Reminisce

The Waves of Fate

Tabi and Dara are holding hands while walking into the resort house. They are stealing glances at each other and exchanging smiles. The energy of love surrounds them. It’s like they are the only person in the world. They didn’t even notice their employees greeting them as they passed by. He then pulled Dara onto his side and put his arms to her shoulder.

 

 “Remember the time when we’ve decided to build the resort house? Our parents were hesitant a bit at first,” reminding him.

 

 “Neh, how could I forget that? We were still young back then and they’re not sure if we could run this place on our own,” he reacted.

 

“But it pays to be stubborn sometimes, look they gave in and we have this place now, “THE BUTTERFLY RESORT,” looking up at him with a smile on her face“I guess you’re right! And you are the most stubborn person I’ve ever known,” pinching her cheeks.

 

“Time flies so fast. Tomorrow is the 5th year anniversary of our resort house. We’ll be pretty busy today,” letting out a deep sigh.

 

“Don’t worry about it too much. I will help you out. You’ll see it will be perfect just like the other anniversary parties we’ve had. And this year will be the most memorable one of all. I promise you that,” hugged her.

 

“Okay, I won’t stress myself too much and I trust you,” hugged him tightly.

 

Unaware that some of their staffs at the resort are happily gazing at them, they continue hugging each other. Suddenly Tabi’s phone received a text and finally released each other from the hug. He took the phone from his pocket and read the message:

 

“Yah Tabi! Where are you?

You’re supposed to pick

    a dress for her today. Uggh,

  I’m doing this big favour for

 you but you are late! Come

     here at the dress shop NOW!”

-Bom

 

 “Who is it?” she asked curiously.

 

 “Nothing, just someone important that I have to meet for the business,” lying straight to her face.

 

 “If it is something important then you should go. You shouldn’t make people wait. Oh! Don’t tell me you forgot you have an appointment today?” as if reading him.

 

 “How can you know me so well,” grins at her.

 

 “Aigoo! That is so like you. Now go…go…you shouldn’t be late…, pushing him at his back.

 

“Okay…okay”…looks back at her and gave her a peck on the lips… “See you later!”…waved goodbye and run towards his motorcycle.

 


 

DARA POV:

               “Make sure you put your helmet properly and don’t drive too fast, Okay!?”…she yelled at him and he signalled an okay sign on his hand and drove away.

               “How can he forget something important like that?”…she sighed.

               “I’m talking to myself again. I missed him already. I hope the meeting won’t take too long.”

               A lot of things are going through inside her head as she walks alone on the way to the party venue. The road is surrounded by trees which give shades to the benches sitting behind it. It’s quite a long walk from their penthouse to the resort where they will hold the event. She decided to sit on one of the benches and relax for a bit. She leaned back and closed her eyes.

              “I can smell the see breeze from here. Whooah, it’s so peaceful,” opened her eyes and looks around her. A smile crept into her face as she turns her head around.

              “Who would’ve thought that this place will be so beautiful? From a neglected land that turns into a dumping site of people living nearby to a famous tourist spot. See, you’ve come a long way. Your name really suits you, the BUTTERFLY RESORT,”…talking to the place.

              This place is our love. The testament of what we’ve been through together. Tabi and I build our memories together here that is why it has a special place in our hearts. I don’t know what will I do without him and I know he feels the same way too.

              “I can still remember the time the two of us met. That boy tie boy!”…giggling all by herself.

 


 

Flashback

                  At Park’s mansion, a party was being held in celebration of Mr. Park’s birthday. Almost all of the guests that were invited came to celebrate with them. The most important guests also arrived at the party. It was Mr. Choi and his family who came from abroad and decided to live in the country permanently. The Choi and Parks have a close relationship and goes way back then. They even treat each other like real brothers. That is why in every occasion, it wouldn’t be complete without the other person. Both of them came from a very wealthy and well-known family in the business industry but never once they did boast about it. They are trying to live a simple like what an average family does.

                  Mr. Choi has two sons; the eldest is Dong Wook and Tabi the youngest. It will be the first time that the two family’s children will meet except Dong Wook and Teddy, the eldest son of Mr. Park, who has met each other abroad when Teddy came to visit them.

                  Tabi, who is standing next to his father, is busy wandering his eyes around the place. Mrs. Park noticed him.

