Chapter 1

Let me mend your broken heart..

"Your majesty!" shouted a guard who was seen walking into the great hall hurriedly.

"Hmm.."
"Whats the problem, guard?"

"I've something to report, your majesty"said the guard respectfully

"Go ahead"

"Its about Prince Jaejong"
"He's been kidnapped by the dark forces" reported the guard

"WHAT?!"
"Prince Jaejong?!"
"Didnt i tell you all to stay by Prince Jaejong all the time?!"
"Why did you all let such horrible mistake happen?!"
"Gather the Lee Knights now!" shouted the King angrily

"We're truly sorry for such accident to happen, your majesty"
"We're ready to be responsible for this, taking any kind of punishment for this mistake" said the guard before he bowed and went off to the Lee Knights' mansion.

Lee Knights' Mansion

"My respects to the Lee Knights" said the guard as he entered the Lee Knights' mansion.

"Oh, what brings you here?" asked Donghae

"Im here to inform you that your majesty had requested to see you at the great hall now"
"Together with the other Lee Knights" informed the guard politely as he bowed at Donghae.

"Me? Us?"
"Whats wrong?" asked Donghae

"Im not supposed to tell"
"You will know it when you meet the King" said the guard as he led Donghae, together with 3 other Knights to the great hall.

The Great Hall


"Donghae! You're here at last!"
"I've been expecting you!" exclaimed the King as he saw Donghae with 3 other Knights walking into the great hall.

"Yes, your majesty"
"Im here"
"So may i ask, why do you need me?"

"Ahh yes"
"Prince Jaejong has been kidnapped by the dark forces"
"So i would like you and your Knights to help me save Prince Jaejong back here"

"Your wish is under my command, your majesty"
"But i would just like to ask, why is it that the dark forces are able to get here?"
"The portal from the underworld to the heaven, from what i know"
"Its only the royalties who can open it up, if not, there's no way the dark forces are able to get in here"

"That"
"Im still investigating"
"So hurry now to save Prince Jaejong before it gets too late" said the King

"On my way" replied Donghae as he bowed to the King and ran off together with the other 3 Knights to look for Prince Jaejong.

After Donghae&his other 3 Knights left, the King summoned for his older brother to help me investigate who actually opened the portal for the dark forces to abduct Jaejong away.
Jaejong was the King&Queen's 1st born, which is to say, he'll be the one who's gonna ascend the throne in future.
Furthermore, Jaejong was borned with the ability to control the 5 elements of the world, which increased his importance in the realm.
Few minutes later, the King's older brother came back with a guard who was incharge of guarding the portal between realm of heaven&underworld.

"Here, my little brother!"
"He was on duty when Prince Jaejong went missing!"
"You can question him about the whole happening!" said the King's older brother as he threw the guard onto the floor.

"Now you!"
"Who were the ones who opened the portal for the dark forces?!"
"You were the one guarding, you should prevent the person from opening it"
"Why didnt you?!" shouted the King.

"Your.. majesty.."
"It was.. Princess Sooyeon.."
"She wanted to play with the portal.."
"But i didnt allow her to.. so she used her power and controlled my weapon.."
"It hit me at the back of my head.. and i went unconscious.."
"Thats when she opened the portal.."
"Please forgive me, your majesty!" cried the guard as he looked down onto the floor, not daring the look up at the King.

"WHAT?!"
"IT WAS SOOYEON?!"
"What does she think she was doing?!" shouted the King angrily as he stormed out of the great hall, towards Sooyeon's room.

Princess Sooyeon's Room

"JUNG SOOYEON!" shouted the King as he flung open Sooyeon's door.
"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO GO NEAR THE PORTAL?!"
"NOW LOOK AT YOUR MISCHIEF WHICH LANDED YOUR BROTHER IN DANGER!"

"Appa..?" called Sooyeon with teary eyes.
"I didnt.. I was with Soojung all along.." sobbed Sooyeon

"Unnie was with me, appa" added Soojung who was just sitting next to Sooyeon on the bed.

"DONT LIE, SOOYEON"
"THAT GUARD WHO WAS GUARDING THE PORTAL HAD TOLD ME THE TRUTH!"
"Soojung, come over here"
"Unnie's getting her punishment for being so playful" said the King as he took a cane out.

"SOOYEON, you better come over here and roll up your pants!" ordered the King angrily

"Ye..ss.. Appa.." stuttered Sooyeon as she followed the King's order.

After
little Sooyeon rolled up her pants, the King started caning little Sooyeon's thigh.
Little Sooyeon only gritted her teeth and stood there, bearing the pain of every hit without letting out a single cry.
Little Soojung instead, started crying after seeing
little Sooyeon being in so much pain.
Her calves were actually bleeding but the King was really mad at
little Sooyeon, thus didnt stop till little Soojung came and tugged the King's pants,
pleading him to stop.

From young, little Sooyeon&Soojung had this special connection within each other which explains their close relationship.
While on the other hand, Jaejong, their eldest brother didnt have connection within each other but really loved his two little sisters.
He was willing to do anything for his two adorable sisters, bringing them smiles everyday.

"Sooyeon! You better thank
Soojung for stopping me!"
"I dont wish to see the 2nd time happening, you hear me?!" scolded the King as he threw the cane onto the floor and walked off.

"Unnie.." sobbed
little Soojung
"Are you in pain..?"

"Ani, unnie's not pain" smiled Sooyeon as she patted Soojung's head.
"Come on Soojung, its time for you to go back to your room"
"Appa&omma will ask you for dinner soon!" said
little Sooyeon as she lightly push little Soojung out of her room.

"What about you unnie..?"
"I want to be with you!" pouted
little Soojung

"Hahas, i'll be down later"
"Just go back to your room first okay?"

"Okay, pinky promise unnie!" giggled
little Soojung as she stretched our her hands to make the pinky promise with her.

"Promise"
"Now get going" smiled
little Sooyeon

As soon as
little Soojung left the room, little Sooyeon sat on her bed&started crying.
Tears fell down her face like raindrops, blood from her calves stained the bedsheets of her bed.

"Why appa..?" sobbed
little Sooyeon
"It really isnt me.."
"Why is it that you believe the guard more than your daughter..?" sobbed
little Sooyeon as she started to clean up her calves, applying medicine on it.

Every bit of medicine applied stung the wound, but the most painful thing was - the pain that the King had caused her, inside her heart.

*Knock Knock!*

"Princess Sooyeon, the King&Queen has requested you to come down for dinner" said one of the maid outside the door.

"Okay, coming" replied Sooyeon as she rolled down her pants and went down to the dinning hall.

At the dining hall, everyone had started dining which is not like the usual.
Usually, for every meal, they will have to wait till everyone's there before starting.
Seems like the King's still mad at
little Sooyeon.
As soon as Sooyeon sat down on her usual seat, the Queen spoke.

"Sooyeon, you know"
"Im very disappointed in you"
"Your mischief brought your brother into a dangerous position" said the Queen sadly

"Omma, i really.."
"Its really not me who did it.." cried
little Sooyeon

"Look, dear"
"Look at your precious daughter"
"She's trying to cover up her lie, AGAIN"
"Like previously!" said the King angrily

"Sooyeon, its not a wise thing to lie"
"If you did it, you just have to admit it" explained the Queen

"I really didnt do it, omma.." whispered
little Sooyeon.

She knew that there's no point quarrelling with her parents.
Her parents would always thought that she's the troublemaker,
bring trouble one after another to them.

After dinner, little Soojung followed up to little Sooyeon's room, wanting to play with
little Sooyeon.
But instead of playing together, Sooyeon brought Soojung onto her bed and talked to her.

"Soojung.."
little Soojung started with a serious expression.

"Unnie..?"
"Yes unnie..?"

"Soojung, if unnie's not around you anymore"
"You have to take care of yourself okay..?"

"Why would unnie not be around Soojung anymore..?"

"Nothing, unnie wants to know if you can be independant without me being around" said
little Sooyeon as she ruffled little Soojung's hair.

"Of course I can!"
"I can and i will!"
"I want to make unnie proud of Soojung!" exclaimed Soojung happily

"Good, unnie will always be proud of you, Soojung"
"Soojung will always be unnie's best little Soojung" smiled
little Sooyeon as a drop of tear fell down her cheeks.

After talking to
little Soojung, little Sooyeon brought little Soojung out to play.
It was until bedtime before little Sooyeon tucked
little Soojung in bed before heading back to her room.

Little Sooyeon's POV

Appa&Omma now hates me..
Because of something i've not done..
I think i should leave them so that the whole palace's atmosphere wont be so weird..
Where should i go..?
Hmm..
I think i can go down to Earth and live my life there.
Maybe without my presence here, everything will turn back to normal..
Bye, Soojung&Jaejong oppa.
Saranghae.
I love you too, appa&omma.
Bye.

