7

Just Another Story

First, i want to say Happy Birthday our Leader Bang Yongguk!

***

Jongup stretched his back while yawning. He wiped the tears that appeared at the corner of his eyes, looking up at the clock hanging across the room. That’s his first day waking up alone in the morning and he felt proud of himself. He rolled on his back, taking the fresh milk on the bedside table. Finishing the milk, he jumped out of the bed, stepping over his pillows and blanket, making his way out of the room.

            He walked down the stairs and went directly to the kitchen. He placed the glass on the sink before leaving without saying anything. He could hear some maids whispering to each other as he passed them. He stopped in his track at the back garden when he saw an unknown figure standing beside the pool.

            His eyes widened after he took some steps closer and got a clearer look of the person. His mouth agape. The person noticed his presence and greeted him.

            “ Good morning,”

            “ What the hell? You, how can? What are you doing here? How can you be here?”

            “ Ahh, that. Kim Himchan-ssi told Gun Young-ssi to take me here last night,”

            “ I see,” That’s the only word that came out from Jongup’s mouth. An awkward silence fell upon them. The boy continued looking down at the pool, ignoring Jongup who immediately leaving the place with blushed cheeks due to non-existent reasons.

***

            That day Himchan’s wedding party was held.

            “ Oh my God, I’m so nervous!” The bridegroom said with his usual exaggerated expressions. “ Jongupppiee!” He shook his cousin the same way his fiancé always does.

            “ Whatever, hyung, stop shaking me!” Jongup hold his cousin’s shoulder to stop him. “ Calm the hell down. You look good.” He added.

            “  Well thanks, I always look good, I’m Kim Himchan after all. But still, Jonguppieee, you don’t know, you just don’t know!” Himchan shook his head as he poked Jongup’s chest.

            “ Of course, I haven’t got married,” Jongup stopped his cousin from making a hole on his chest with his finger. Himchan inhaled more air.

            “ Whoa,” he said, calming down. “ By the way, where’s Daehyun-ssi?” He looked around. Jongup shrugged. “ Find him,”

            “ Nah, don’t want. C’mon let’s go, hyung, or else we’ll be late,”

            “ No Jongup, we go together. Find him,” Himchan pushed Jongup out of the room. Jongup only cursed under his breath. He told a passing maid to inform the guest who showed up not too long after with the poorest suit he ever seen. Even his school uniform’s still better than that.

            “ What the hell, bro? Where do you think we’re going? We’re going to my cousin’s wedding, not to some cheap clubs!” He couldn’t prevent himself from laughing. The laugh lasted until he realized that he’s laughing alone. It rare happens, but guilty immediately filled his chest as he saw the boy’s expression. He never felt that bad. He coughed.

            “ Well, you better change,” he said. The boy didn’t respond, head hung low. Jongup thought he already know the problem though. He felt like crying.

            “ Follow me,” he signaling the boy to follow him. They went to his dress room. He took him to the suits area.

            “ Choose whatever you like, the shoes are there.” He pointed to the other side of the room. The boy chose the suit carefully but he didn’t directly change.

            “ Our time’s ing limited!” Jongup said in annoyance.

            “ But…” the boy didn’t continue his words, only staring at him.

            “ What?”

            “ You….can you….at least shut your eyes?” his voice barely audible. Jongup facepalmed. He could feel his face burning.

            “ I-I’ll be waiting outside. Change quickly!” He slammed the door shut behind him. He held his chest where his heart beating faster than usual. He mentally cursed, leaning his back at the door.

            The back support suddenly opened minutes later made Jongup startled. He blinked his eyes.

            “ You’re done?” He asked unknowingly, scanning the boy like he always did. He looked different in a better way, again. No, he looked much better. He looked handsome in that all-white suit. Jongup needed to convince himself for times that it’s his suit which made the boy looked that good. It’s Corneliani after all.

            “ Is this okay? I don’t know what to wear…”

            “ That’s decent. C’mon,” Jongup grabbed his wrist, dragging him to the car.