Finally

Dabbles/One Shots

Title: Finally
Rating: PG?
Summary: It takes Jonghyun forever to ask Key out.
 

It was hard for Jonghyun to ignore the boy that sat on 2nd seat of the 5th row in his English class since the boy, Kibum, was good at English. The teacher knew that Kibum was one of the students with the best grade and would call on him often. Kibum would always stand up and answer the question correctly. There were really few things that Jonghyun knew about Kibum, for example that he liked to be called Key, that he had spent part of a summer in the USA thanks to a school program, that he listened to English music, and he was good at speaking English. Jonghyun figured that the trip and the music was why Key was so good in English class. Up until now, he had tried to approach Key but it was a well-known fact that Jonghyun could not operate properly when the younger man was around him. Therefore, Jonghyun had embarrassed himself more than once in front of Kibum. Key would always just look at him and give him a small smile which made Jonghyun’s knees jelly, as half of the class laughed at him. That did not stop him from trying to ask the younger man out on a date daily.

As he approached Key, all of their classmates began to quiet down and began to focus their entire attention on the two of them. Jonghyun sat quietly on the desk next to Kibum and whispered a “hi” in English. A smile that wiped Jonghyun’s thoughts clean every single time appeared in Key’s lips before he answers with a “Hey Jonghyun, how are you?”
“Good. You?”
“I’m good.”
“Is there something you want Jjong?” Key had started using that as a nickname about the 5th time that Jonghyun had tried to ask him out
“Yeah, well kinda, I mean-” Jonghyun knew he was blabbering but there was a reason as to why he had never really said more than two words to Kibum. “I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?” His tongue felt heavy as the words slipped from his lips.

Jonghyun heard the whole class gasp and that's when he panicked. He had finally done it; he had finally asked Key out. His hands would not stop shaking and he could feel the sweat on the back of his neck travel down onto his back. The drops of cold sweat made his skin breakout into goose bumps and the hairs on his arms stand up. Key looked at him before letting a smile break forth and his eyes disappearing into slits.

“Sure, I thought you would never ask me.” Those words and a small chuckle made Jonghyun’s brain short-circuit and he could only stare at Key as if he had grown an extra head. Key raised an eyebrow and just looked at him.
“Are you sure?” Another chuckle and a second later, Jonghyun felt himself being pulled away.
“I’ll take him before he can embarrass himself further. He’ll give you the details of the date tomorrow.” Jonghyun could only stare at Key with a shy smile and waved before Minho pulled him out of the room.
“You finally did it hyung.”
Jonghyun smiled “He said yes!” Minho only shook his head at his hyung’s antics and lead the older boy to his next class, knowing that the older boy was not going to pay attention to any of his classes for the rest of the day now that he had to plan a date.

“Hyung try to pay attention on your next class”
“Yeah, yeah”
“We need to hurry or we are going to be late”
“You just want to hurry so that you can see Taemin”
“What? Hyung-”
“You like him!”
“I think he is cute but-”
“Denial” said Jonghyun with a smile “does not look good on you. Besides, Taemin is a good kid; asking him out already”
“Jonghyun-hyung I-” was cut off once again
“Oh hey Taemin” and with that small sentence Minho blood froze, as Jonghyun sneaked into this classroom with a million and one ideas of his first date with Key in his head.

Minho slowly turned to face Taemin, who had a stunned look on his face as his lips whispered a soft “hyung?” The older boy gulped and stared into Taemin’s eye before determination flickered in his eyes. He had to do this once and for all.