Ice-cream and dreads

Not badass enough for you?

It was three twenty in the afternoon, and Baekhee was fainting under the scorching sun. She cussed under her breath, believing that she's the biggest idiot in the country to believe that brat's words. He probably forgot about the project anyway. She turned away and started to walk home.

 

Fifteen and a half steps later, JR burst out from behind and pushed an ice-cream cone towards her. "It's okay, I've decided that I'll be the one who'll buy the ice-cream since I'm the older one." That annoying grin that Baekhee wanted to slap off so badly creeped onto his face while he bit on his own cone. Baekhee grabbed the cone and began walking down to the library.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Since Baekhee was done with her part of the project, she decided to spend her time, well.......sleeping. In a library.

 

JR was stuck at a part in their project and was fighting on the inside whether he should try to find the answer again for the tenth time or wake the peacefully sleeping you for consultation. He leaned over the table and stared at your sleeping face, blanking out momentarily. You stirred a little and he jerked up, going back to work at once.

 

"You're not done yet?" Baekhee frowned, rubbing her eyes. 

"I..umm....I'm kinda stuck at this part..." For once, he was actually sounding earnest about something, anything at all.

 

Baekhee shifted his laptop over to him and finished up the remaining of his part. Twisting her lips a little, she told him to wait a while, while she compiled their parts into the final project. JR noticed some little movements that he wouldn't usually see on the 'normal' Baekhee. Like how she'd scrunch her nose a little when she didn't know what to write, or how her face would brighten up for probably a second when she hit the jackpot. To be honest, he was amused. Very amused. 

 

A little while later, they were done and were walking out of the library. JR messed her hair up with that impish grin of his then waved goodbye while jogging away at the ever-so-annoyed Baekhee. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

The sky had just turned dark when Baekhee was making her way to the club. She'd ditched the uniform and gotten new clothes, feeling refreshed at the thought of being able to flaunt her dance skills again. She was in the middle of nowhere when she stopped walking abruptly, stretching her arms a little with her eyes closed, breathing in a dose of fresh air.

 

When she opened her eyes again, she was greeted with a familiar face with a certain smirk stuck on his face since the day they met when it rained. "Hey, haven't seen you around huh?"

 

"Wipe that smirk off, dreaded stranger." she said as she pushed Kai who'd decided to block her path. He jogged up to her and let out a laugh. "Don't worry, I'm no stranger for sure, and was that a word pun there?"

 

"The dreads are cool huh? You haven't told me your name yet."

"Neither have you, but too bad for you I'm not interested."

 

Baekhee mentally cursed her short legs when Kai was having no trouble adapting to her increased walking speed. "The name's Kai." She stopped walking to inspect him, as if checking if he was a crook, before muttering her name.

 

They stepped into the booming club, with Baekhee a few steps before Kai. Tonight was going to be a good night, no?

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry, and I know my reasons/excuses won't be of any use to correct the situation, but here's an update! :)

Thanks for sticking with me, and I hope I'll be able to update soon, maybe tomorrow, maybe the day after!

Happy Reading!!! :)

 

found the picture of Kai on tumblr!!