.31

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter song: I Will Forget You by Park Shinhye

 

 

[Shinhye’s POV]

The pain will soon disappear, someday. I don’t know when it would but as I put my cellphone onto my desk and lie down on my bed that night, I start to think back, deeply. People around me are worrying, people who care for me like my parents, Taemin, Boyoung and Soohyun…

My parents never got tired in trying to cheer me up, Taemin even bought me food every weekend nights since the news about Yonghwa came out, Boyoung always tried to bring me out of the house and from company, trying to make me forget and Soohyun, he was always there for me whenever I felt down.

At least I should care for them just like the way they did to me.

 

I sigh, turn and think back on his words earlier.

“Try and forget Jung Yonghwa. If you can’t, at least pretend like you did. At least in front of me. Can you do that?”

 

----

 

“Have you decided on your first song?”

“Yes, Yun-shi.” I answer with a smile.

She returns it and stands up from her chair. My unofficial debut will be in a few weeks’ time where I will be doing the opening act for the company’s famous boy band’s showcase. No, not CN Blue. They’re not disbanded yet but they have been in a hiatus since the scandal happened. I rarely see those three guys in the building. Some are acting, some are composing songs, but I never saw them together on stage ever since.

It’s the showcase of their new band that I'd be performing at, FT Island.

“Send the song for review. I heard you wrote the song yourself, Shinhye-shi.” She says, walking closer towards me.

“Yes. Thank you, Yun-shi. I’ll work hard.”

The kind director taps my shoulder and soon, she asks me to leave her room.

Debut… How crazy does it sounds. If Yonghwa were here, what would happen? My vision’s getting blurrier that I quickly remind myself that I’m moving on. I already promised myself the other night that I’d change. Jung Yonghwa is just a past now, nothing more.

 

 

“Shinhye-ya.”

“Uh?” I look up, snapped from my daydream just to see Soohyun. The sound of people buzzily chatting and the yummy smell of food in the crowded restaurant came back to my senses and I realize that I’m back to this unreal world.

“I heard your debut is going to be in a few days’ time. You’ve been busy practicing lately that we haven’t got the chance to chat. What kind of song is it?”

“Yeap. I wrote the song myself. You have to wait and hear it for yourself if you’re curious.” I reply, forcing a smile and a cheery voice, just like what I have been doing since these past weeks with him and also my family.

It helps, a bit but sometimes, I hate doing that and when I look back at those people's faces, I always ended up telling myself that it’s okay.

Smile.

“Uwa, a singer and songwriter! What a great package! People are going to love you.”

Again, I force a smile and seeing him smiling like this makes me feel better.

Yeah, this is the path that I should be going and this is how I should do it. There’s no point looking into the past when the present it the most important thing in my life right now.

 

---

 

[Soohyun’s POV]

My head feels light, it’s like everything in this world is mine when I see her like this. Her smile is the most beautiful thing in this world, how I wish I can see it every day. How I wish I could kiss her whenever I feel like I want to.

How I wish she’s mine.

Maybe, maybe now is the perfect time. Jung Yonghwa is no longer a part of her life, and I’m sure he’s fading from her heart. I should take my huge step and ensure her mine. Finally, after all these while.

“Shinhye-ya.”

“Yeah?”

“Before your performance this weekend… Can we meet? I want to tell you something very important.” My voice oddly shakes and my heart’s racing.

“What is it about? Can you tell me now?” She as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter