Again

Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The rapper laughed and shrugged:

_ Well, I’ve been your private driver for years. So I don’t mind taking you with me. The problem is... Not sure the doctors are dismissing you yet. 

Puzzled, the brunette questioned:

_ Huh? If I die, why would I need them to let me go with you? I wanna know if we can stick together on the other side. Where did you stay? Heaven or hell?

Moonbyul scratched her hair and frowned:

_ Unnie, not sure if the meds kicked or... Your brain got damaged. 

_ My brain...? But I have a cardiac condition. 

The younger one sighed and said:

_ No, you don’t You were in a car crash during your solo tour in the country. Unnie, you were in a coma for a month. 

Yongsun’s jaw dropped and she widened her eyes before exclaiming:

_ I am probably losing my mind. This must be my imagination. Losing you ten years ago and constantly missing you made me fantasize that you are here.

The rapper placed her phone on her best friend’s chest and said:

_ Ddun, Look at me and yourself. We are the same. How could you have lost me ten years ago? Here, check your face.

The brunette slowly turned the device over and looked at her image.

“What is happening? Did I finally lose it completely? I should have found a shrink”._ The brunette saw her old self, with no wrinkles and no visible white hair.

Yongsun exhaled and stated:

_ Byul-ah, I’m not a lunatic. You asked me not to work with Sodam and I refused. Then we had a terrible fight. Long story short, I saw your body. I cleaned it and dressed it in the morgue. How can you say it didn’t happen if I’ve been mourning you in front of your grave for ten years???

The younger female lost her smile and teared up while getting closer to glue their foreheads.

_ Oh, Yong...My Ddunnie... Is that how your brain has been torturing you? Honey, I would never make you choose between your career and I. 

Bursting into tears, the brunette’s voice cracked:

_ I know, Byul Byul. But...

Exhaling, the taller one wiped her lover’s face after stepping back.

_ It is true I don’t like that person. I mean...she wants my girl. But I respect you both as artists and women. Babe, that “parallel universe” is impossible. If you ever play a romantic role with her, I’ll be there giving instructions on how to be more natural. Can you imagine yourself not being awkward while doing this level of skinship in public?

The artist laughed despite still having tears rolling down her cheeks.

_ I’m so confused, Byul-ah. Please, help me believe this fantasy. I need you alive.

Smirking all cocky, the rapper asked:

_ Can I call the maknaes and watch you being all fluffy and in love with me while you chat with them? I may never ask you for a public display of affection again.

“This is so her! Is it...possible? In ten years, I never had such a vivid memory of her presence like this one.” _ The dark-haired female remained silent.

_ Okay, I’ll ask the doctor to come here. Your glassy stare is freaking me out._ The attractive and slim female mumbled and walked out of the room.

The artist touched her arms, thighs, and face and kept questioning her sanity.

Ten minutes later, a stranger showed up, followed by her best friend.

The physician seemed to be partially foreign, but his Korean pronunciation was impeccable.

_ Nice to meet you, Yongsun SSI. I’m Doctor Choi. It’s great to see you awake. 

Stuttering, the brunette asked:

_ Is this real? I was in a coma? How about my heart?

The man, who was in his mid-thirties, smiled and replied:

_ I’m the head of the neuro department. Your case is in my hands from the start. The entire hospital did dozens of tests and your vital organs are fine. The only concern was your brain. Due to the accident, you suffered internal bleeding and the intracranial pressure scared us all. Although I’m great in my field, we might say you are living proof of a miracle. None of us could wake you up. Several plans failed. 

_ So how did I wake up? And why do I have memories of a decade? An inexistent one?_ The stunning brunette questioned.

The neurosurgeon glanced at the rapper and smirked.

_ That girl over there forbade me to give up. Byul-YI never left the side of your bed. She fought the hospital policies, the nurses, and everybody. Just to sit on a horrible chair and speak to you. She barely slept for the entire month. Yesterday, she talked to you and you got out of the coma.

_ Huh? But I just remember waking up one hour ago._ Yongsun frowned.

Doctor Choi patted the patient’s leg and said:

_ You are right about this part. You woke up an hour ago. But your brain waves changed yesterday. And many other details I suppose you won’t understand at the moment. We’ve been monitoring you for the last 23 hours. It was hard to predict what might happen. But here you are. Fully awake.

Biting her lip, the brunette asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter