Roommates

12:51

IU was awfully quiet during their ride to the homestead.

 

 

Usually, she would break the ice by talking about how her school year in the city went and how well she was doing with her music skills. But today was an exception. She just sat there timidly and quietly, completely ignoring the Ahjumma's niece who was sitting beside her. The ahjumma saw her uneasy face and smiled to herself as she looked out of the car window.

 

 

"She's still the shy little darling that I've been taking care of." She said to herself. The Ahjussi looked at her for a moment before focusing all of his attention back on his driving.

 

 

 

"Did you say something honey?" He asked. The ahjumma shook her head as she looked back towards IU, who was still fiddling with her fingers with her head ducked down.

 

 

 

"Ji Eun-ah." The ahjumma called out with a smile. "You've been awfully quiet. Why not try to mingle with Young Bae here?"

 

IU pondered for a few minutes, wondering if she should take the chance to actually talk to the boy beside her.

 

 

 

"Auntie, I'm fine. I'm not really in the mood to talk anyway." Young Bae spoke out before placing himself back into his sleeping position. The ahjumma frowned, as she leaned towards him and slapped his thigh.

 

 

 

"Yah~ she's a nice girl. Why don't you give her a try first?" Young Bae peeked one eye open as he scanned IU from top to bottom. IU's uneasiness grew even more as she felt his eyes scanning her. She cleared as she drew her hands closer to herself.

 

 

 

"No thanks." He said as he went back to sleep again. IU pursed her lips and glared at him, taking it as an insult.

 

 

 

"Yah~ for your information, I happen to be a good conversationalist." She spat, crossing her arms on her chest. Taeyang gave off a soft chuckle as he snuggled closer to the car door. The Ahjumma, who was quitely eavesdropping on them smiled to herself in content, thinking that her plan worked like a charm.

 

 

 

"Then talk." IU was dumbfounded and couldn't process on what he mean't.

 

 

 

"Errr, What?" She asked. Taeyang stood up from his sleeping position as he looked at her with teasing eyes.

 

 

 

"You said awhile earlier that your a good conversationalist right? So talk. Entertain me." IU was taken aback and cursed herself for acting like a child. She had no choice now but to start thinking of a topic for them to talk about in order to save herself from the incoming embarrassment.

 

 

 

"Why'd you take a photo of me earlier today?" She asked. Taeyang's face lit up from shock, as he grew quiet for a moment. The ahjussi and the ahjumma who heard the question given by IU, also waited in anticipation for Taeyang's answer.

 

 

 

"I didn't." He simply said. Clearing his throat uneasily, he turned his gaze towards the scenery outside as he tried to divert himself from the intense gaze from the others.

 

 

 

"Really? Then why did you hide the camera when I asked you if you took a picture of me?" She asked again, eyeing Taeyang with a sly smile on her face. Taeyang looked at her with a cold and menacing glare which made IU stop from her advances.

 

 

 

"If you think that I took a picture of you, then your sadly mistaken. I was taking a photo of the interior of the train. Why would I take a photo of you anyway?" he asked. IU who was oblivious to the truth, thought that she acted foolish for even asking that kind of question. She puffed up her cheeks before giving out an awkward laugh.

 

 

 

"Oh......Ok then.......B-but if you think that I asked because I'm attracted to you, then your wrong. I was just......curious and couldn't think of a topic to talk about ." IU winced her eyes shut as she bit her lower lip, realizing her verbal blunder. IU took a moment to glance at Taeyang. Taeyang greeted her with a confused look on his face before lazily going back to his sleeping position. IU gave out a soft sigh before slouching back in her seat again. Unknown to the both of them, the ahjumma saw everything. She gave off a cheeky smile, thinking of another fool-proof plan to make them interact with each other again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IU slowly opened her eyes to the sound of the Ahjussi waking her up.

 

 

 

"Ji Eun-ah. We're here. Go wake up Young Bae-ssi." IU rubbed her eyes as she slowly sat up, giving her entire body a needed stretch. She looked to her right seeing Taeyang all snuggled up and sleeping soundly. The scene that happened earlier was still fresh in IU's mind that she decided that it was best to not embarrass herself further infront of him. She shook her head and asked the Ahjumma if she could be the one to wake him up instead of her. The Ahjumma smiled as she nodded her head.

 

 

 

As the car went to a full stop, IU opened up the car door but suddenly fell and landed onto the cold earth. She sighed as she mentally cursed her legs for falling asleep during the car ride. She tried to lift herself up, but a pair of strong arms beat her to it. She looked up and saw Taeyang's disapproving face, shaking his head before making his way to the trunk. IU ignored him as she dusted off the dirt from her blouse before taking in the beautiful scenery that was surrounding her.

 

 

 

"Beautiful right?" The Ahjumma said as she stood beside IU. IU nodded her head.

 

 

 

"By the way, you'll be sharing a room with Young Bae-ah during your stay here." IU looked at the Ahjumma with a surprised look on her face.

 

 

 

"Waaaeeeee?" She whined. The ahjumma surpressed a giggle.

 

 

 

"Well, the other room is unavailable since we turned it into a stock room. In the meantime, both you and Young Bae will be sharing a room together while we find another suitable room to put the old furniture in." IU ducked her head down in defeat, wishing that this was just a bad dream. Both Taeyang and the Ahjussi were both done taking out the luggage out of the car.

 

 

 

"Yah." Taeyang called out. The Ahjumma, poked IU and pointed towards Taeyang who was carrying his bag along with IU's suitcases. IU looked at him lazily, thinking that this will be one rotten vacation.

 

 

 

" Go help me carry these. After all, these are yours, ROOMY." Taeyang said, giving the last word more emphasis. IU fumed with irritation as she gave out a cute grunt, caring the remaining suitcases as she quickly followed Taeyang inside the house. The Ahjussi closed the trunk door with a bang before wiping the sweat from his forehead.

 

 

 

"Dear. You never told me you used the spare room as a stock room." The Ahjumma giggled before wrapping her arm with the Ahjussi's.

 

 

 

" I didn't." The Ahjumma said with a cheerful laugh before the both of them went inside.