6

At The Mercy Of Cruel Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the new chapter

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

ejoyy!

 

 

May 2021

 

‘Just sleep here, hmm?’

‘I can’t just ditch Seungwan’ Joohyun is staring at her own face in the mirror, checking whether her eyes have swollen really badly after all the crying.

‘Why not? She’ll understand that we just met after what?’ Seulgi tilted her head. ‘A decade, right?’ she sneered. ‘I can’t believe we managed to fool them till today.’

Joohyun is not impressed with what Seulgi just said right now; her knitted eyebrow is proof.

‘I told Seungwan we already catch up, so I need to go now.’ She is heading towards the door.

'Yah, we just met.’ Seulgi blocked her way. 'We're having a great conversation just now.’

‘And??’ Joohyun pushed Seulgi to the side. ‘We're done talking, right?’

Now Seulgi is back, clenching her jaw, stopping Joohyun once again ‘Why are you being like this again? I'm just asking you to sleep here.’

‘Why would I sleep here Seulgi?’

‘To catch up? There is more to talk about,’ she pressed.

‘no’ Joohyun dismissed the idea: ‘If we talk again, another argument will happen, and I don’t have that energy anymore. I'm tired, so I want to sleep.’

‘That is why I asked you to sleep here. You don’t have to walk back to your room.’

Joohyun exhaled loudly,'move Seulgi’ eyes bore into Seulgi monolid eyes that stared back with the same intensity.

They will have another fight if she doesn’t leave, so Joohyun desperately wants to escape this place.

‘I don’t want to’ Seulgi stated, ‘You kept in contact with her till today; can’t you just stay here with me now?’

‘I can’t! It would be weird to ditch her and sleep with you –

‘Why would it be weird? We're just friends, right?’ Seulgi retorted sarcastically, ‘We are best friends that lost contact for a decade, and now –

‘Stop it, will you?’ Joohyun cut off the taller one words, ‘what you want me to do then? Tell them the truth?’

‘Wouldn’t that be better, though? Said you ready to be a disappointed child to your parents?' she mocked.

It is too late to take back her words now; they rolled out of her tongue without Seulgi even realising it.

‘How can you say that to me Seulgi?’ Joohyun questioned her ex-lovers, her voice shaking as she said that.

The monolid woman knew what she went through, yet she still mocks her in the face right now.

Seulgi hurt Joohyun with her cruel words once again. It is so malicious of her to use Joohyun's past words just to win this argument.

‘Joohyun’ she grabs the woman's wrist when Joohyun dashes towards the door.

‘Let me go!’ She yanked her hand away, only to be grabbed by Seulgi right away.

‘Hyun, you know I didn’t mean that’ Seulgi pulled Joohyun away from the door; her firm grasp on Joohyun's wrist might leave a mark and hurt the fragile woman.

Both are getting physical; one is trying to grab and hold that person's in place, while Joohyun is pushing and taking a step backward, trying to break free from Seulgi's grasp.

Their hand in the air, Seulgi might have gone a bit far this time... She used too much strength in her effort to cage Joohyun.

Her action will definitely leave a bruise on Joohyun's arms.

‘Hyun, Hyun I'm sorry’ She freed the woman's wrist but didn’t really let Joohyun walk out.

Now gently trying to check the woman's arms, Seulgi feels worried, but their situation right now doesn’t allow Seulgi to do that.

‘Let me go Seulgi!’ She demanded through her gritted teeth.

Seulgi reached out her hand, trying to hold Joohyun's hand, but the woman avoided her.

‘Hyun I'm really sorry, I just –

‘You always like this, you know that? It's always about you, just you.’ Joohyun spatted, ‘why can’t you think about others too Seulgi?’

He monolid finally remained still, eyes on the floor… too ashamed to look at Joohyun in the eye…

She remains standing there when Joohyun walks past her, and then the sound of the door being opened and closed reaches her ears.

Seulgi knows what she said is wrong, and her act of forcing Joohyun to stay is a bit hostile.

But all she wants is to spend more time with Joohyun. They were reminiscing about their past just fine, but suddenly Joohyun wants to leave.

Why is it her fault here that they got into a fight again?

Don’t Joohyun want to talk with her too?

 

….

 

June 2021

 

‘Why are you even here Seulgi?’ Joohyun asked when she ran into her ex-lover for the third time.

At this rate, Joohyun is convinced that running into Seulgi is the way God punishes her for her sin.

‘I live here’ Seulgi scans the box that Joohyun carried, and she proceeds to take it from the woman.

Joohyun just let Seulgi carry the box; she could hear the monolid woman follow right behind her.

‘How’s your arms?’ She asked, she did send Joohyun an ointment when they returned to Seoul after she found out where the woman lived.

‘You didn’t hurt me physically’

Seulgi felt a pang in her heart when Joohyun said that. She admitted it; she still hasn’t changed. She's still hurting Joohyun.

Still, maybe this time she can make up for her mistakes…

‘You gonna move into my place or what?’ Seulgi joked, as if their last encounter had ended peacefully.

Joohyun tsked, ‘what a bad luck I have in my life’ she muttered, ‘thought moving into a new place would keep you away from me.’ Now she said it out loud purposefully, wanting Seulgi to hear that.

‘You seriously mean you know’ Seulgi blurted out, walking into the elevator, still carrying Joohyun stuff. ‘But I guess you’re right; I am the bad luck in your life…’

Joohyun didn’t say anything this time; she kept her eyes on the button on the elevator, hoping it would reach her floor unit fast.

‘Your previous house is nice, though; why move out?’ She asked, changing the subject. Feeling bad with her last words.

‘Because you knew where I lived.’

‘You avoided my text after that night in Jeju; you didn’t give me a choice other than tracking you down’

‘Don’t it occur to you that I don’t want to have anything to do with you anymore?’

The elevator slides open when they arrive at the floor where Joohyun apartment unit is located.

‘Hyun….’ Seulgi calls the woman softly, still carrying Joohyun stuff and still following the woman.

They arrive at 803, and Joohyun punches the password, but then the door swings open, revealing Seungwan.

‘Oh Seulgi?’ Seungwan shifts her eyes back-to-back between Joohyun and Seulgi.

‘She lives here too’ Joohyun explained, along with a sighed, how she ran into Seulgi in the lobby.

It made Seulgi realise Joohyun didn’t like the idea of living in the same apartment building with her. Does Joohyun hate her that much?

Don’t Joohyun want to solve things after their night in Jeju?

‘I'm on floor twelve, 1203’ Seulgi takes a look at Seungwan; that woman never really liked her but didn’t treat her badly either.

‘Ahh…’ Seungwan responds passively; she proceeds to help Joohyun with the other box in the living room.

Seulgi is still holding the box.

‘You guys move in together?’ She asked, trying to be friendly, while the truth is that she was desperately curious.

‘No, Seungwan is just helping me with moving.’ Joohyun answered without looking at Seulgi, who was standing like a pillar at the entrance.

The monolid woman observes the situation, how Seungwan looks really close and touchy with Joohyun.

They are taking stuff out of box, not really an action where skinship could happen, but Seungwan seems so smooth at it.

This reminds Seulgi of their past, since Joohyun is a touchy person. She got jealous when Joohyun clung onto Seungwan.

They got into a fight once because of that, but Seungwan never expressed her feelings towards Joohyun.

And being a lesbian was not a common thing at all back then. Joohyun assures her that Seungwan is hundred percent straight since Seungwan had a crush on a boy.

Now though, now Seulgi isn’t sure about that anymore… feeling can grow, just like how it happens between her and Joohyun.

They were so scared when they figured out their feelings were not innocent back then.

'Seulgi, you can put the box down’

Joohyun's voice stopped her train of thought and brought her back to reality, where she was standing at the entrance and staring at the two.

Taking off her shoes, she places the box near the couch. Taking one last look at the place.

‘Nice decor’ she blurted out

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter