Thank you, dear readers!

Remember Me? We Kissed in Playschool! (Hiatus)

 

     A/N:          Okay, this is my little way of thanking all you lovely readers for letting me reach a hundred subbies. Although it may seem like a really small number to some, it's the highest I've ever reached, so thank you so, so, so much! This is just a little story of Taemin and Minho's childhood. It's not really connected to the story as a whole, but just there to tell you thank you. You can skip this, it won't affect the story's flow. But read it if you want some child!2min. :D And a thank you from them too! <3    

 _________________________________________________________________________________________    

A little boy of barely four stood on his tiptoes with his nose close to the frosted window. He puffed up his flushed cheek into an adorable pout and blew as hard as he could onto the window. His efforts were rewarded with a translucent haze coming over a part of the window and instantly his hand was up, with his stubby fingers drawing ridiculous designs on the window that now served as his makeshift drawing book. Another little boy stood some distance away, with his back towards the other. He was trying hard to be bad-tempered and angry. After all, it was really too wrong of Taemin to take away his precious candy like that! The boy at the window, who was the said Taemin, sighed a deep little sigh of repentance. He sat down on the cold floor and crawled towards the other boy who was standing resolutely.

“Sorry?” Taemin said, curling his plump lips up into an adorable smile. “I’m sorry, Minho. Tomorrow, I will buy you big, big, big candy, okay?”

            Minho, in his heart of hearts, had forgiven that boy before him. But his pride wouldn’t falter that easily. He shook his head and muttered, “No, I don’t want your candy! I want my candy!”

“B-but, Minho, I...er...ate it!” Taemin was genuinely shocked. How was he to reproduce a candy that was probably swimming through his digestive system right now?

              Minho stuck his tongue out with a mean expression and sat down on the floor determinedly. Taemin sat beside him for a while, his bottom lip quivering as he thought hard how to gain back Minho’s friendship. Suddenly, Minho felt a soft little hand curl into his own and little fingers entwine with his own. Minho looked down and spotted Taemin earnestly holding his breath and trying to catch a hold of Minho’s hand. Minho instantly broke into peals of laughter and said, “It’s okay, Taeminnie, I will be friends with you again.” Taemin smiled a rich smile and instantly enveloped Minho in a huge hug of pure and utter delight. Minho smiled back and the two boys resided in each other’s arms even as the sun shone precious rays of light on the two darlings.

          Ah, the beauty of childhood fights and forgiveness! Minho pulled apart suddenly and gazed at Taemin with a gaze of awe and wonderment. He sang at the top of his voice, as though bitten by a sudden feeling, “Taeminnie, I lub you!” Taemin stared at him for a few seconds and then joined in, as loudly as he could, “Ho-ho, I lub you!” They continued their song with higher and higher notes each time and finally they stopped, breathless and faint with laughter. Taemin collapsed in a heap and began laughing a tinkling sort of laugh uncontrollably, while Minho puffed up his cheeks and giggled beside him.

“Do you want to see magic?” Taemin got up with his ruffled, untidy hair and asked suddenly.

“Yesh!” Minho nodded vigorously, the hat perched atop his head going back and forth as did he.

“See this!” Taemin went to the window and blew, as he had done some time ago. As soon as the frosty air accumulated, his drew two quivery circles, added some more circles for the eyes, a line for the mouth and some for hair. He then announced proudly, “See! That’s me and you. This is me and this is you! Magic!”

“Not fair! I don’t look so bad also, okay? I look like a froggie here!” Minho pouted; his eyes staring critically at that circle that was meant to be him.

“No no, you look like that!” Taemin asserted, and started screaming at the top of his lungs, “Minho is a froggie! Minho is a froggie!”

“Am not!” Minho stuck his tongue out once more. Taemin giggled and came towards Minho and gave his flushed cheeks a sudden peck. Minho started and then wondrously asked, “Wae you did that?”

“Because...” Taemin started, leaning conspiratorially towards Minho. He lowered his tone and continued, “you look like a...FROGGIE!” That last word was uttered at the top of his lungs and Minho fell backwards with a thud. “Meanie!” He whined, rubbing his head as he bumped against the floor. “You meanie! You know, I learnt something new today. But you are mean, no? So I won’t show you!” Minho shook his head and stalked off as fast as his short, fluffy legs would carry him.

Taemin halted his uncontrollable laughter and burning with curiosity, he ran after Minho. “Ho-ho! Tell me what you learnt, pweaase? I’ll be nice to you, promise!”

Minho folded his stubby arms across his chest and stood a while, as though considering, “Okay...Maybe I can tell you...”

“Really?” Taemin’s eyes grew as wide as saucers and his smile grew wider than ever, “Re-a-lly?”

“No!” Minho screamed and waggled his pink tongue at Taemin excitedly, “I know something you don’t know!”

Taemin pouted and said petulantly, “Tell me! Tell me!”

“O-kay.” Minho said slowly. “I learnt a new number!”

“A number?” Taemin was beside himself with excitement. He loved numbers more than anything else!

“Yes!” Minho nodded. “Come to the window.” And they walked to the same place where Taemin had begun his artistic drawings. “Blow.” Minho commanded and Taemin did. He held his breath until he was quite blue in the face and then blew as hard as he could, watching the window frost into the translucent shade he loved so much.

“Now watch.” Minho said and proceeded to draw a crooked sort of a stick. He then added two circles one after the other just beside the stick. He paused, went behind and surveyed his art with evident pride, “This is the number. It’s called hundred.”

“Hundred?” Taemin let the word loll around in his mouth for a while. He liked the sound of that word. Minho came forward and took Taemin’s hand. “Yes, hundred.”

           Thank you, amazing readers for giving me something I’ve never ever experienced in my life – A hundred subscribers. Taemin and Minho thank you for this. See them? They’re peering at you through your computer screen just waiting to thank you. Taemin and Minho love you for watching their love blossom through the years. Support them till the very end, yes?

 

“Ah, Taeminnie, let’s say thank you to all these noonas here!” Minho says. Taemin nods and hand in hand, they come forward to thank you, all you readers, “THANK YOU SHO MUCH NOONA!”

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry, I'm just assuming we're all noonas here! Gosh, I feel mean. XD Anyhoo, THANK YOUU! <3