                 “Is that your youngest son Tabi?”…she said smiling while looking at Tabi.

                 “Oh yes! I think I’m getting old. I forgot to introduce them,” scratching his head and laughs hard.

                 “When you two are together, you hardly notice everyone around you,” said Mrs. Park teasing them.

                 “I guess you’re right!” ...acknowledging it. He then introduced his son Tabi.

                 “This is Tabi. I think he is the same age as your daughter, right?”

                 “Yes. They’re only days apart when they were born. I’ve met Dong Wook before but this is the first time I’ve seen Tabi. He is a pretty young boy,” complementing him with a smile.

                 “Where do you think he got it? Of course, he takes after me!”…he said boasting about his son’s good looks.

                “Tsk! I see you’ve never change but I think he looks a lot like my best friend, ahem, your wife,” bringing all his hopes down.

                “Aaaack! Something wrong with your eyes?” he said causing laughter.

                “I know you won’t let yourself get lose!” Mr. Park said. “But where’s your wife? She wouldn’t like it if she heard what you have said.”

                “She went to the powder room just now,” said Mrs. Park interrupting them.

                “Oh well, even if she heard what I said she’ll never get mad because she knows I love joking around,” patting Mr. Park’s shoulder.

                “But really, I still can’t believe that my best friend married you! I mean you are the total opposite of each other. If I hadn’t introduced you two, maybe you both live different lives now.” Mrs. Park told him.

                “Yeah, it’s all thanks to you!”…points at her and smile.

                “Ahuh. Oh, we’re ignoring the kids again. Where is your brother?” Mrs. Park asked the young Tabi.

                “He went over there to get some water,” points at the direction where his brother went.

                “Oh I see. You must be bored standing here with all the adults. Just wait awhile; I’ll introduce you to my daughter. I’m sure you will get along well.” She said.

                “Nana!” she waved her hand while calling her daughter’s caretaker.

                “Yes Madam?” Nana asked.

                “Please go get Dara and come back here. Tell her I’ll introduce her to a new friend.” She told her smiling.

                “Yes Madam.” She responded bowing at her and walks toward the garden where the Young Dara is playing.

                “Did you tell her to get Dara?” Mr. Park asked.

                “Yes coz Tabi here looks really bored with only us adults around. He should go play with the other kids.” Mrs. Park said bending down and caresses the Young Tabi’s face.

                “Where is your son Teddy? I haven’t seen him around.” Mr. Choi asked.

                “He’s not here today. He went to the school’s camping trip.” Mr. Park answered.

                “Ah that’s too bad. Dong Wook is really excited to see him. You know those two are just like us when we were at their age.” He said explaining.

                “I know right! Well, you see Teddy doesn’t know you’re all going to come today but if he did he wouldn’t go to that school trip. Just bring them over tomorrow.”

                “Alright then.”

                The young Dara on the other hand is busy playing with her friend Jaejoong and cousins Hanbyul and Bom in the garden. Then her caretaker, Nana, came to get her.

                “Lady, your mom wants you to come at the ballroom.”

                “Why?” she said staring at her.

                “She said she will introduce you to a new friend. I think it was your mom’s best friend sons.” Nana said explaining.

                The young Bom heard what Nana said and got up from her sit.

                “Go on and meet them so we can have other male friends beside Jaejoong here.” She told the young Dara with her arms crossed.

                The young Dara stood up and fixed her dress.

                “But Jaejoong is nice. It’s okay if he is the only guy friend we have around.” The young Dara reasoned out.

                “I didn’t say he is not nice,” putting her hands onto the young Dara’s shoulder, “But we should be open to others who want to be our friend and it is getting boring just the four of us playing every day.”

                Hanbyul and Jaejoong, who are still sitting on the ground, are just staring at the two arguing.

                “Come on, stop reasoning out and just go meet them!” …shooing the young Dara away. “Go on!” pushing her.

                “Okay but don’t go anywhere without me. I’ll come back real fast!” she said.

                “Alright! Alright!” the young Bom said while doing the shooing gesture on her hand.

                At the ballroom, Mr. Choi looks more excited to meet the young Dara than his sons.

                “I wonder who your daughter looks like.” He said.

                “Oh! She looks a lot like my wife. She is pretty and intelligent.” Mr. Park said shyly boasting about her daughter.

