The sound of the silence

Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The 43-year-old former singer did her groceries wearing simple clothes as usual.

Sometimes, people would give her a side eye when they noticed her sloppy appearance and her old flip-flops.

Yongsun couldn’t care less about those reactions. In fact, she would make things worse on purpose.

While visiting the hygiene section, the brunette looked at the shelves and thought she should stop dying her hair.

For over 18 years, the beautiful woman struggled to keep a basic image that wasn’t even real.

The first white strands showed up in her mid-twenties and she cared for being a public figure. 

Now, she was just Kim Yongsun, the woman who lived from investment profits and royalties. 

Her introverted self didn’t interact with others more than the strictly necessary.

Mrs. Kim resented her younger daughter for neither visiting nor calling. 

However, the dark-haired female sought solitude.

Even the slightest display of joy made her think of Moonbyul and her cute Indian dimples and the hamster's happy face.

Yongsun was a functional human who could understand others needed and deserved happiness.

Nonetheless, she felt bitter towards everyone who quickly moved on while her Byul-YI was decomposing in the cemetery.

Despite Yonghee’s attempts to drag her to therapy, the singer would sit in front of the shrink in silence for 40 minutes.

After three appointments, the female picked up her car and drove to the beach.

Yongsun continued lost even after 3 years Moonbyul passed away 

When the company CEO offered her a chair on the board, Yongsun felt like telling him to off.

She remembered how eager the rapper was to become part of the producer team.

All of Yongsun’s world revolved around Byul-YI and it seemed the universe kelt conspiring against her.

Eventually, the brunette used her brain and accepted the offer under the condition of simply writing a song here and there for others and voting in certain moments.

The man feared for her mental health and career. 

She told him her only concern was praying for her to leave their world.

Such comment triggered the producer enough to call Hwasa.

The super popular singer gathered Wheein, Yonghee, and Yongsun’s parents.

Terrified, the group did an intervention to open the brunette’s eyes.

She heard each one of them expressing their love and their deepest fear.

After quietly listening to the group talk for over an hour, the former singer stated:

__ So you all think I may take my life. Let me tell you something. I would have done it when I saw her cadaver. But Byul-YI will never be in hell. I don’t know what happens when we die. I just know she is in a good place. And killing myself will send me far away from her. You should relax now. Stop helping! It disturbs me deeply.

__ Yongsun-ah, Byul-YI is dead! And you are alive. Many people love you. We need you. It’s time you behave like the adult you are.__ The mother exclaimed.

The daughter looked at her mother with indignation and responded:

__ Well, I’ll tell unnie to become a and throw a party at your funeral. How does it sound? Adult enough?

__ Yong, calm down. Mom is just trying to help.__ Yonghee intervened.

Shrugging, the brunette declared and stood up:

__ You all can st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter