You Again?

12:51

IU sat inside the back part of the car patiently, puffing her cheeks as she waited for the ahjumma to return. The thoughts about that mysterious nephew she mentioned earlier still lingered in her head. She leaned her head against the car's window, looking at the passing cars. After growing tired of counting passing cars, she started toying with the switch which controlled the windows. She smiled contentedly to herself as she watched the tinted window go up and down before her eyes. She suddenly heard a chuckle from the ahjussi, who was looking at her with a smile on his face.

"Wae?" She asked curiously. The ahjussi laughed again, leaning towards her as he pinched her cheeks.

"You never changed. You still behave like the 8-year old that I took care of for the past 10 years." IU gave out a cheeky smile, releasing out a bubbly giggle.

" Appa. I've missed you too. I've been away for too long here." The ahjussi gave out a sigh.

"Its been long since I heard you call me appa again." IU leaned towards the ahjussi who was on the verge of crying as she patted his shoulder lightly.

" I'm still your little baby you know." She said, breaking out another giggle. " Aish, Why'd appa became so emotional all of a sudden?"

The ahjussi, wiped his misty eyes with his thumb as he laughed.

" Forgive me. Excuse me for a moment, I think I need some air." IU nodded her head as he saw him open up the car door and went out. IU leaned back against the seat's backrest, her eyes growing misty as well. A tear erupted from her eyes and trickled down her soft cheek. She thought about her parents. Her REAL set of parents, who died in a car crash when she was still a little girl. She can never ever forget about that horrible tragedy. She can picture it clearly in her head though its as if it happened yesterday. She was lucky to be alive. IU remembered that she woke up in the hospital, in pain and a thick roll of bandages wrapping her head. The doctor informed her that she was lucky enough to survive that extremely twisted wreckage with only a few cuts and bruises. She could remember what the doctor said that really brought the stinging pain back again. Her parents DIDNT SURVIVE. She cried her heart out in the hospital for days. If not for the Ahjumma and Ahjussi who stayed with her in the hospital, she might not cope up and bring her back to her old self again. She was lucky that she had people like them in her life. They became IU's second mom and dad. They treated her like she was their own flesh and blood. The void of not feeling a mother's care and a father's warm concern was filled once again because of them. IU suddenly heard the car door unlocking. She quickly fixed herself up, hiding any evidence of her crying.

"Sorry it took so long." The Ahjumma brightly apologized as she occupied the front seat of the car, closing the door with a thud. IU cleared , smiling back with an equal amount of cheerfulness in her smile.

" That's alright Umma. It's fine." She said, her voice a bit cracking. The Ahjumma covered with her hands as she grinned.

"Omo~ its nice to know that your still consider me your Umma." IU nodded her head and smiled again. Not soon after, The Ahjussi came back inside the car, closing the door and placing the keys in the ignition.

"Aish, My back hurts. Honey, how come your niece carried alot? Its not like I'm getting any younger." The Ahjumma laughed and pecked him on the cheeks.

"Charming as always." IU felt another presence occupy the vacant space beside her in the backseat. The figure closed the door, and ran his fingers on his mohawk hair.

" I'm all set Sir. Shall we go?" the voice sounded awfully familiar, IU thought. IU suddenly gave out a gasp, covering with her hands.

"Yah, You again?" Not noticing at all, The Ahjumma, gave out a cheeky grin as a thought appeared in her head.

"Ji Eun-ah, this is the handsome nephew that I mentioned quite earlier. Taeyang, this is IU. Did I mention that he's handsome already?" The man who was named Taeyang, extended his hand for a handshake.

"Dong Young Bae. But you can call me Taeyang." He said breaking out a straight face, showing no emotion at all.