                “Ahahaha, look at you, you’re a fool when it comes to your daughter.” He .

                “You bet. He spends a lot of time with her and spoiling her.” Mrs. Park said.

                The young Dara who looks pretty in her yellow dress and ribbon headband finally showed up at the ballroom.

                “Daddy!” she called and runs to her father and held onto his arms.

                “Hello sweetie.” Mr. Park greeted her.

                “You must be the famous Dara everyone is talking about?” Mr. Choi bends down at her.

                The young Dara gave him a bright smile and delighted look.

                “Are you my Daddy’s best friend?” she asked him.

                “Yes my dear. Do you know me? He asked her and the young Dara nods back at him.

                “My daddy talks a lot about you.” She told him.

                “Really? What did Daddy say about me?”

                The young Dara is hesitating a bit if she should ask the question but still asked him anyway.

                “Is it true that you stole your Daddy’s car and bumped it on the tree?” she asked curiously.

                Mr. Choi burst into laughter after hearing what she has said. “Did your Daddy tell you that?” taps the tip of her nose with his point finger. The young Dara nods at him and smiled.

                “I’m afraid that’s true, little girl”

                “Wow! That’s a great adventure but my Daddy told me not to steal his car when I grow up and do that because it is too dangerous.”  She said amusingly.

                “Yes. You should follow what your Daddy told you.” He said. “Now, I know why you’re a fool when it comes to your daughter. Not only she’s witty but she is also intelligent.” Looks at Mr. Park and complements him.

                “Now it’s the children’s turn to be introduced.” Mrs. Park said and went near the young Dara, “Sweetie, I want you to meet your uncle’s sons. This is Dong Wook oppa and Tabi his younger brother. You and Tabi are of the same age. They will live here in the country for good. And they will be studying at your school so I’m hoping that you and your friends will treat them well. Can you promise me that?” Mrs.Park explained.  

               “Yes Mommy, I promise.” The young Dara responded.

              “Now, go on and greet them.”

              “Hi. I’m Dara. I am pleased to meet you!” she bowed at them.

              “We are pleased to meet you too.” They answered in unison.

              “Oppa, you’re the same age as my brother, right?”

              “Yes I am” Dong Wook replied.

              “So you’re the same age as Byul unnie too. I’m sure you’ll get along well.”

               She then turns her gaze on Tabi. She looked at him from head to toe and almost cracked a laugh in front of him.

 

YOUNG DARA POV:

 

              “His brother looks fine and decent in his clothes but why does he wear something like that. Is he starting a new fashion trend or more of like a fashion revolution?”

              A lot of things are running through inside her head as she looks at the young Tabi.

 “If Bom see him in that outfit, she will surely make fun of him. Why wear a polka dots bow tie? And pair it with shorts. That’s really funny.” She thought.

“Hmmm, do you usually wear bow ties like that and shorts together?”, I asked without hesitation which made his brother chuckled.

Tabi was taken aback by my question and saw the shocked look on his face.

“Oops, I’m sorry if I offended you. I’m just curious.” I told him.

             “Uhhhm, by the way we are playing in the garden. Byul unnie, Bom and Jaejoong are waiting for me there. Would you like to come and play with us? They’ll be happy to meet you guys too.”

“Sure!” ,Dong Wook oppa said.

             “Come on!” I said in excitement. I walked beside Tabi with my hands at the back and stared at him intently. He rolled his eyes to the side where I am standing.

              “Are you mad at me for asking that silly question?” I asked him. “Uhhhh, well, the thing is, my cousin Bom is a bit of a bully. You see, she might laugh and tease you because of what you’re wearing right now. But, but don’t get me wrong okay. She’s a nice person once you get to know her.” Explaining to him but didn’t get a response. He just keeps on walking. I got really impatient and asked him yet another question.

             “Can I borrow your bow tie? I promise to give it back to you when the day ends. Please.” I said pleading. He then stopped and looked at me like I’m a weird person. The next thing I knew he already removed it and handed it over to me. I took it and smiled at him.

             “Thank You!”, I said then grabbed his hand and dragged him to the garden.

 

YOUNG TABI POV:

 

             “What is this girl doing? Why drag me? I can walk on my own. She’s really weird and so..so carefree.” I thought.

             “We’re here!” she said and suddenly stopped which made me bumped at her.

             “Aaaaah!”

             The young boy stood up and run towards her.

            “Are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere?” he said.

            “I’m okay Jaejoong, don’t worry.” She assured him.

            The two girls sitting on the ground also stood up and went toward us.

            “You are such a worrywart Jaejoong.” The girl said in a tied up hair.

            The other girl in dress standing beside her elbowed her.

            “Ah unnie! Why did you do that?” yelling at her.

            “Bommie-ah stop being a baby!” she told her. “I’m sorry about that but we’re usually like this.”

            “Unnie, this is Dong Wook oppa, you’re of the same age. And oppa this is Han Byul unnie but you can call her Byul for short just like us.” ,introducing them.

            “Hi. Nice to meet you!” ,my brother said giving her a wide smile.

            “And this guy here is our friend Jaejoong and Bom my other cousin.” Dara continued.

            “So she is the Bom she was talking about a while ago. And she looks so mean.” I told myself.

            “Oh guys, this is Tabi, Dong Wook oppa’s younger brother.”

            That Bom girl looked at me and raised her eyebrows. She went near me with her arms crossed and said, “Will you let go of my cousin’s hand? Aren’t you being too fast?”

             Dara let go of my hand first after hearing what that Bom said.

            “You don’t have to point that out, Bommie-ah! Please, stop being so mean. And…and…I’m the one who held his hand first…I…I dragged him here that’s why…so stop it already, okay?” she said stuttering and turns red face because of embarrassment.

            “Hmmmp! Alright…alright…so stop defending him!” Bom said glaring at me.

             My brother, who is standing next to me, is trying not to laugh. I didn’t even say a word or two but I get this reaction from her. I’ll meet these people often so I guess I need to get on their good side first especially to that Bom girl so as to avoid this kind of conflict again. Atleast, I’ve got to find friends in an instant. Friends who might keep me company in the future. Even if it’s a bit chaotic at first, I know they are for keeps. They are my first friends.

            The young Bom went near the young Dara and whispered something on her ear. “Hey, someone is looking at us.”

            “Huh? Who?” ,the young Dara asked wondering.

            “The boy sitting on the corner,” when the young Dara was about to look, “Hey, don’t look just yet. Don’t be so obvious…later okay…just act like you’re just looking around.

            “But why? Maybe he wants to play with us too. Shouldn’t we invite him to play with us?” The young Dara said.

             The two keeps whispering to each other and then Jaejoong butted in.

             “What are you guys whispering about?” the young Jaejoong asked.

             “Uhhhhm, nothing just some girl stuffs that you need not to know. And Jaejoong, don’t stick your nose on other people’s business, will you?” Bom told him.

             “BOM!” The young Dara yelled at her which caught some of the party guest’s attention.

“Okay! Okay, I’ll zip this filthy mouth of mine. Geez, you’re scaring me.”

The young Dara gazed on the corner where the boy is sitted but he’s no longer there.

             “Who could that be? I should’ve taken a closer look on him a while ago.” She said wondering. The young Bom noticed her and looked at the direction where she is looking.

“You scared him away Dara!” Bom commented while laughing at her. The young Dara glare back at her and pouts.

             “I’m just joking! Look, I’m sorry okay?” she clings into her arm and said, “Please, don’t be mad at me. You know I can’t stand without having you around.”

The young Dara let out a deep sigh and said, “Okay but you should stop being so mean especially to Jaejoong and our new friend Tabi.”

“I’ll try..you see you can’t change people that fast but I promise I’ll try.”

“Oh Bommie, what will I do to you”

“Let’s just play, okay. Come on.” Bom said smiling at her.

End of flashback

 


 

“How long has it been? It’s nice remembering the old times every now and then.” She thought and starts to giggle.

“The bickering Bom and Tabi. Those two, they have come a long way.”

Dara lost track of time thinking of the past.

“Ooops, I better head to the resort now,” remembering the time.

She snapped out from her thoughts and hurries back to the resort house.

 

WRITER'S NOTE:

Thank you for reading my fanfic!!

Again, sorry if there's grammatical errors...This is my first fanfic ever!!

And this chapter is a bit longer than chap 1...^_^

 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS TOO..

 

And Subscribe...

 

Thank you!!