School

Fall {On-Hold}

I woke up to Haylin barking while she stood on my tummy. I smiled and sat up. I hugged her and gave her a treat.

“Thanks for waking me up girl” I said while she ate the treat happily. I realized that I was still in the clothes I wore yesterday so I decided to change into something more decent. I fixed my clothes in my closet and chose a tank top with an off shoulder shirt. I wore a pair of mini shorts and a pair of boots that stops midway up my legs.

I wore my hair in a ponytail and just put on some powder. Then I remembered something. Today was going to be my first day of school all over. So I decided to get my small knapsack that fits my small laptop and my notebook and other stuff. I put my cellphone in the small pocket of the bag and slung it on one shoulder. I opened the door and Haylin ran out going down the stairs. I giggled and went out. I smelled bacon and eggs then I felt like I was six all over again.

I descended the stairs and saw my dad wearing an apron while cooking. I smiled and greeted him.

“Good morning appa” I said and beamed as he settled a plate with bacon and eggs on the table for me. I settled my bag onto the table and went to the refrigerator to get some orange juice. I poured myself some in a glass and drank settling the cup on the table. I started eating my food missing how he prepared it.

I fed Haylin some bacon and finished my meal. I walked to the sink and washed my dish.

“Hailey make it fast we’re going to be late” I nodded and took my knapsack. I patted Haylin goodbye and I went to the car.

 

 

When I got to school a lot of people looked at me with strange looks.  I looked down trying to block them out but that didn’t work when the teachers started treating me like royalty and the students kept staring. I looked at them and realized their mistake so they carried on ushering the students to class.

I sighed and talked with the principal.

“It’s nice to have you again Ms.Park.” She said looking at me. I smiled and thanked her.

“You will be joining Section A2 and I1. Which means you will remember some of you classmates but half of them probably not because the Freshmen I and Sophomores A are combined for the year. You can come to me for any help you need alright?” She said while we stopped in front of a room. I nodded and smiled.

She smiled back and knocked. The door was opened to a familiar woman.

“Ms. Macy, you are to be in charge of our special guest.” Our principal told the woman.

“Why of course” She said smiling warmly at me. I smiled back and I was ushered into the room. Everyone looked at me and I saw familiar faces. I saw for one my best friends Gaylie,Sarah,Chessa,Calin,Narine,and more. But then I saw new faces and I realized that two of them were my old bandmates when I was 13,Yzza and Jenna. I smiled and greeted them.

“Annyeong Haseyo!!” I bowed. I forgot that I was in the Philippines and greeted them again in English.

“Class this is Hailey Park. She’ll only be staying for a while maybe 2 weeks or so” Ms.Macy said. I beamed and I swore the new faces almost swooned. I forgot that half of the school were the l words but who cares?

“Ms.Macy I thought the Thai visitors already left.” One of them asked and the whole class laughed.

“She’s Korean” Another one said. I giggled and smiled.

“Annyeong. My name is Hailey Park. I live in Seoul,Korea but I came here for a small vacation. I hope you will all accept me ne!”I said.

I smiled and took a vacant seat next to Yzza.

She didn’t change much.

She sighed and looked at the board pretending to be listening.

“How’s life in SM entertainment?” She whispered. Only she and Jenna who weren’t relatives knew about this.

“Good” I whispered back.

“I never gave up on you” She pointed out.

“Give up already Yzzie” I said using my old nickname for her. I rolled my eyes and just continued listening to the teacher.

“Hailey, what is 408 x .17?” Ms. Macy asked. I realized they were all solving but I knew this topic already so in a split second I was able to answer.

“69.36” I answered confidently. Ms.Macy was clearly impressed and moved onto another topic.

I smiled. Suddenly her laptop played a familiar video. My eyes widened as my voice came blasting through the speakers.

“Trou-Trou-Trou-Trouble”

The audio of Troublemaker blasted and my picture was on the powerpoint along with Hyun Seung. My eyes widened and the teacher clicked exit.

“That was Hailey’s audition tape…the picture’s photoshopped”Ms.Macy explained and they quickly fell for it.

Something’s telling me this is going to be a hard time keeping my secret.