# 4 (Donghae)

Innkeeper
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"He's coming so often for you."

Hyukjae keeps a straight face. Holds his pillow to cover it, too. Kyuhyun places Caramel on his bed.

"Now, where's that other one?"

"At the front, probably," Hyukjae mumbles. Caramel hops over his comforter. Burrows under his pillow. Pops out near his neck. Hyukjae smiles. Gently moves him. To his chest. "Hi there, baby bun..."

"Chewing things that could kill him..."

"Kyu, he's smart. He chews enough to ruin them and then stops. You don't have to look for Snowball. He'll come find me when he needs to."

"Sure he will." Kyuhyun puts his hands on his hips. "So, you gonna get up or what? Hayun told him to try coming at lunchtimes if he'd like to see you--"

"What?!" Hyukjae bolts up.

"It's so obvious," Kyuhyun says. Rolls his eyes. "He gets these sad looks and he glances around everywhere as if you'll come out of some corner--"

"He's just trying to understand how this place works..."

"Then why doesn't he do that when you're there to welcome him?"

"He does do that..." Hyukjae says. Moves off the bed. Puts Caramel down. Grabs a robe. He slips it over his sleep clothes. "Okay, go back to the kitchens, Kyuhyun..."

"For what?"

"Find something to do. I'll come down soon... no, Caramel, you can't come in here..."

The rabbit's hopped over. Hyukjae keeps his hand paused. On the door knob. Now he can't open it.

"Hyukjae," Kyuhyun says. "Why don't you just make him forget about this place so he stops coming?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Because he's nonmagic?"

Hyukjae picks up Caramel. Passes him to Kyuhyun.

"There's no law that says to stop nonmagic folks from coming in, Kyuhyun. I welcome everyone."

"The place is for wizards."

Hyukjae chuckles. That's always been a debate. He pecks Caramel's soft head. Then pushes Kyuhyun. Turns him around.

"Yes, that's why we currently have a vampire staying in room thirteen."

"Um, yes?" Kyuhyun swivels back around. "Because he used to be a wizard?"

"Actually, I'm pretty sure this one was nonmagic until he was turned."

Hyukjae attempts again. To move him. Out of his room.

"Oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter