gi Kwang answered pouting.

“How old are you?” asked Dongwoon slowly.

“Nineteen.”

“This explains it. Junhyung should’ve told me.” The guy sighed and smiled at the boy. “And you never met someone else like us?” the boy shook his head ‘no’ and Dongwoon scratched his nose. “Well, your father is an elf as far as I’m informed and you know that you’re half elf and that these cuties are your guardians.”

“Yes. I still find it hard to believe.”

“It gets easier with time.” The other male smiled before continuing. “ So… This will sound like a fairy tale.” Dongwoon giggled leaning back on his hands. “When elves are born a fairy is born with them. Like a guardian sent from Nature, this counts to half-elves too. But because elves have their own powers they have only one fairy, while half-elves have six. The one born with the elf and the others are normal fairies with lifespan sent as guardians compensating for the lack of powers from the elf. The other five usually change every 100 to 500 years. They look very similar to the last ones but they’re different. The head fairy is directly connected to the elf and usually shows what the elf is feeling conscious or subconscious. If you ask me they’re spoiling the fun sometimes, but they have their own feelings too, so it’s hard to figure things right away.” At that the other half-elf smiled melancholically and then looked at Gi Kwang. “My head fairy is the one with yours.” Gi Kwang nodded and looked at them again. So this fairy is his fairy while the others are temporary. The boy felt a bump on his shoulder and looked at the guy sitting next to him. “Don’t sulk. If you brighten up she will too.”

“Are you sure?”

“Totally, now ask me whatever you want to know. Today I’m answering everything. But only for today.” Dongwoon said again smiling sheepishly.

“Why only for today?”

“I want to make friends more than wanting to fix Junhyung’s mess.” Gi Kwang’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Since you’re scared of him now I was sent here to make things clear and try to fix it, but even if Junhyung is Doojoon’s best friend I’m not forgiving him for another 100 years for what he did.” At that the elf snickered and furrowed his eyebrows.

“And what did he do?”

“He almost made me leave Doojoon. Well, not really his fault but I can’t forgive him. It’s easier being mad at him than at Doo.” At that the man smiled again at Gi Kwang.

“You smile a lot.” Commented the boy laughing and lying on the blanket too, looking at the blue sky.

“You should too. You have a pretty smile.”

“Thanks.” Gi Kwang said while blushing and fixing his hair. “You and Doojoon…” started the boy, but as soon as he said Doojoon’s name Dongwoon leaned sideways, head rested on his hands and looking at Gi Kwang.

“We’re lovers if that’s what you want to ask.” the boy nodded and pursed his lips, composing the next question in his mind.

“Aren’t you scared of him?”

“At first I was.” At that Dongwoon smiled sadly and pursed his lips before continuing. “But Doojoon’s not a bad guy. I learned it with time.”

“How did you two meet?” the black haired one asked, amused and thrilled at the story he was about to hear. After all the man was together with Doojoon despite what the other was. Dongwoon only giggled at his eagerness before starting.

“It happened 100 years ago.” Gi Kwang’s eyes got wide and his lips formed an ‘o’, which made the elf next to him chuckle again. “It was a bad year, my village was starving, so I used my fairies to help them, but they me and hunted me…” Dongwoon’s eyebrows furrowed at the memory. “I ran to the woods, but then it got dark and I was scared, there were dogs after me. I guess I fainted, because when I opened my eyes I was in a cottage in the wood and Doojoon was sitting next to me, waiting for me to wake up. When I woke up the first thing he said to me was that I should leave as soon as the sun rises. Isn’t he romantic?” asked Dongwoon and Gi Kwang laughed. He really pictured the scene and it looked so ridiculous for some reason. “Well – I stayed. He told me what he was, yea I was scared, but he was immortal like me and he saved me, oh yea – I knew what I was because my father told me, so… Doojoon told me and I stayed. I didn’t want to be alone, so I pissed the hell out of him and after one and a half years he gave up and we became best buddies. But we became lovers 5 years ago – can you believe this?”

“Really? What happened?” by now Gi Kwang was sitting, his legs crossed, arms on his ankles and eyes wide in interest.

“Junhyung happened.” the elf laughed again. “It’s so ridiculous I can’t even believe it.” Gi Kwang leaned closer, eyes getting even wider. “We were already living in the mansion we live now. It’s near a big city and sometimes Doojoon would go out in the town because he said the mansion was suffocating him. Usually it was once or twice a month, except the new moon,…”

“New moon?” Gi Kwang asked confused.

“They have to… ‘feed’ then. I’ll explain it later.” Dongwoon assured him sitting up too. “So he was going out in the town once or twice a month, but then all of a sudden he started going more often and after two months it came to the point where he went out every night. I was really mad, because he never told me anything and we have been together for 90ty years, sharing stuff and living together. Until then no one ever stepped inside our home, so guess my surprise when he brings Junhyung in.” Gi Kwang’s eyebrows shot up and hid behind his bangs while Dongwoon nodded at the reaction. “Exactly! I shrugged it off at first, but then Junhyung started coming more often and one time he stayed over. The whole time Jun was there it was like I did not exist at all. I told myself ‘they boy will leave and Doojoon will pay you more attention, but then you won’t and you will get it back at him’ what was the big deal? So I was sitting and playing with my fairies patiently waiting for my time to torture my friend when I saw Doojoon tug Junhyung’s hair behind his eas. I got furious for no reason and I stood up storming out of the room and to my bedroom, telling myself that I’m leaving. As I started collecting my stuff Doojoon showed at the door, eyes wide in confusion. I didn’t say a thing to him and continued putting my clothes in my bag, while he started getting them out.” Remembering this, the brown haired boy laughed. “It’s so like a movie it’s hilarious. So then we stated yelling at each other and it continued for hours. When we stopped Junhyung was out of the mansion and Doojoon went to find him. I was mad, but I stayed in the house.” After saying this Dongwoon paused for a moment, eyes looking down with regret and sadness. “An hour later Doojoon came home carrying Junhyung’s bloody body. A pack of wolves attacked him while he was going out of the woods. That’s when we turned him… otherwise he would’ve died. Actually it’s my fault for the stupid tattoo on his cheek, but Doojoon never told him, you don’t too.”

“What is the tattoo for?”

“When a vampire is created they need to be named somehow. Every tattoo is different – Doojoon’s a big dragon on the left upper part of his back. That idiot had no idea how to name him and I said ‘Joker’ because all Junhyung did was smirk and it reminded me of one. His whole body was in scratches and wounds and bites so the tattoo came on his face. And I’m seriously happy it was kanji. When he woke up I went to my room and left them alone. I felt so guilty. If we haven’t argued the boy would’ve never come to this. Later Doojoon came and lay on the bed, pulling me down and hugging me. We didn’t say a thing until he looked at me and frowned before kissing me lightly and then hugging me tight again. I still remember how he whispered that Junhyung was just a friend for him and how I was more than a friend for years now and how he would’ve understood if I was gone the next morning. I stayed. It was weird at first but we got the hand of it and now we’re here.” Dongwoon smiled barely at the boy before laughing and shaking his head. “I dumped all of this on you and you just listened. Sorry.”

“No worries. You needed someone to talk to it about, right?” Gi Kwang smiled, patting Dongwoon’s shoulder. The guy just stared at Gi Kwang for a moment before tackling him and locking him in a hug.

“Why didn’t Junhyung found you earlier?!” He whined nuzzling his nose in Gi Kwang’s stomach, making the boy ticklish.

“Stop this, please.”

“But really… Doojoon and Junhyung are good guys.”

 “I know.” Gi Kwang answered him, frowning slightly. “I’m just scared that what happened in town will repeat again... I don’t want to get hurt.”

“It’s not a life without a scar or two.” Dongwoon answered thoughtfully. “But I assure you that he won’t hurt you.”

“How do you know?”

“He’s not a bad guy. If he was Doojoon would’ve never turned him.” Gi Kwang furrowed his eyebrows again in thought.

“About the new moon…” he started, trying to avoid the topic of Junhyung being a nice guy and not hurting him… physically.

“Oh that. It’s the only time of the month when they really need to drink blood. If they don’t: they become berserk and attack everything within reach...”

“But don’t their victims remember?”

“People who they interact with during the new moon forget about them.”

“What about us?” asked the boy eyebrows furrowing. He remembers that night too well, or now things wouldn’t be this way.

“Well… We don’t because we’re half elves.” the boy answered lying comfortably in Gi Kwang’s lap. Gi Kwang only nodded thoughtfully, his vision fixed on an invisible spot in the grass field. “Do you like Junhyung?”

“Eh?” the boy snapped out of his trance looking at the man lying in his lap.

“Doojoonnie told me one of your fairies was always stuck to him, so I thought… Your head fairy?” the brunette asked, smirking and eyebrow rising.

“I don’t know.” Gi Kwang mumbled, pursing his lips. “He’s nice and warm and … If I liked him I wouldn’t be scared of him.”

“That’s not necessary. People sometimes fear the ones they love.” Silence was places between them and Dongwoon waited for the boy to say something. When nothing came he sighed and nudged Gi Kwang, earning his attention and continuing. “First figure if you want to stay here. If not when the week finishes I’m taking you with me and later we will find you a place to stay, if not – you stay with Junhyung here and you patch things up slowly.”

“You don’t have to take care of me… we just met.” Gi Kwang said looking downcast and useless.

“You say this to people when you’re human and you will die someday. We’re not. It’s not easy living among humans and surviving and I have 100 years more experience than you, so no – I’m not taking your refusal of my help.” Dongwoon retorted, tone even and unwavering. “Besides you’re not some ungrateful jerk, or you would’ve been gone long ago. Plus: receiving a light fairy as your guardian only means that you’re pure and naive dummy.”

“What?!” the boy screeched offended and lightly pushed Dongwoon off his lap. The man laughed as he rolled off and looked up at the boy.

“Well, it’s true. Elves with light fairies are sweethearts and they’re vulnerable, because they can’t see in the dark. You’re not the first one I met so I know.” Gi Kwang pouted and looked away offended. “Hey, come on! Fire elves are the worst, be glad you’re not one, because by now I would’ve thrown you out.” By now Dongwoon was sitting, trying to make eye contact with the pouting boy and failing. When he did make eye-contact with the boy, Gi Kwang burst out laughing, clutching his stomach.

“You’ve met others like me?” at last the black haired boy asked, smiling at the pouting half-elf.

“Yup. There was a kid… Yoseob! He was so gullible and bubbly and huggable. I haven’t seen him in eighty years. I wonder what he is doing now. If I come across him someday I will definitely meet you.”

“I take this as a promise.” Gi Kwang smiled extending his pinky for Dongwoon. At first the taller male just stared at it, but soon broke into a wide smile and locked it with his own.

“It’s a promise.” He smiled and tackled again the younger one in a hug. “By the way when were you born?”

“In March, why?” Gi Kwang asked curious, hugging the boy in his lap.

“I’m in June, so you’re my hyung!” he cheered and patted Gi Kwang’s cheek.

“You’re 100 years older!” protested Gi Kwang but Dongwoon only smiled.

“We stop aging at 20, so it doesn’t really matter how long we’ve been 20 in my opinion. You’re my hyung – it’s final.” He smiled up at boy, eyes turning into crescents. “Hyung?”

“What?”

“Nothing, I just like how it sounds. Hyung!” at that both boys laughed and continued chatting about relevant stuff.

What Gi Kwang saw later was his head fairy playing with Dongwoon’s. He smiled at the man in his lap then, pinching his nose playfully and laughing at his pout.

“Hyung!” whined Dongwoon, laughing along with Gi Kwang.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------
Happy Birthday to our precious fairy Kiki!!! He's turned 22 and I wish him to look the same way after another 8 years too~

And be always so cheerful and fluffy and cute and adorable and awesome dancer! ^_^


Now the story So.... Dongwoon blabbers a lot XD ... This is their story with Doojoon, what happened, how it happened... ^^ tomorrow is the end... I feel kinda sad... I think this is my most successful story so far and here it's coming to an end. I will miss you all~ ...

after tomorrow XD