Chapter 2

First Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of the alarm clock rang throughout the house, the man stretched out his hand to turn it off, sat down on the bed and stretched silently, looked to his right side of the bed and saw that his husband had already gotten up. 

 She did her hygiene calmly and without haste, dressed in one of her impeccable suits and walked down the corridor of the apartment until she reached the living room and kitchen of the "open space" concept. He found little Rowoon, 8, sitting at the table eating his meal while playing chess on his tablet. 

 Was it strange that an 8-year-old could play chess? And know all the rules? 

 He didn't know, but as long as his son liked it, it didn't matter to him. 

 Hyukjae : Good morning (smiled) Who's winning?

 Rowoon : Me (said without looking at the older man)


 That gesture wasn't strange for Hyukjae, Rowoon hadn't been very affectionate since he was a child. When he wanted some kind of affection, he always looked for his parents, or rather, he always looked for his maternal parent.

At first, the older man thought that Donghae would shower the little one with hugs and kisses all the time and for the first few months this was indeed the case, however, this affection began to subside from one day to the next and Hyukjae knew that it was some condition of his son's, but unfortunately, he wasn't stopping because he hadn't been able to keep up much with Rowoon's initial appointments and Donghae always said that everything was fine, so he believed his husband. 

 Hyukjae : Where is Omma? 

 Rowoon : He left for a meeting (he answered again without looking) 

 

 Hyukjae's eyes widened at this information and he tried to search his mind for a moment when the brunette had mentioned it to him. 

 Hyukjae : Right... that means I'll be the one driving you to school

 Rowoon : I'm already prepared, all that's left is to brush my teeth 

 Hyukjae : I'll just have some coffee and we can go 

 

 The little child nodded, finished the game in a very quick and clever move before Hyukjae even realized how Rowoon had managed to do it and watched him leave the table in the direction of his room. 

A few minutes later, the little boy came in with his school bag and put his shoes on without any help. 

Rowoon : I'm ready (he avoided looking at the older boy)

Hyukjae nodded and opened the door for his son to get in. They both walked towards the car and the older Hyukjae was ready to help the younger boy put on his seatbelt, but it wasn't necessary as Rowoon was already putting it on without any fuss. 

 Donghae had enrolled his son in a school a bit far from home and Hyukjae never understood that decision, but he didn't dispute it either. 

 Hyukjae : Drop him off (he said as he parked the car in a space in front of the school)

 Rowoon : No need to get out (quickly got out of the car) Thank you Mr. Lee (closed the door)


             Once again, Hyukjae's eyes widened at what he was hearing. 

 Since when did his own son call him by his surname?! 

 He was about to call out to the boy, when he noticed him already inside the school gate and greeting some people with the manners that Donghae had given him. 

 It's true that he hardly spent any time with his son, but he needed to work to support his family and secure the position that Mr. Choi preferred to give him rather than his own son. 

Oh, Lee Hyukjae w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter