Part 3

Joker

The next morning Gi Kwang woke up to the knocks of his door and shouts at the boy to wake up. He groaned before throwing the covers away from his body and standing up, going to open the door. When he opened it he was met with Doojoon’s face and his almost closed eyes. At first Gi Kwang raised his eyebrow in confusion, but soon enough got to his senses, instructing his fairies to close the curtain and dim their light.

“I’m sorry; they’re not used to you yet.” He smiled apologetically at the slightly frowning man. At first Doojoon only stood there, eyeing Gi Kwang from head to toe with expression that made the boy nervous and uncomfortable, but, as yesterday, the man broke into a wide smile in an instant, making all those worries vanish.

“I like the ‘yet’ in the sentence.” He said, grabbing Gi Kwang’s hand and dragging him out of the room. “Now it’s time for breakfast.” He announce cheerfully as he strode even furtherer down the corridor.

“The dining room isn’t this way.” Gi Kwang said confused and unable to retrieve his hand back.

“Yeah, I know. We’re getting Junnie first.” The man announced, stopping in front of a room and kicking the door open, leaving Gi Kwang with open mouth and wide eyes. “Yong Junhyung! Breakfast time, sweetie!” The tall man shouted barging in with Gi Kwang in tail, since his hand was still trapped from Doojoon’s. Junhyung got out from one of the doors in the room and Gi Kwang’s vision shifted there, trying to figure in what condition the man was. Well, one of his fairies – the one fondest of the mysterious man, flew to him, her light barely visible like always, and hugged the man’s cheek. At that Gi Kwang really wanted to slap his face, because she always did it and he felt so uncomfortable and he had to apologize again later for her attachment. He heard Junhyung chuckle yet again at her actions and he looked their way. Okay, maybe her being there was a plus this time, since no matter how dim her light was he was still able to see the man more clearly. And as Gi Kwang’s eyes saw the man was clearly shirtless with a towel around his shoulders, damp hair, no black eyeliner, which was a rare occasion to see, black skinny leather pants that lay low on his hips and barefoot. “Isn’t it a lovely sight?” asked Doojoon, his arms crossed on his chest, making Gi Kwang realize that his own hand was free, a smirk on his face and an eyebrow raised.

“Shut it, Doo.” grunted Junhyung back, positioning the fairy at the drawer next to the bed in the room and heading to the wardrobe, picking out a plain white short-sleeved T-shirt.

“What? It was cute.” The tall man retorted shrugging. “Dongwoonnie’s fairies are all males so I can’t have a cute moment like this.”

“Dongwoon’s fairies are not cute at all.” Answered Junhyung going again to the drawer and extending his palm, letting the fairy jump on it, then he moved her to his shoulder and let her sit there.

“Yeah, they’re handsome.” Doojoon said rubbing his nose and receiving a snort from Junhyung who walked to Gi Kwang, the other fairies around the boy shattering or disappearing, turning him on 180o and guiding him out of the room.

“Come on, Gi Kwang, let’s leave this idiot behind. His stupid is contagious.”

“Hey, Yong Junhyung, is that why you don’t spend time with me?” asked the man flabbergasted, a hand on his mouth and eyes wide. “You’re too mean!” he then whined and ran after the two others.

 

It took only until lunch time for Gi Kwang to see so many sides of Junhyung that he thought if he would’ve ever seen if not for Doojoon’s visit. He got mad and yelled; he laughed, scoffed and whined. With Gi Kwang it was always soft chuckles, barely visible smiles, a lot of smirks and a serious expression that sometimes gave the boy a hint of sorrow. With Doojoon was different. He seemed like he was with someone he can open up to freely and it made Gi Kwang slightly sad, because he wanted to get close to the man. He wanted to feel like he’s wanted to stay and not only like a guest, because frankly speaking the boy was afraid to head out from the mansion and to the world where he was unwanted.

Now it was dinner time and by now the boy’s anxiousness was growing more and more. He finished his dinner as soon as possible and excused himself, motioning for his dear fairy to go with him and leave Junhyung alone. When the little thing was back at his side he smiled at her pout and nudged her before heading out of the room and to the library.

He really needed something to take him his mind off now but he just stood in front of the big bookshelf and looked at the book’s covers not actually seeing them. His Junhyung-fond fairy stood at one of the shelves and wriggled her legs in the air, pouting. Gi Kwang sighed at the view of her and when she paid him attention he pouted. Just when he was about to blow air into her she brightened up and flew to the entrance of the room, shifting the boy’s attention after her. There stood tall man leaning on the doorframe and smirking. Gi Kwang only scowled before shifting his attention back to the books.

“Found something interesting?” the mellow voice soared in the room along with the sound of footsteps.

“Not really.” Gi Kwang answered, now reading the titles of the books. All of a sudden a hand extended itself from behind him and pulled a book out, holding it before Gi Kwang’s face.

“This one’s good.” Junhyung said with his breath ghosting over the boy’s neck. Gi Kwang felt his face reddening so he grabbed the book and opened it as to hide his face. Then he felt Junhyung’s body warmth leave him and he took a deep breath, coming back to his senses. He turned around after a while looking at the man with a questioning face. He really thought the man would leave instead Junhyung was leaning on a table behind the boy. “Are you ok?”

“I’m good.” Gi Kwang answered tilting his head to the left. “Why?”

“You look a little down lately.”

“We haven’t seen each other lately.” Junhyung smirked at the remark, bending his head low.

“You’re right.” He whispered and looked up. “I’m sorry.”

“You’re not obligated to.”

“No…  It’s just that…” the man started, fumbling with his words a little when the little fairy poked Junhyung’s cheek, making him drift his attention to her, and smiling at the man.

“I’m sorry. She really likes you.” Gi Kwang sighed, scratching his neck. He looked apologetically at the man only to find him wide eyed and shocked.

“Oh…” let out Junhyung before composing himself and looking again straight into Gi Kwang’s eyes. “Let’s talk tomorrow. There is something I really have to tell you.”

“Ok.” the boy answered nodding and giving a small smile.

“Also… Don’t leave your room tonight and make your fairies shine really bright no matter what.” The man said straightening up and looked straight into Gi Kwang’s eyes. The boy was not sure if the look given to him was intimidating or just concerned.

“Why?”

“I will explain to you tomorrow. Just listen to me.” The tone of Junhyung’s voice was pleading so Gi Kwang nodded. He knew Junhyung won’t allow anything that’s bad for him. “I will be heading out with Doojoon now. Please don’t forget what I told you and stay in your room.”

“Okay. Be safe.” Gi Kwang smiled at the man who returned quite a sad smile before waving and leaving the room. Gi Kwang followed him soon after closing the door to the library and hearing the echo of the heavy front door shut itself. What Junhyung told him really worried him, but it also made him feel exited for some reason. He hit his head lightly before turning to his fairies.

“You heard what he said.” With that they shone the brightest they could and jumped around happily. Gi Kwang only chuckled at that and turned around, heading to his room a book in his hand.

 

Gi Kwang was seated on the bed, a book in hand and wide awake. He wondered if it was because the book was so interesting or because he was nervous as to what will Junhyung say to him, but he stayed all night and read. The curtains were pulled and he waited for the sun to rise so he can go out and take a walk or grab something to eat.

He was just finishing the last pages of the book when he heard a crash from the corridor and he stood up, leaving the book behind and going to the door. One of the fairies flew before him and tried to make him stop, but Gi Kwan only looked through the window, seeing the sun rising and dashed out of the room. Only his Junhyung-fond fairy followed him out and flew as close to him as possible. It was not even 5 steps away when Gi Kwang saw a girl pushed to the wall, a hand around her waist, glazed eyes and Doojoon’s head hovering over her neck, a pair of white fangs quite close to puncturing the flesh.

“Gi Kwang?” came the mellow voice the boy was so fond of and he looked behind Doojoon, finding wide eyed Junhyung, blood covering his white shirt and dripping from the corner of his heart shaped lips to his chin, the very lips slightly ajar. Gi Kwang only shook his head from left to right, stepping back, while the man before him took some steps towards him. Then all of a sudden the boy dashed back in his room, his fairy close to him, and locked the door, fumbling backwards and falling on the floor, eyeing the door with fright. “Lee Gi Kwang!” came the same voice Gi Kwang heard almost every day for the past month, but not so smooth and calm, this time it came raspy and angry and accompanied with a few fists to the door. Then there was a still for awhile before the voice came again, pleading. “Please, open the door.” Gi Kwang only shook his head and crawled back, biting his lips and tears at the brim of his eyes. “I told you to wait until the morning; I told you we have to talk… Why didn’t you listen?” asked the voice and Gi Kwang could picture the face with a scowl… and blood; red, fresh blood…

“Leave me alone!” the boy shouted, hugging his knees and hiding his face, trying to stop the tears.

This was not a dream. If it was then he was supposed to be awake by now.

This was not a dream and Doojoon and Junhyung just drank blood from a poor girl in the corridor… They couldn’t see in the light… What else does he need to know what they were?

It was crystal clear.

 

  

 

---------------------------------------

You expected this, right? =D Anyway... this thing here above will be the poster for the remaing chapters too ^^ Since this little story started from Junhyung's part (but I didn't want to spoil the story you know). You see I was editing this as a wallpaper for my phone, because the photo is ing awesome, but then I made some edits and Jun's eyes become grey, and then I made his hair darker, then I added some eyeliner to emphasize the eyes, then a little blood at the lips, then the one dripping down, then the shirt and then the tattoo as a finishing touch XD I was really on auto-pilot and when I finished it my vision shifted to Gi Kwang's cut and I starte his picture and the two contrasted so much put next to each other and then the story was born =D and yea the photo has the nickname dal_9239... I kinda wanted to tag Junhyung's part of the picture, since it's mine and I used my twitter acc. That's all. Dongwoonnie is coming tomorrow for Kiki's birthday! =D