End of Little Sooyeon's POV

Inside little Sooyeon's room, she started packing her clothes&money in preparation to live in Earth.
She knew little things about Earth, but she just wanted to leave.
The King&Queen lost their trust in
little Sooyeon, doesnt believe her at all.
They only believed the guards which made
little Sooyeon think if there were really trust&love between her&her parents.
The more she thought of how the King&Queen did to her, she doubted love&trust even more.
In the end, she made up her mind - there's nothing such as love&trust, 'cause it never existed in her.
As soon as she finished packing, she scribbled down a letter and left it on her desk.

"Dear Appa/Omma/Soojung/Jaejong Oppa,

Im sorry, i didnt know my presence here would made appa&omma flare up.
Made them so disappointed.
Im truly sorry, appa&omma.
I'll leave now, i think my leaving will make appa&omma feel much better in the palace.
Since appa&omma felt that i was the one who did everything and landed Jaejong oppa in a dangerous situation,
im sorry.
But, i know you all wont believe me.
With Jaejong oppa's abduction incident, it really had nothing to do with me.
I know appa&omma hate me now, because of Jaejong oppa.
But appa&omma, saranghae.
Please help me take care of Soojung.
Saranghae, Soojung&Jaejong oppa.

With love,
Sooyeon"


Tears started rolling down
little Sooyeon's face as she finished her last word.

"I hope you all will be happy without me" whispered Sooyeon as she took a last look at her room and left for the rainbow bridge.

Rainbow bridge is the bridge that connects the Earth&Heaven together but it is also always tightly guarded.
Only the guard of the rainbow bridge station or any royalties' blood can activate the bridge.
At the entrance of the rainbow bridge station,
little Sooyeon hid at a side of the entrance and started a fire at the other side of the bridge,
trying to distract the guards attention.
Successfully, she managed to distract the guards away from the entrance and sneaked into the station.
Little Sooyeon quickly drop a drip of her blood and activated the Rainbow bridge.
Before jumping into the rai
nbow bridge, she turned around and took a quick last look at her home and whispered,

"Goodbye everyone.."

Earth

A loud thud was heard in the middle of the night, at a park in Seoul.
A little figure was standing there, looking around the park with her luggage in her hands.

Little Sooyeon's POV

Hmm..
Where am i now?
This must be Earth..
Its kinda different from my home..
Ops, nope.
Earth will officially be my home..
I think i'll have to find a house first..
I hope my money is sufficient for one..

End of Little Sooyeon's POV

So little Sooyeon pulled her luggage around, looking for a place to stay.
Suddenly, a housing estate shop caught her attention.

"Looking for a new house urgently?"
"Stop looking, its here!"

After reading the sign, little Sooyeon went into the shop.

"Anyeonghaeseyo ahjussi" greeted Sooyeon politely as she entered the shop

"Ah, who are you looking for little girl?" asked the owner of the shop

"Ahjussi, i wanna buy the house that you are advertising there" said little Sooyeon as she pointed at the advertisements that were sticked onto the glass panels.

"Where's your parents? You're too young to live alone" said the owner

"Im already 10 years old!"
"My parents gave me money to live here, they wanted me to study here" lied
little Sooyeon

"Ah, really?"
"Do you have enough money?"
"The house that you want to buy, its a little remote you know"

"Ah, yes i know ahjussi" smiled little Sooyeon sweetly
"And yup, its 250million won right?"

"Yup it is"

"Okay, can i move in immediately ahjussi?"

"Of course yes" smiled the owner

"Okay, here's the 250million won ahjussi"
"Can you also bring me there?" asked little Sooyeon

"Oh, okay"
"Sure come on, lets go" said the owner as he held little Sooyeon's hands and led her to her new house.

After around 15 minutes walk, little Sooyeon reached her new home.
It was really pretty remote, but its a ideal place for her.
There's a little pool out there, the air is fresh since it is surrounded by trees&plants.
Its is an ideal place for her to train her ability to control the elements as well.
She could even start up a fire and train with it without anyone looking.

"Here's you key&this is your new house" said the owner as he handed the keys&the land deed over to little Sooyeon
"Take good care of yourself okay little girl" smiled the owner as he ruffled little Sooyeon's hair before leaving her alone.

"Kamshahamida ahjussi!" shouted little Sooyeon to the owner as he leaves.

"Ahh.."
"This is my new home.." whispered little Sooyeon as
she entered the house.
"Wow, it has been furnished already.."
"Great, im going to bed now.."
"So tomorrow i can go and enrol for school, like what the kids around my age does"


*Red Ink - English Conversation