Jonghyun's Confession

Dabbles/One Shots

Title: Jonghyun’s confession
Rating: PG [Angst]
Summary: Jonghyun confesses to Key after he broke up with her. There was no other way Key could have reacted.
 

“I'm in love with you”

After the older man had uttered those words, silence settled on the room. After he register the words, he wanted to grab the first thing that he could reach and throw it against the wall, a cry of “why now” on the tip of his tongue. He wanted to understand why it was always like this; he had being waiting for those words all along. His stomach felt heavy, his eyes burned from the fact that he was trying to hold in his tears, and his heart wouldn’t stop beating at an irregular pace. He looked at the place were a picture of her and him was supposed to be, only to find it gone, and that was when the tears started. His teeth shut close and his nostrils flared as the tears traveled down his face. He didn’t want to cry, he hated crying but why? His eyes shut as he willed the tears to stop; they did. Kibum felt a hand caress his cheek and it started to whip his tears but once he opened his eyes, he realized that it was his own hand. A broken laugh was released from the bottom of his throat. Why? There was no answer and his knees gave away; the floor was cold and his hands hit the ground loudly. A second later, his eyes opened and he looked around the room. He needed to get out, he had to get out. He could be here no longer, he needed to escape. He stood up blindly and reached the door; it was the only thing he could see through the water that had gather on his eyes; blurring his vision.


His heart hurt and his body felt heavy as he reached the doorknob. Why am I here again? He couldn’t help but wonder why he came back knowing the other didn’t want him, knowing he had her. The older man didn’t need him anymore. The silence was broken by a single word was uttered by the other occupant in the room. A single word that made him freeze for a second. “Stay” His eyes still could only see the door and with a shake of his head, his hand touched the doorknob. “Please?” Another shake of his head and he opened the door. He was done. He could do this no longer. He closed the door and started to walk down the hall ignoring the urge to run as fast as he could while trying to contain his tears. He could only see the exit. He fought when two arms wrapped around his torso. He tried to free himself, pulling and scratching at the arms, twisting to hopefully loose the grip the other had on him. The warmth of those arms made the tears start. “Please don’t go” With a sob, Kibum knew he couldn’t go, he wouldn’t go.